Doc - Please hire Kareem Abdul Jabbar!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Doc - Please hire Kareem Abdul Jabbar!!!

I'm not interested in anything he has to say.  He played for 800 years and said it all then.  Any comments now would be self-serving and almost asking for pity because he has no statue.  I shall also never read another  book by him, should he ever write one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Try not to be like Kareem was, guys......"Keep an open mind about things".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Doc - Please hire Kareem Abdul Jabbar!!!:
    Lets face it there are racist people everywhere. It is either learned, formed over years of hate, or both. But the issue here is simple: Could Kareem help the Celtics as a basketball coach? I would think in some capacity the answer would be yes.
    Posted by Celtics1986

does he do knee replacements?  can he take jerlame into a seance and have him come out with 30 year old knees instead of 50 year old knees? 

i mean seriously, if you were ever going to hire a prikk like kareem to coach your bigs, don't you want to HAVE some bigs worth coaching?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Try not to be like Kareem was, guys......"Keep an open mind about things".
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Im not sure if youre suggesting that we dont have an open mind or are behaving like Kareem. That would really be something and an indication you're faulting us for the opinions we have today based upon  Kareems long time behavior.

More appropriately, Id suggest you use the facts & history at your disposal and not  assume you have an inside track into the mind of the alleged new Kareem. His feelings have been documented well into his adulthood.

I bet he had a party every time a plane crashed or a white guy got his and you're looking for understanding?  Seems someones heart is always bleeding for the perpetrator.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Doc - Please hire Kareem Abdul Jabbar!!! : Im not sure if youre suggesting that we dont have an open mind or are behaving like Kareem. That would really be something and an indication you're faulting us for the opinions we have today based upon  Kareems long time behavior.   More appropriately, Id suggest you use the facts & history at your disposal and not  assume you have an inside track into the mind of the alleged new Kareem. His feelings have been documented well into his adulthood. I bet he had a party every time a plane crashed or a white guy got his and you're looking for understanding?  Seems someones heart is always bleeding for the perpetrator.
    Posted by Karllost

Stop, Karl.  It was a poke at you in jest, man.  Don't get so worked up over this.  I don't believe he's as much of a racist as you believe but I started my very first post by saying he was, indeed, racist.  But, I've also seen quotes of his book that clearly show he didn't start out that way (when he moved to a black neighborhood as a young boy, he was afraid of blacks and got called names by them and when he became a Muslim, he hated whites - so we know he's a chamelion).   I could be wrong.  Maybe he's a radical racist still.  I admit though, that I could be wrong.  My mind is open to the possibility that he's still a radical racist.  But, you should keep an open mind, as well and not let a topic like this work you up so much.

Its like letting Runandun or whatever his name is......get under our skins.  Just not worth being worked up over, my man.  Its time to move on from this discussion.

Acie - let's hope the Lockout ends soon enough for us to pick up some big man.  Danny's grand plan of Shaq, JON, and Krstic was a bit of a flop, huh?  I agree with your comment there.  Hope he can find some new magic at the 5 spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Doc - Please hire Kareem Abdul Jabbar!!! : Stop, Karl.  It was a poke at you in jest, man.  Don't get so worked up over this.  I don't believe he's as much of a racist as you believe but I started my very first post by saying he was, indeed, racist.  But, I've also seen quotes of his book that clearly show he didn't start out that way (when he moved to a black neighborhood as a young boy, he was afraid of blacks and got called names by them and when he became a Muslim, he hated whites - so we know he's a chamelion).   I could be wrong.  Maybe he's a radical racist still.  I admit though, that I could be wrong.  My mind is open to the possibility that he's still a radical racist.  But, you should keep an open mind, as well and not let a topic like this work you up so much. Its like letting Runandun or whatever his name is......get under our skins.  Just not worth being worked up over, my man.  Its time to move on from this discussion. Acie - let's hope the Lockout ends soon enough for us to pick up some big man.  Danny's grand plan of Shaq, JON, and Krstic was a bit of a flop, huh?  I agree with your comment there.  Hope he can find some new magic at the 5 spot.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

How the hell do you know what he thinks. I can you one thing , i know what he said and what he said was racist period. And hes said nothing to disprove those comments since. You make absolutely no sense at all. Your saying keep an open mind ... yea we are. We heard and know what he said and make judgements off of that , whats wrong with that? And the fact that he said while being a muslim means what exactly? That hes as crazy as the rest of them? Fact is if this guy was any good at anything besides playing basketball somebody would have hired him by now. We all know theres no shame in sports. GM's , owners wouldand have hired crack addicts before , if they thought they could help their bottom line. Maybe Kareem just absolutely suks at everything besides ball? What makes you think he would be a good anything bc he used to play basketball. The worst coaches , analyst in the world are all ex-players. Emmitt Smith has tons of rushing records but set analyst back 20 years! Shannon Sharpe might be the best TE to ever play but sounds like he's talking with marbles in his mouth while its sowed shut. And if hes really serious about coaching im 100% certain he could get a lower-level job somewhere to prove himself. Or do you want us to kick Doc. out to make room for him. You do realize your sticking up for Kareem abdul jabber dont you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Doc - Please hire Kareem Abdul Jabbar!!! : Stop, Karl.  It was a poke at you in jest, man.  Don't get so worked up over this.  I don't believe he's as much of a racist as you believe but I started my very first post by saying he was, indeed, racist.  But, I've also seen quotes of his book that clearly show he didn't start out that way (when he moved to a black neighborhood as a young boy, he was afraid of blacks and got called names by them and when he became a Muslim, he hated whites - so we know he's a chamelion).   I could be wrong.  Maybe he's a radical racist still.  I admit though, that I could be wrong.  My mind is open to the possibility that he's still a radical racist.  But, you should keep an open mind, as well and not let a topic like this work you up so much. Its like letting Runandun or whatever his name is......get under our skins.  Just not worth being worked up over, my man.  Its time to move on from this discussion. Acie - let's hope the Lockout ends soon enough for us to pick up some big man.  Danny's grand plan of Shaq, JON, and Krstic was a bit of a flop, huh?  I agree with your comment there.  Hope he can find some new magic at the 5 spot.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Im not following your logic about keeping an open mind.  Is it like keeping an open mind about Casey Anthony being a good mother in spite of the mountain of evidence to the contrary?

Keep an open mind about Kareem not being racist in spite of his long history to the contrary and boldly putting in print his hatred of whites and celebrating their death?  In a court of law he'd be convicted with prejudice! (nice pun there)

Usually youre one of the posters that makes the most sense on this forum and keep things in perspective.  On this issue youre using wishful thinknig and ignoring the facts completely. What motivates you to do this is hard for me to understand...unless of course, you are Kareem or his agent

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Doc - Please hire Kareem Abdul Jabbar!!! : Im not following your logic about keeping an open mind.  Is it like keeping an open mind about Casey Anthony being a good mother in spite of the mountain of evidence to the contrary? Keep an open mind about Kareem not being racist in spite of his long history to the contrary and boldly putting in print his hatred of whites and celebrating their death?  In a court of law he'd be convicted with prejudice! (nice pun there) Usually youre one of the posters that makes the most sense on this forum and keep things in perspective.  On this issue youre using wishful thinknig and ignoring the facts completely. What motivates you to do this is hard for me to understand...unless of course, you are Kareem or his agent
    Posted by Karllost

Karl, are you looking to just have an argument or can we just move on to another topic?

Let's talk about Acie's perspective that we don't have enough good bigs to even benefit from Kareem's knowledge.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Doc - Please hire Kareem Abdul Jabbar!!! : How the hell do you know what he thinks. I can you one thing , i know what he said and what he said was racist period. And hes said nothing to disprove those comments since. You make absolutely no sense at all. Your saying keep an open mind ... yea we are. We heard and know what he said and make judgements off of that , whats wrong with that? And the fact that he said while being a muslim means what exactly? That hes as crazy as the rest of them? Fact is if this guy was any good at anything besides playing basketball somebody would have hired him by now. We all know theres no shame in sports. GM's , owners wouldand have hired crack addicts before , if they thought they could help their bottom line. Maybe Kareem just absolutely suks at everything besides ball? What makes you think he would be a good anything bc he used to play basketball. The worst coaches , analyst in the world are all ex-players. Emmitt Smith has tons of rushing records but set analyst back 20 years! Shannon Sharpe might be the best TE to ever play but sounds like he's talking with marbles in his mouth while its sowed shut. And if hes really serious about coaching im 100% certain he could get a lower-level job somewhere to prove himself. Or do you want us to kick Doc. out to make room for him. You do realize your sticking up for Kareem abdul jabber dont you?
    Posted by startrightnow

Wrong, I'm not stickig up for Kareem.  I'm offering you another perspective.  I keep saying 100 times....I could be wrong.  Maybe you're right.  Reasonable minds can disagree.   So, let's move on.  OK?

Sections
Shortcuts