Doc "quit on us?" PLEASE!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

Doc "quit on us?" PLEASE!!

Lots of folks throwing around these words since the departure of Doc Rivers. While in a pure, technical sense it's obviously true, the way people are phrasing/repeating it makes it sound like he did something unethical or gutless. GIMME A BREAK.

I think Rivers is clearly now one of the top three or four coaching talents in the NBA. I would have preferred him to have stayed to see the Celtics through the rebuilding process -- continuity is an underrated asset in my opinion. And he'd frankly be a big help in the recruitment process. But I can't fault a man for moving on. Is a software engineer or accountant a bad person because he takes a better opportunity after nine years with a firm? Why is this so unacceptable in a coach?

Get real folks, Glenn Doc Rivers gave the fans and the organization their money's worth. He obviously didn't feel up to guiding the re-build. That doesn't make him either a hero or a bad person. It makes him normal. I can accept the fact that most people no matter what their field don't stay with any one organization indefinitely. It was time for him to move on. Now it's time for fans to move on. Thanks for your efforts, Doc. Maybe we'll see you in the finals in a few years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Doc

Glenn "Doc" Rivers quit on the C's.... and then he lied about what he had done.

The worse part was the weasle-worded lying. He should have said nothing at all and let his actions speak for themselves.

That I might could have respected.

He made FA RayRay look virtuous by comparison for going to the Heat and then calling RA selfish for his actions at the time.

Shame on doc for his weasleness.

Its not illegal or immoral to be a weasle.

It is what it is.... weasle.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Glenn "Doc" Rivers quit on the C's.... and then he lied about what he had done.

The worse part was the weasle-worded lying. He should have said nothing at all and let his actions speak for themselves.

That I might could have respected.

He made FA RayRay look virtuous by comparison for going to the Heat and then calling RA selfish for his actions at the time.

Shame on doc for his weasleness.

Its not illegal or immoral to be a weasle.

It is what it is.... weasle.

Pud

yup....and he had 3years at 7mil still left on his contract....i don't care how you cut it...he quit...if he did not come back...he quit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Louisio's comment:

Lots of folks throwing around these words since the departure of Doc Rivers. While in a pure, technical sense it's obviously true, the way people are phrasing/repeating it makes it sound like he did something unethical or gutless. GIMME A BREAK.

I think Rivers is clearly now one of the top three or four coaching talents in the NBA. I would have preferred him to have stayed to see the Celtics through the rebuilding process -- continuity is an underrated asset in my opinion. And he'd frankly be a big help in the recruitment process. But I can't fault a man for moving on. Is a software engineer or accountant a bad person because he takes a better opportunity after nine years with a firm? Why is this so unacceptable in a coach?

Get real folks, Glenn Doc Rivers gave the fans and the organization their money's worth. He obviously didn't feel up to guiding the re-build. That doesn't make him either a hero or a bad person. It makes him normal. I can accept the fact that most people no matter what their field don't stay with any one organization indefinitely. It was time for him to move on. Now it's time for fans to move on. Thanks for your efforts, Doc. Maybe we'll see you in the finals in a few years.

Who cares about Doc anymore. He is gone and by the time the Celts are competitive again, he will be a Free Agent Coach and Danny could bring him back if he so desired. However, I think Doc will be exposed in LA when he is not Coaching with 3 or 4 Hall of Famers on his club. How did he do in Orlando? How did he do in Boston before the Big 3 came together? Lost like 21 games in a row or something like that, did he not? I hate to bang on Doc but in my opinion, the Big 3 {4 if you count Rondo} quite honestly uderacheived. He got out-coached by Phil Jackson and Spolstra {Pat Riley???}. Getting a first round {unprotected} pick for him was a brilliant move by Ainge. Wish I could say the same for Olynyc but the verdict is obviously still out on that one. Doc has never been a good with young players and that is the cold hard truth. So, getting someone who can actually develope younger players is a much better decision for the Celts. Hey, it could be much worse......we could be Laker Fans!Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Disappointed in some of the Celtics fans on this Board.  In the past year, they've hated on Ray Allen, Doc Rivers, Rondo, and KG (He's all about the money threads).   All of these guys have faults but when the GM and owner make a decision, its disappointing that we turn on the players/employees who do what's in their best interest.   Danny hung Ray out to dry at every opportunity.   As he showed this year, if Ray had stayed, Danny would be trading him right now and Ray would have no say so in being stuck somewhere.  So, Ray left to take the best opportunity for him, not for the Celts.  Doc tried to convince Danny to keep it together but its clear where Danny was headed so Doc wanted to leave.  His owner clearly didn't want to pay $7M for a coach when all he needed was a caretaker to develop players for a few years.   He could have stayed and been fired later if Wyc or Danny didn't like what he was doing.   So, slavery is dead and yes - Doc chose to get out and the Celts got a first rounder out of it.  Then, KG gets criticized because, again, Management decides to blow it up and ship KG and Paul out to get something in return.  Response by some, not all, is that KG accepted the trade for money?  Really?   You think maybe he was being shipped out and he got out of it whatever he could knowing Danny wanted to ship him out?  Just maybe?  

We should be thanking all these guys for the class and pride they restored to our team.  The Celts were a sense of pride again.  Danny has the right to blow it up.  I get it.  It might be the best move.  I hope so!  But, let's not blame the players and coach for not wanting to be a part of the ugly process that's coming.   They have pride and they want to end their careers as winners, not losers.   I would change jobs, too, if my employer was laying off employees and cutting back where my life was about cost cuts and losing.   I'd find a place where we could grow and invest and spend money winning bids/business.  Please don't tell me you'd stay in your job in that situation.

Thanks to Doc, Ray, Paul, KG, and even Rondo if he gets shipped out.   Those guys made our organization respected, again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Chris Paul's health will determine the success of Doc in LA.  Paul is due for an injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Chris Paul's health will determine the success of Doc in LA.  Paul is due for an injury.

If CP3 goes down, maybe the Clips can work a deal to reunite doc with his luv-child, R9R.

They worked well together here, didn't they?

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Disappointed in some of the Celtics fans on this Board.  In the past year, they've hated on Ray Allen, Doc Rivers, Rondo, and KG (He's all about the money threads).   All of these guys have faults but when the GM and owner make a decision, its disappointing that we turn on the players/employees who do what's in their best interest.   Danny hung Ray out to dry at every opportunity.   As he showed this year, if Ray had stayed, Danny would be trading him right now and Ray would have no say so in being stuck somewhere.  So, Ray left to take the best opportunity for him, not for the Celts.  Doc tried to convince Danny to keep it together but its clear where Danny was headed so Doc wanted to leave.  His owner clearly didn't want to pay $7M for a coach when all he needed was a caretaker to develop players for a few years.   He could have stayed and been fired later if Wyc or Danny didn't like what he was doing.   So, slavery is dead and yes - Doc chose to get out and the Celts got a first rounder out of it.  Then, KG gets criticized because, again, Management decides to blow it up and ship KG and Paul out to get something in return.  Response by some, not all, is that KG accepted the trade for money?  Really?   You think maybe he was being shipped out and he got out of it whatever he could knowing Danny wanted to ship him out?  Just maybe?  

We should be thanking all these guys for the class and pride they restored to our team.  The Celts were a sense of pride again.  Danny has the right to blow it up.  I get it.  It might be the best move.  I hope so!  But, let's not blame the players and coach for not wanting to be a part of the ugly process that's coming.   They have pride and they want to end their careers as winners, not losers.   I would change jobs, too, if my employer was laying off employees and cutting back where my life was about cost cuts and losing.   I'd find a place where we could grow and invest and spend money winning bids/business.  Please don't tell me you'd stay in your job in that situation.

Thanks to Doc, Ray, Paul, KG, and even Rondo if he gets shipped out.   Those guys made our organization respected, again.

What is more dissapointing is some fans put certain individual on such a pedalstal that they are willing to make stuffs up like they know what they are talking about.  Not only you have no way of knowing a lot of what you are saying, you are making things up that neither Doc or the management or the media have ever suggested.  Then you call out fans who in their simple minded ways just see the situation as it is, but no, they are just all haters and should be lump together in one big pile because at one point they don't like something about someone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Actualy I was saying doc was mailing it in the last month of the season. Iwas RA hater and have posted my apology since many times,RA was honest and took the high road. I also said KG did bleed green just not Celtic green,I don't blame him for taking a sure 14 mil and he earned every penny. PP, he still might retire a Celtic and have nothing bad to say about him. As my moniker implies I'm a Rondo guy but,I've been a Celtic fan since before all of the afforementioned above were born. I'm a front of the jersey kind of guy. The only 2  possible negative things I said about Rondo was, even if we don't have KG,PP and RR we're still making the playoffs and if DA can get 100% value for Rondo before he comes back I'd be OK with that. I would have no problem with Rondo staying and winning with us. I think with the talent we had doc winning 1 ring was a disappointment. Bill Fitch accomplished just as much as doc did. I'm usually an every fan is entitled their opinion kind of guy but to all the doc apologists 4Q2 pal. doc tried to strong arm DA and painted himself into a corner. If he had all the class and accumen he is given credit for A PP,RA and KG would've had 2 rings with us and B KG and PP could've been with him too. doc didn't give rats behind about KG or PP. If doc is such a players coach why didn't RA follow doco to the clips? RA was being honest when he left,I was POed but it turns out I was wrong,and he took out a full page ad thanking the Boston fans,don't expect the same from doc. Next year when RA walks onto the parquet I will give him a standing O,even if I'm the only one doing doc can kiss my azzzzzzzzzzz. Why ?  because I am a lifelong Celtic fan, 50+ years. Kudos to Simmons for calling him out, Grantland is the best thing onESPNs site anyway. To Stephan A S it again you got it a 1/3 right while being a 100% azz. Good day sir.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to Louisio's comment:

Excellent post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Fluc Him, New EARA Coming To Boston.....Go Celts........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

What is more dissapointing is some fans put certain individual on such a pedalstal that they are willing to make stuffs up like they know what they are talking about.  Not only you have no way of knowing a lot of what you are saying, you are making things up that neither Doc or the management or the media have ever suggested.  Then you call out fans who in their simple minded ways just see the situation as it is, but no, they are just all haters and should be lump together in one big pile because at one point they don't like something about someone.

[/QUOTE]

Not true, Scubber.   I have no direct contact and dcon't "KNOW" things from direct contact.  But, everything I have said above is written by various reputable sources.  You should read more, my man.  Try ProSports Daily, CelticsLife.com, Boston Herald, ESPN's Boston Page, and Hoopsworld.  The points above are made in all those places.  Now, if the reporters like Jackie McMullen are lying or mis-reporting, you could have reason to argue.  But, I don't make stuff up.  I listen to those who know more than me and form opinions based on much of what I read.

Try it.  You might like it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

OK, what did Jackie McMullen say?  I am not sure what you mean?  I think you defintely read more than I do, but one should be able to seperate facts from questionable claims, no?  Twitter messages and blogs are opinions and speculations, not reputable sources.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Doc is a quitter, plain a simple.

Larry Bird isn't a quitter.

Keving McHale isn't a quitter.

Paul Pierce isn't a quitter.

Red isn't a quitter.

Heck, even KG, I wouldn't say he was a quitter.

Way to go and screw the entire franchise over, Doc, hope you get kicked out of the playoffs in the first round.