Doc really set us back last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc really set us back last night

One of the reasons we are going to lose tonight most probably is Doc's insistence on playing Ray big minutes last night.  It defines Doc and not in a good way. The focus of winning last night should have impeled him to win that game at all costs. Ray was off from the start of the game and the game was lost in the run when SA outscored us 17 to 2.

Tonight in an away we face a team (Rose is back, they have been on a losing streak)that is going to be as tough as they can possible be. Doc should have noted at all costs the SA game was the important one to not take a chance on.  He blew it for his team's momentum.  Maybe this recent run was unsustainable but he sure killed it with Ray last night.  I feel bad for Ray, Doc could have easily said that he was bringing Ray back slowly off the bench.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: Doc really set us back last night

Concord,
    I disagree with you. RA had to be re-integrated into a lineup, so Doc used the first opportunity to do it. IMO, makes no difference when: vs SA or Chi or Ind.
    Besides, the game was lost due to sloppy play at the end of the game.
    BTW, did you notice that RA had +3. Sure he was cold and rusty but if you don't play him you won't get his usual 15-20 points.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

tonites line up: SG: Ray Allen = 2 game losing streak.

momentum was executed wo a fair trial last nite
    doc needs a doctor

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

DA needs to sit down and have a long talk with doc...

...so that doc can sit down and have a long talk with RA.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Doc really set us back last night:
    DA needs to sit down and have a long talk with doc... ...so that doc can sit down and have a long talk with RA. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

that was funny but very true!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

In Response to Doc really set us back last night:
    One of the reasons we are going to lose tonight most probably is Doc's insistence on playing Ray big minutes last night.  It defines Doc and not in a good way. The focus of winning last night should have impeled him to win that game at all costs. Ray was off from the start of the game and the game was lost in the run when SA outscored us 17 to 2. Tonight in an away we face a team (Rose is back, they have been on a losing streak)that is going to be as tough as they can possible be. Doc should have noted at all costs the SA game was the important one to not take a chance on.  He blew it for his team's momentum.  Maybe this recent run was unsustainable but he sure killed it with Ray last night.  I feel bad for Ray, Doc could have easily said that he was bringing Ray back slowly off the bench.
    Posted by concord27

its his coaching at the end of this game and many others the past 3 or 4 years  that  cost us. they have no plan when the game is on the line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Doc really set us back last night : they have no plan when the game is on the line.
    Posted by candre99

Yes they do. It goes like this: Paul, I want you to iso on your man and shake him loose. Then throw up a brick and when it clanks off the rim, walk off the court shaking your head saying "we wuz robbed by the refs"!

That's the real Celtic plan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Doc really set us back last night : Yes they do. It goes like this: Paul, I want you to iso on your man and shake him loose. Then throw up a brick and when it clanks off the rim, walk off the court shaking your head saying "we wuz robbed by the refs"! That's the real Celtic plan.
    Posted by Elven 32

Your comment are usually moronic.  On this on there is a grain of truth.  Paul isoing his man for a last shot has not been a winner this year.

Then again nobody klangs more shots on an iso situation than Kobe Bean.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: Doc really set us back last night : Your comment are usually moronic.  On this on there is a grain of truth.  Paul isoing his man for a last shot has not been a winner this year. Then again nobody klangs more shots on an iso situation than Kobe Bean.
    Posted by concord27

Hey concord, I feel your pain dawg! By the way, how did that Clipper beat down of the Lakers work out for ya??

Foot in mouth

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Doc really set us back last night : Hey concord, I feel your pain dawg! By the way, how did that Clipper beat down of the Lakers work out for ya??
    Posted by Elven 32

The Lakers had an 18 point lead and the Cippers had a chance to win with 18 seconds.  Hardly a beat down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: Doc really set us back last night : The Lakers had an 18 point lead and the Cippers had a chance to win with 18 seconds.  Hardly a beat down.
    Posted by concord27

Read the question slowly dawg. How did the Clipper beat down of the Lakers work out for ya?

Foot in mouth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Bradley has shown he can play - it's probably too late this year to ask Ray to come off the bench.  But next year he would be the perfect sniper.  Bradley is used to it, and so it's probably easier for him right now!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I thought Doc got the C's back in the game by going with the smaller line-up. And the C's got the play they wanted at the buzzer. Not a coaching loss in my mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

If Paul hits that shot, what would we talking about right now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Posted by cfaninla

Dunno... one of two choices:

Hey where did all the Laker trolls go....?

Or... maybe.... RayRay had a miserable game tonight... but we won... U-G-L-Y.. and AB was huge off the bench just like Doc said he would be! (That Doc fella is a genius!)

Pud

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Concord, I disagree with you. RA had to be re-integrated into a lineup, so Doc used the first opportunity to do it. IMO, makes no difference when: vs SA or Chi or Ind. Besides, the game was lost due to sloppy play at the end of the game. BTW, did you notice that RA had +3. Sure he was cold and rusty but if you don't play him you won't get his usual 15-20 points. AK
    Posted by sinus007

Give me a break, Ray brings mostly nothing to the game plan. So how many points did he score? How many times did he go to the hoop. He was mostly missing from the TV sceen, stuck in a corner waiting for the perfect pass and shot. Speak about no defense! AB is now twice the player Ray is.

Ray might make a good 6th man. Maybe not. He takes away more than he gives.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Posted by cfaninla

The fact is that shot Paul got he has not made consistently all year.  I think other options would have made more sense considering that. Ray ironically was wide open.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Doc really set us back last night : Read the question slowly dawg. How did the Clipper beat down of the Lakers work out for ya?
    Posted by Elven 32

Who said the Clippers were going to beat them down? Don't worry losses are coming both team's way. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Doc really set us back last night : Your comment are usually moronic.  On this on there is a grain of truth.  Paul isoing his man for a last shot has not been a winner this year. Then again nobody klangs more shots on an iso situation than Kobe Bean.
    Posted by concord27

If you had a shred of evidence to back that up you might be taken seriously!  So all the analysts(former NBA players/coaches) on TV are wrong and you're right?  Your hate for Kobe and the Lakers is obvious, but it is like cutting your nose off despite your face.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Doc really set us back last night : The fact is that shot Paul got he has not made consistently all year.  I think other options would have made more sense considering that. Ray ironically was wide open.
    Posted by concord27

I remember one game last year, where he PASSED to Ray in the corner, and he nailed it!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I thought we're discussing Doc's decision to play RA as a starter. Hmm, then what Lakers, Clippers and Kobe have to do with it? Anyone?

AK

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: Doc really set us back last night":
    If Paul hits that shot, what would we talking about right now? Posted by cfaninla
    IF

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Doc really set us back last night:
    One of the reasons we are going to lose tonight most probably is Doc's insistence on playing Ray big minutes last night.  It defines Doc and not in a good way. The focus of winning last night should have impeled him to win that game at all costs. Ray was off from the start of the game and the game was lost in the run when SA outscored us 17 to 2. Tonight in an away we face a team (Rose is back, they have been on a losing streak)that is going to be as tough as they can possible be. Doc should have noted at all costs the SA game was the important one to not take a chance on.  He blew it for his team's momentum.  Maybe this recent run was unsustainable but he sure killed it with Ray last night.  I feel bad for Ray, Doc could have easily said that he was bringing Ray back slowly off the bench.
    Posted by concord27

I agree with some of your post but Ray needed to start..he is our starting 2 guard! (AB is man enough to know that) and I believe the c's will win tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hi, I thought we're discussing Doc's decision to play RA as a starter. Hmm, then what Lakers, Clippers and Kobe have to do with it? Anyone? AK
    Posted by sinus007

Elven jumped and made a comment how you like the Lakers beat down of the Clipper last night. I responded to that.

Sections
Shortcuts