Doc or Rondo must go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Doc or Rondo must go!

When KG, PP and RA were considered the leaders, the team played consistent defense and were always in games. Young players are inconsistent and it shows in their play or it shows in their maturity. The Celtics show it in both

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I've seen enough, Doc's motivating words are falling on deaf ears and he cannot get this team to play to it's potential anymore.

The other issue is Rondo has taken over the team and Doc/Danny turned the team over to him too soon. He's not ready to be a leader. Sure he's the PG and he's an All Star but he has too many mood swings and it shows in the way he plays and the team plays.

I'm ready for a change...I doubt it will be either one of them but it's time to put people on the table. The only untouchable players in my mind are KG and AB. Everyone else should be on the table for deals to get this team younger, hungrier and more consistent.

KG?  Only because he has a no trade.  Sick of seeing 20 foot shots even though he shoot them well.  Sully is not in that talk either.  You don't trade away a 20 year old that is a walking double double without a play being called for him.

Please explain how Rondo has taken over the team.  Leader is vastly over rated.  Guys play and if they produce they are good players.  Captain is another over rated thing.  Productivity is what counts and Rondo leadership has nothing to do with Sully rebounding like a machine, PP missing shots,  etc.

That's right because KG will not agree to a trade...he'll retire a Celtic.

Now, forget stats...they mean nothing if you don't win. Rondo's suspensions, Rondo's concern with getting an assist instead of making a basketball play (hence, passing up layups to make passes for a 20ft shot), not looking to score when it's obvious the team needs his scoring, his drop off in man to man defense (matador). It's been known that it's Rondo's team...where have you been?? Rondo is head strong and stubborn which has is a two-edged sword...but he isn't a leader.

What do you mean where have I been?  I have watched the same stuff. Where have you been?  Have you seen me saying how well Rondo has played somewhere?  I have posted the same stuff that is bolded numerous times. A long time ago as well.  Are you just now noticing these things?  They have been out there for quite a while now.

With that said,  Rondo is not junk either.  He has skill,  just doesn't fit our team any more.  He would fit great on Denver or a few other teams.

I stated "where have you been" because it's been told by Doc, PP and KG that they've relinquished leadership to Rondo. In your post it sounded like that wasn't the case.

No one is saying Rondo is junk but imagine guys like Doc, PP or KG not being around...Rondo would be acting like a chicken with his head cut off. For a young rebuilding team I don't see him as a leader. He's good on a veteran team that can keep him in line but his mood swings are so unpredictable that it would keep a young team unsettled. just my opinion.

I can sure see the bolded part above.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

KG and Pierce should be the leaders.  Not Rondo. That goes without saying. 

Why do you think Doc would say what he said then?  I don't think I have ever seen anyone diss players like KG and PP as far as being a leader on a team.  They were stars when Rondo was still arguing with his college coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I don't get why Rondo is to blame if guys like KG and Pierce are letting him be the leader.

If Rondo is the leader and he is a bad leader that's on everyone. Not just him.

+1

I mean come on, we all know Rondo's not consistent and he's not mature enough, so why force him to be the leader? 

To say Rondo is not consistent enough and not mature enough is to perfectly describe Rondo's problem going forward with the Celtics.  That is it.

+100

agreed..its like turning the car over to a 16 yrs old..when the kid realizes he doe'nt need the parent as much any more he starts thinking he can drive and do anything he wants..even spurns any type of advise(Allen,Doc,)Then probably starts making plans to hold a party in your house for the weakend..till the parents realize, they created a monster.(tantrums, tk's,fines))..what do you do???

I agree.

So why is it his fault that the team has made him a leader?

After his great performance in the playoffs last season they thought he was finally stepping up. Now they know he can't do it with is limitations and maturity level. The team has also dropped off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I mean come on, we all know Rondo's not consistent and he's not mature enough, so why force him to be the leader? 

The coach told Rondo to be the leader.

R9R agreed.

Talk to the coach. It was his call.

Pud

Okay.  so it's not on Rondo. Good point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

KG and Pierce should be the leaders.  Not Rondo. That goes without saying. 

Why do you think Doc would say what he said then?  I don't think I have ever seen anyone diss players like KG and PP as far as being a leader on a team.  They were stars when Rondo was still arguing with his college coach.

Just making the obvious point that it isn't just Rondo.  It's all of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

BirdBiasLewis Doc isn't going anywhere, you may as well enjoy the ride. 

Rondo will be given the full season to prove what he can do. More likely the team will choose to trade other assets and build around him but it's possible he could be traded this summer. 

It's clear that Rondo will up his game when he's around the right parts (e.g. Bradley) so they'll likely look to do that. 

Don't get me wrong if they can get a fantastic top 10 player for Rondo they will move him, but otherwise he's here too. 

On the other hand, Pierce could be very attractive to some contending teams. That is far more likely to happen. 

I'm surprised folks are so eager to trade now. Don't people realize other teams aren't ready to bail on their own seasons yet? Just because you wheeled up to the computer and got fed up doesn't mean other teams are ready to make moves. 

Danny will make a move prior to deadline but I expect a few weeks, and it depends a lot on how our team plays next few weeks, how healthy Bradley proves to be, etc. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

BirdBiasLewis Doc isn't going anywhere, you may as well enjoy the ride. 

Rondo will be given the full season to prove what he can do. More likely the team will choose to trade other assets and build around him but it's possible he could be traded this summer. 

It's clear that Rondo will up his game when he's around the right parts (e.g. Bradley) so they'll likely look to do that. 

Don't get me wrong if they can get a fantastic top 10 player for Rondo they will move him, but otherwise he's here too. 

On the other hand, Pierce could be very attractive to some contending teams. That is far more likely to happen. 

I'm surprised folks are so eager to trade now. Don't people realize other teams aren't ready to bail on their own seasons yet? Just because you wheeled up to the computer and got fed up doesn't mean other teams are ready to make moves. 

Danny will make a move prior to deadline but I expect a few weeks, and it depends a lot on how our team plays next few weeks, how healthy Bradley proves to be, etc. 

Well I'm not anymore fed up than Doc is. Doc is the one who blew a top.
    What do you see in this team that makes you think they can really compete this year? This is currently a first round exit team.

Currently constructed...If we don't get a top 4 seed, we're done in the first round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I've seen enough, Doc's motivating words are falling on deaf ears and he cannot get this team to play to it's potential anymore.

DING DING DING DING!!!!!!

EVERY coach has an "expiration date" after which the players do not listen to and are not motivated by them.

1) bass

2) terry

3) green

4) lee

5) darko

6) barbosa

these are not accidents

then there are they semih's and the kristic's that were servicable bigs and did not stick around..... 

there are many more questions than answers right now.

lilliputians such as fierce say "no way, not going to happen" and "who's better"

yet we are at the point that a self coached team would play more enthused ball then what we are seeing.  we are about to have a complete head case diagnosis on rondo and SIX OTHER INGREDIENTS ON THE ROSTER that are all "new" talent to help us "compete" that are doing STINKO- so for the sake of the alleged future lynch pin of the franchise.........

isn't it worth trying a new coach who will ACTUALLY COACH and CHALLENGE rondo instead of promoting this laissez faire existence we have seen unfold the last SEVEN YEARS with no repurcussions.  NO TEAM is going to change or get better by trades when they have FIVE PIECES they brought in that are able bodied players and NONE OF THEM ARE WORKING OUT- you could trade for all you want- spend a bundle, it's not going to work with doc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

After his great performance in the playoffs last season they thought he was finally stepping up. Now they know he can't do it with is limitations and maturity level. The team has also dropped off.

in all fairness to rondo- he was blessed into a starting role and NEVER CHALLENGED ONE BIT by a coach or GM his whole career.  so this is what you get!!!

any time you hear the words "player's coach" run for the hills with your hands cupped over your asse.  it just never ends well.  you're supposed to do that crap with VETERANS not rookies.

danny is also culpable in this rondo problem- he blessed rajon with a nice pay raise assuming or perhaps not caring if he ever got his game to the point where he could be an 82 game point guard plus a playoffs point guard....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

in all fairness to rondo- he was blessed into a starting role and NEVER CHALLENGED ONE BIT by a coach or GM his whole career.  so this is what you get!!!

any time you hear the words "player's coach" run for the hills with your hands cupped over your asse.  it just never ends well.  you're supposed to do that crap with VETERANS not rookies.

danny is also culpable in this rondo problem- he blessed rajon with a nice pay raise assuming or perhaps not caring if he ever got his game to the point where he could be an 82 game point guard plus a playoffs point guard....

Did you say the same thing when they won the whole thing..

How about when they made the finals again...

Contracts are based on potential returns...not certainty. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc forced this RONDO IS THE LEADER OF THE CELTICS down everyones throat.. media, team et al.. DOcs way of kissing a** of Rondo and hoping he turns the corner on his own,,cause Doc terrified to confront him.

Now Doc's fed up but no names mentioned.... or maybe Doc trying to blow smoke to save criticism of himself. 

All I hear when we discuss DOc is "he" won a title..... so now that we stink for the second regular season in a row... should Doc be criticized or is it a one way street?

In my book, Rondo is the anti-leader of this team.... and I bet alot of hidden resentment towards him and Doc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I don't get why Rondo is to blame if guys like KG and Pierce are letting him be the leader.

If Rondo is the leader and he is a bad leader that's on everyone. Not just him.

you are correct.  he's not just a bad leader, he is an UNQUALIFIED LEADER- aside from maybe ben wallace (for what it's worth, and he probably was not captain for very long), wilt, shaq, bill russell, there are exactly zero "team leaders" in the history of the game who are small players who shoot 55-60% free throws and NONE AT ALL WHATSOEVER that only tried 100% part of the time.  What would Cowens or Bird have to say about / to Rondo re; rondo being  a 7 year veteran point guard and shooting low 60% free throws, scoring 30 one night wrapped around games scoring 7 and 8 points respectively? 
    they would not have been kind words.  lol

EVERYONE IS CULPABLE- pierce and KG should not have stood for it but the further up the line you go- the fault apportionment is HEAVIER AS YOU GO- DOC RIBBERS AND DANNY derAINGed are the MOST culpable for letting the very idea of rondo-as-starter with the terribly incomplete game come a reality, let alone "leader' when he doesn't try but for half the regular season games.

you MOTIVATE a player to improve by holding things back (playing time, contract extensions) until they reach MILESTONES.  rondo has not been GIVEN or FULFILLED one single milestone in his career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Did you say the same thing when they won the whole thing..

How about when they made the finals again...

Contracts are based on potential returns...not certainty. 

ummmmm, when they won the whole thing, rondo was on the bench late in all the important games because he was not fit for duty due to his nuts in his throat about shooting free throws.

so, yes, rondo was a problem when we "won the whole thing" and had he sorted his crap out in the in-between years, we very well could have won it MORE THAN ONCE.  but he never sorted out the FT% and the basic open jump shooting.  he just wasn't interested in it.

does anyone remember back in 1972-ish when wilt decided he was all about assists, to the detriment of the rest of his game?  people thought he was a joke- he wanted the stats.  well, the more time drones on here with old rondo, he is more about hiding himself behind piles of assists while he shoots wilt like %ages from the perimeter and foul line.

you can try to make a super high amount of assists the lysol to cover up the stench of the incompetence of the rest of his game but it just doesn't work.  and neither did rondo in the 4th quarter of playoff games in 2008.  membah in game 2 against the Lakers when he fell apart at the free throw line??  i do.

from games 2-5 in the 2008 Lakers series, rondo was tittes on a boar, as follows:

Min Per Game: 23.7 miserable tiny minutes, forcing the big 3 to do all the point guard work

FG%:  34.8%

3PT FG%: didn't even try one

FT%: 40%

Assists: 6.25- a stat perverted by his 16 dimes in game 2 followed by near flat line gms 3-5

Rebs: 2.8  yawn

Steals: .8 "wow" i'm overwhelmed with his greatness

So, YEAH, i did "say that" after we won it all in 2008.  it took the blowout of game 6 for rondo to come out of his shell again, still shoot 40% from the floor but he got to gussy up his overall stats for the finals which were....  not good to date

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Doc forced this RONDO IS THE LEADER OF THE CELTICS down everyones throat.. media, team et al.. DOcs way of kissing a** of Rondo and hoping he turns the corner on his own,,cause Doc terrified to confront him.

Now Doc's fed up but no names mentioned.... or maybe Doc trying to blow smoke to save criticism of himself. 

All I hear when we discuss DOc is "he" won a title..... so now that we stink for the second regular season in a row... should Doc be criticized or is it a one way street?

In my book, Rondo is the anti-leader of this team.... and I bet alot of hidden resentment towards him and Doc

and that's how you get the rest of the new guys on the scene showing up playing like CRAP for way too long.  jeff green seems like he doesn't care- to the naked eye- which can be deceiving- some people are mild mannered, but i watched for he and rondo to develop a synergy EARLY ON when we got green because i figured "finally we have a thorougbred to run the floor with rondo"----- green ran the floor allright- just like he had in OKC, only now in BOS he was streaking up the floor with space b/t him and his man but the ball never came because rondo was busy deciding something else should happen.

so would i blame green for being pissed?  nope.  how about terry- comes from a team of vets that was really a NO BS team and he steps into this cow pie of rondo's head case driving the team down the toilet.  i can see how he's not having a great year for us.  it's not just rondo it's doc and ainge- when your coach, gm and prima donna starting PG lose cred with your players, it's the death knell for a team, as we have seen many nights this year when we have flagrantly mailed it in against the worst teams of the league and played otherwise lollygaggin' ball that makes me want to gag.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

IF RR leaves I can't wait to hear some juicy dirty laundry locker room stories about him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

ayer to improve by holding things back (playing time, contract extensions) until they reach MILESTONES.  rondo has not been GIVEN or FULFILLED one single milestone in his career.

Well i get your point and i agree with many things you said but why you have to write something that isn't true? Just to embroider your story?

but he never sorted out the FT% and the basic open jump shooting.  he just wasn't interested in it.

actually he figured it out

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1430478-the-nbas-best-shooters-from-each-area-on-the-floor

rondo has not been GIVEN or FULFILLED one single milestone in his career.

then why does he hold several Celtics franchise records? Or it doesn't count as a milestone?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

IF RR leaves I can't wait to hear some juicy dirty laundry locker room stories about him.

When traded, I wait with juicy anticipation to see how many of the Rondo-firsters go with him to his new team and how many stay with the Cs.

I hope they all go... and have  wonderful, wonderful lives cheering on their Teflon-coated boy wonder and his eternally evolving G-A-M-E... as he revolutionizes the PG position.

They deserve each other.

Pud 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc obviously needs to rest PP and KG. I'm not sure why he doesn't do what Pop does with the Spurs. Doc just plays KG and PP until their tongues are dragging. Sit them down for a few games and see who steps up...even if it's for auditions for trades. Let's see what some of these other guys are made of.

I hope something happens between the HEAT game Sunday and the Kings Wednesday...and we all know who I'm talking about........ahem Cousins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

When traded, I wait with juicy anticipation to see how many of the Rondo-firsters go with him to his new team and how many stay with the Cs.

I hope they all go... and have  wonderful, wonderful lives cheering on their Teflon-coated boy wonder and his eternally evolving G-A-M-E... as he revolutionizes the PG position.

They deserve each other.

Pud 

You are odd.  say what you just wrote out loud to yourself.

. There wont be a single person that "goes with Rondo to his new team. 

You are like the village lunatic.  Reign your self in a tad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Or neither goes any where! The C's are as likely to stand pat versus make a trade. If the Cs do not pick-up PP's option this summer, they will have enough  money to sign a big (possibly Big Al)!

Why would DA trade away assets NOW for a player that he can acquire, at no cost to the Cs, this summer. If the Cs were a player away from a shot at the finals, yes, but realisticly that does not appear to be the case.

What DA might do is try to get rid of BB and his contract, which may cost the Cs a 1st round pick! I would also attempt to trade JT to a contender.

Speculation: Melo will be called up soon to give Cs fans a glimpse at the future. I am also guessing that JG and Sully will soon be named starters, replacing PP and BB.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

There wont be a single person that "goes with Rondo to his new team. 

Pud: Hey!!!! Its Mister Creepers. Say Hello to Mr. Creepers.... kids!

Kids: H-E-L-L-O... Mr. Creepers!!!!

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pud

More insane babbling.  

What makes me creepy to you? You can do it.  Articiulate it.  Pretend you are a big boy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pud

Pud : "Rondo, Rondo Rondo Rondo Rondo"

Me "why are you so fixated on Rondo"

Pud" Waaaa"

Love ya.

Sections
Shortcuts