Doc, please no Ray Allen in crunch time

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Doc, please no Ray Allen in crunch time

All I can say is god helps us if it takes one whole game to make an adjustment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why people kept bashing Allen?  Allen was not the main guy to be blame for any of these losses.   Everyone played poorly in any games that they lost.  Allen's have the third highest FG percentage out of top 8 players for this series.   If you want Allen to remain on the bench longer, then tell Bradley stop committing stupid fouls. Also Bradley have the lowest assist per game out of all guards that play in this series.  Meaning Bradley doesnt know how to make any of these back door pass like Allen do.

Quit bashing on just one player.  Game was lost because the whole team played flat in the 4th quarter as well the Sixers took advantage of the FT's disparty.

If the referee let the game play tonite, Boston will win the game!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It is not Allen offense we are worrying about, it is the defense, especially when they go very small.  When Ray is not doing well on offense, we are better off having many other players in the game like Bass for rebounding and defensive purposes.  And I am not bashing Allen, he has been a great pro and a great Celtics, it is about winning the games that we can win right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

You re right that the defense was the problem, but Allen was not the only guy that didnt play good defense cuz Allen was guarding mostly small forward guy.  Really it was on Rondo, Bradley and Drooling (sub) where they couldnt stop Turner, William and Holliday.  If these guards do their defense job on them, they will shut down the whole Sixer's offense.  

That is the key tonite. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ray Allen is going to hit some big shots for us at some point in this series. Mark my words!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't know what it is, but when Ray or Dooling were there, Sixers guards were smelling blood and got really agressive and confidence was way up.  Not so much against Bradley and Pierce.  On offense, I think going small hurts Ray, the screens were not effective with just one big man in KG.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Doc, please no Ray Allen in crunch time:
    [QUOTE]Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Bass, and KG is our best unit.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Personally I still want RA in the game during the final 4 minutes. Bradley's defense is good and if Doc wants to go offense/defense in a tight game (which he NEVER does) then I like Bradley for defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

RA made 2 key TOs in 4th.

duc needs to use the bench more

burnin out the starters

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I'm not sure what they do but Ray can't guard a lampost right now. It's was frightening seeing him switched on IGGY mulitple times. Such a mismatch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not sure why so much focus is on RA's defense. LOL! That's not the reason why we lost or we're at 2-2. We can't cover any of the Sixers one on one so that's a mute point.

1-Forget the fast starts, it's a long game
    2-Rondo control the game
    3-Throw it in to KG, Allen cannot cover him
    4-Play the bench and stop score watching
    5-Finish each quarter strong.

Put the Sixers to sleep and let's get on to the next round.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Bass, and KG is our best unit.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Bradley is hurt so who do we play instead of him Kirk?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]RA made 2 key TOs in 4th. duc needs to use the bench more burnin out the starters
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE]

I do not remember seeing Allen making two turnovers in the forth quarter.  Also I read play by play in the boxscore for the 4th quarter, all I saw Rondo made two turnovers along with one each to Garnett and Pierce.

Forth quarter was loss due to Boston four turnovers as I mentioned above, too many miss long jumpers, Philly got at least three 3 point shots made and FT's made.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

ray cannot play defense, but with bradley gimpy we have limited options. our bench beyond bradley and pietrus is just flat awful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc, please no Ray Allen in crunch time : In the last game Bradley was a plus 12. Ray Allen was a minus 24. Defense matters.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

How can you judge on plus-minus on each player?  Bradley played mostly with the starting five while Allen came in to play with mostly substitutions for the whole second quarter such as Pietrus, Drooling, Hollin, etc.  That was why the plus and minus are way different between two players.

Not a good method to compare starters against bench players.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc, please no Ray Allen in crunch time : In the last game Bradley was a plus 12. Ray Allen was a minus 24. Defense matters.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

By the way, if you want to look at all four games, both Bradley and Allen split evenly who have the highest plus and minus ratings.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

If Allen was scoring then you could live with his non-existent defense. But he can't get open and make shots, so what's the good of having him on the floor? I cringe every time he puts the ball on the floor, cause he has trouble creating his own shot and frequently throws the ball away a la PP when double teamed. Maybe if we have the lead late in the 4th quarter and the Sixers start fouling then you have him on the floor for his free throw shooting, but otherwise he has been a real liability in this series.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Bradley's +/- was like a +9 in Game 4 and Ray Allen's was like a -28.

Of course, much of that is health.  I dont know, I dont see him getting much height when he jumps.  For a shooter, this is a tremendous concern.

I hope he's feeling better, but if he's hurting to the point where he can barely jump, he shouldn't be out there. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Are you guys actually watching the games?

Allen had his worst defense night this postseason and was still ok. He is playing far above average on the defensive-end this play-offs. He rebounds and passes good as well. In this postseason Allen is a much better rebounder and passer and at least the similiar defender than AB is this postseason (AB comitting to many stupid fouls and is just undersized against the backcourts of the hawks and the 76ers). The +/- last game was just a fluke and it was the other way around just a couple of days ago.

Allen's offense is the problem. He shoots at a high percentage (cause he takes it to the rim unlike AB and Pietrus), but is struggling with his shoot from three land and from the line. He has difficulties getting open cause the 76ers double him coming from screens and leave Bass, Hollins and Steamer wide open. Unfortunately they can't hit to save there lives.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

with Avery watching from the sidelines tonite, expect to see alot of Ray Allen in crunch time.