Doc Rivers: ‘Chicago’s tougher than us’

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Doc Rivers: ‘Chicago’s tougher than us’

Wow I thought Perkins use to start for us. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Doc Rivers: ‘Chicago’s tougher than us’:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers: ‘Chicago’s tougher than us’ : +1
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    I know I would love Noah if he was a Celtic right now. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers: ‘Chicago’s tougher than us’ : In 2008 and 2009 the Celts were averaging 42 boards per game. In 2010 and up to now the Celts are just averaging close to 39 boards per game. Same starting 5 from 2008 to 2010 and the Celts went from 42 rpg to 39 rpg. I don't think the Celts boxed out better in 2008 and 2009. The Big 3 just got old.

Now tell the rest of that story, man, since you only report half the story!!!. 

1. You picked 2010 because that was the year after Garnett's injury and he dropped from 9.2 rpg to 7.3.  However, by 2011, he was back up to 8.9 rpg.

2.   In 2008, the Big 3 averaged 18.0 rpg collectively.  In 2012, they average 16.8.  So, they lost only 1.2 rebounds per game since the championship year.  The rest of the team is where the drop off really occurred.  Why don't you talk about that????

We all know the C's have a rebounding problem.  But when you no longer have a Perkins, a Posey, a Brown, a Baby Davis, etc and you pick up a Stiemsma, a Bass, and an injured Wilcox - you lose some rebounding.  We were never GOOD at it in the beginning but now we're worse given who Danny has put on the court (and Moore + JJJ aren't going to make the number better so don't blame substitutions).   The bottom line is that Bass and the rest of the supporting cast all stink at rebounding.  

I maintain, the Big 4 are not the issue.  They only lose 1.2 rebounds per game since the championship year.   The rest is on our supporting cast. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers: ‘Chicago’s tougher than us’ : Now tell the rest of that story, man, since you only report half the story!!!.  1. You picked 2010 because that was the year after Garnett's injury and he dropped from 9.2 rpg to 7.3.  However, by 2011, he was back up to 8.9 rpg. 2.   In 2008, the Big 3 averaged 18.0 rpg collectively.  In 2012, they average 16.8.  So, they lost only 1.2 rebounds per game since the championship year.  The rest of the team is where the drop off really occurred.  Why don't you talk about that???? We all know the C's have a rebounding problem.  But when you no longer have a Perkins, a Posey, a Brown, a Baby Davis, etc and you pick up a Stiemsma, a Bass, and an injured Wilcox - you lose some rebounding.  We were never GOOD at it in the beginning but now we're worse given who Danny has put on the court (and Moore + JJJ aren't going to make the number better so don't blame substitutions).   The bottom line is that Bass and the rest of the supporting cast all stink at rebounding.   I maintain, the Big 4 are not the issue.  They only lose 1.2 rebounds per game since the championship year.   The rest is on our supporting cast. 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

And that's on Danny.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]Not tougher, Doc. Smarter. Chicago has a better coach. I would have played Stiemsma till he fouled out, not played Ray at all, and put KG on Deng.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said, especially not playing Ray. He can shoot an occasional three, but that is the end of his game. Plus AB should be getting more minutes than Ray. Defense is as important as scoring, maybe more important. AB is a great defender, Ray can't defend at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers: ‘Chicago’s tougher than us’ : Kevin Love is tall and has a wide body.  Larry Bird is a special player. Enough said. This current group of Celtic rebounders are not great rebounders. KG was a great rebounder before he got hurt in 2009. Other than KG we have no big man that you would consider a great rebounder. Even Perk was not a great rebounder. The players of today are more athletic. So even if you box out, players like Blake Griffin and Josh Smith will jump over you to get a rebound. 

If you stick your butt into someone's gut they will not jump over you.

Sections
Shortcuts