Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability

In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability:
    [QUOTE]How about this, if the Lakers are offering to trade Mike Brown for Doc Rivers would Celtic fans agree to do this trade?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are many good coaches in the NBA.

You might have noticed some posts disappeared. I reported them for "attacking another poster." I did the same on another thread, where someone is calling you a pervert in his signature. My suggestion is to not retaliate and ignore them. Everyone should start reporting troll posts. But don't go overboard. Pick your spots, so BDC doesn't have to think hard whether a post should remain or not. I', impressed that they took action based on my reports. The next test is whether such people will be allowed to keep their accounts, if they persist with anti-social behavior.

For the Laker fan, I'll say this. Losing in Finals is nothing to be proud of. When folks think of the NFL Bills or the Atlanta Braves, they think of losers. Teams like Cleveland and the Red Sox before 2004 are seen as lovable losers. The Lakers record in Finals is pitiful.

Take away their two Yankee styled bought dynasties with Kobe and Shaq and the recent one and take away the Minneapolis titles, and they are no better than the Chicago Bulls for legacy. They are second place to the Celtics. They know better than us they are second best, like we used to know we were second best to the Yankees in the AL East. Now they are facing a downslide. I predict future trolls from California will be Clipper fans. The Lakers are probably facing a 20 year drought. We feel their pain.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

There's all the talk about Doc not developing young talent but then those same people don't talk about Rondo, BBD, Delonte, Big Al, Ryan Gomes, Perkins, etc.  How does a Perkins look good to the rest of the league?   Through Rivers as his coach.  How does BBD get to be a candidate for 6th man of the year?  Through his coach.  how does Rondo become an allstar guard when he has no jump shot and can't shot a free throw?  Through his coach.  

Doc coaches to the situation.  When the team had a bunch of kids + Paul, Doc coached to teach the kids.  When he got veterans, he coached for championship.  Even through the MASSIVE number of injuries this past year, he coached them to a great record.  With Posey gone and other vets gone + KG out, he got to a game 7 with Orlando.  With the injuries last year and a make shift bench in Sasha, Arroyo, Murphy and with Shaq hurt, West hurt, BBD knee hurt, Green learning the system - he coached them to within a few baskets and a broken play of really challenging Miami.  

Doc has proven on more than one occasion that he pushes players hard and they love him not because he coddles them but because he's honest and candid with them.  They respect him for that and his results show he has faith in the players but pushes them to do more than they think they are capable of.

This team, between the players and the coach, have achieved so much and yet some folks continue to criticize and say the coach is not a good coach.  Maybe you should be careful of what you ask for or you'll end up like other franchises - changing coaches every year or getting Rick Pitino and ML Carr!   That's it, Doc stinks so let's go back to what it was like before he and Danny turned it around.

I'm with the original poster - Doc gives us stability and we'll have another great year next year.  We will be in the thick of it, again and over the next few years, we'll transition to a new team without going to the bottom like we used to!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

Whats all this nonsense about Doc being a great coach?

Hes been over playing his vets to a fault. Promising each season to limit their minutes and instead, the minutes go up and theres nothing left in the tank at the end.

You're crediting Doc for BBD's development? LMAO!! BBD was a bench warmer. In 2008 he barely touched the floor in the finals. BBD developed himself because Doc never gave him any meaninful minutes of PT. Only reason BBD became valuable is because Doc was FORCED to play him after KG went down with the knee. BBD then stepped up and showed his stuff. The STUFF Doc had sitting on the bench and rarely playing. If anything it shows how weak Doc is as a coach.

Half the time these out of TO's plays are called, its the players calling them. Also many coaches call great plays but its up to the players to execute. Coaches can all look great when there's 4 HOF's on the floor for them.

Where did this Doc attitude of having players working extra hard in practice or not get PT come from? That wasnt Doc, thats KG! KG set the tone in Boston, not Doc Rivers. VIrtually every player says it. Doc jumped on KGs coattails, plain & simple.

Docs rotations and minutes management is terrible. Bench players doing well get sent to Siberia for unknown reasons. Starters stinking it up, not hustling keep getting their butts kissed and never lose a minute. Great lesson there, huh? Doc is too busy drooling over his starters because they are the only reason hes become a relevant coach in the NBA. Just about everyone else off the bench has had problems with DOc or vice versa. Look at the 2008 team and figure out who's still here besides the starters? BBD, that's it and he's probably leaving too.

Face it, Danny gave Doc a sweet deal. He brought in superstars that played the game right, to win. Doc gobbled it up and made a poor coaching career into a good one.

Now Tom Tib went to Chicago, you remember him dont you? The guy Doc forbidded to speak to the media? Now the Bulls are legit championship contenders all centered around their defense. The defense that the Celtics won a title with.

Doc is not a great coach. Hes not an above average NBA coach. His body of work is bad. His only credential is THE BIG 3.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Whats all this nonsense about Doc being a great coach? Hes been over playing his vets to a fault. Promising each season to limit their minutes and instead, the minutes go up and theres nothing left in the tank at the end. You're crediting Doc for BBD's development? LMAO!! BBD was a bench warmer. In 2008 he barely touched the floor in the finals. BBD developed himself because Doc never gave him any meaninful minutes of PT. Only reason BBD became valuable is because Doc was FORCED to play him after KG went down with the knee. BBD then stepped up and showed his stuff. The STUFF Doc had sitting on the bench and rarely playing. If anything it shows how weak Doc is as a coach. Half the time these out of TO's plays are called, its the players calling them. Also many coaches call great plays but its up to the players to execute. Coaches can all look great when there's 4 HOF's on the floor for them. Where did this Doc attitude of having players working extra hard in practice or not get PT come from? That wasnt Doc, thats KG! KG set the tone in Boston, not Doc Rivers. VIrtually every player says it. Doc jumped on KGs coattails, plain & simple. Docs rotations and minutes management is terrible. Bench players doing well get sent to Siberia for unknown reasons. Starters stinking it up, not hustling keep getting their butts kissed and never lose a minute. Great lesson there, huh? Doc is too busy drooling over his starters because they are the only reason hes become a relevant coach in the NBA. Just about everyone else off the bench has had problems with DOc or vice versa. Look at the 2008 team and figure out who's still here besides the starters? BBD, that's it and he's probably leaving too. Face it, Danny gave Doc a sweet deal. He brought in superstars that played the game right, to win. Doc gobbled it up and made a poor coaching career into a good one. Now Tom Tib went to Chicago, you remember him dont you? The guy Doc forbidded to speak to the media? Now the Bulls are legit championship contenders all centered around their defense. The defense that the Celtics won a title with. Doc is not a great coach. Hes not an above average NBA coach. His body of work is bad. His only credential is THE BIG 3.
    Posted by TheTruthsays[/QUOTE]

You look at every fact and if its bad, you blame it on Doc and then you look at every good item and give credit to someone else, huh?   So, KG is now coaching the players and Doc's just standing there.  BBD developed himself?   Get real, man.  You're actually trying to say that BBD taught himself where to be on the defensive floor and how to hold off other big men?   BBD knows how to rotate on D because he taught it to himself?   Have you ever played the game?  Do you really think players just go whereever they want to and that the coach isn't telling them where to go?

And on the C's, all the credit goes to the players but on the Bulls, all the credit goes to the coach, huh?   Thib's success has nothing to do with being on the Celtics staff and nothing to do with having the player of the year and a young athletic team, huh?   The players mean nothing in Chicago and the players are everything in Boston.

Try being more balanced, my man.  Give credit where credit is due - Doc is a major part of the Celts success as is Danny as is KG, Ray, Paul, and Rondo.  And yes, Rondo is in a system that makes him look good because the coach taught him how to run the team and designed an offensive system that uses Rondo's strength (despite the fact that MANY people want Rondo to learn to shoot jumpers - Doc wants him to create shots for the great shooters he has around him).  That's coaching my friend - not KG designing an offensive scheme.   How can you even pretend that its not coaching that designed the Celtics play together.  That's not even mentioning the teamwork that comes from how Doc has pulled them all together (and did it in their very first season together!).

I love Thibs, I love KG, I love the Big 3......but each of them is being helped tremendously by the entire system and Doc is a part of the system for the C's.  Likewise, the players are a big part of the success for the Bulls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : You look at every fact and if its bad, you blame it on Doc and then you look at every good item and give credit to someone else, huh?   So, KG is now coaching the players and Doc's just standing there.  BBD developed himself?   Get real, man.  You're actually trying to say that BBD taught himself where to be on the defensive floor and how to hold off other big men?   BBD knows how to rotate on D because he taught it to himself?   Have you ever played the game?  Do you really think players just go whereever they want to and that the coach isn't telling them where to go? And on the C's, all the credit goes to the players but on the Bulls, all the credit goes to the coach, huh?   Thib's success has nothing to do with being on the Celtics staff and nothing to do with having the player of the year and a young athletic team, huh?   The players mean nothing in Chicago and the players are everything in Boston. Try being more balanced, my man.  Give credit where credit is due - Doc is a major part of the Celts success as is Danny as is KG, Ray, Paul, and Rondo.  And yes, Rondo is in a system that makes him look good because the coach taught him how to run the team and designed an offensive system that uses Rondo's strength (despite the fact that MANY people want Rondo to learn to shoot jumpers - Doc wants him to create shots for the great shooters he has around him).  That's coaching my friend - not KG designing an offensive scheme.   How can you even pretend that its not coaching that designed the Celtics play together.  That's not even mentioning the teamwork that comes from how Doc has pulled them all together (and did it in their very first season together!). I love Thibs, I love KG, I love the Big 3......but each of them is being helped tremendously by the entire system and Doc is a part of the system for the C's.  Likewise, the players are a big part of the success for the Bulls.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You're dead wrong!

KG had that same work ethic in MInn, he brought it here. That wasnt in Docs resume. Most every player who discusses it credits KG and the man pushing everyone and setting the tone. Many times its also mentioned in the media.  Thats KG's legacy, not Doc's

The common denominator is KG, not Doc. Stop kissing his butt, he doesnt deserve it.

You want to credit Doc for teaching BBD about the game? Since he taught him so well, why wasnt he playing him? Why couldnt Doc recognize BBD would be a major force on this team?  I'll tell you why, it's because Doc didnt know any better.  He played him when no other choice was available. BBD came on and did an incredible job.

Now tell me DOc knew it all along, was part of his plan LMAO!

Doc was so good, Pierce wanted out until Danny got Ray & KG.

The only player you can give some credit to Doc for developing is Rondo and lets face it. Rondo has certain skills that are special and lacks other skills that are usually bare minimum requirements of an NBA PG.  But lets not forget Rondo is playing with savvy, star players in the linep. The star studded lineup thats over played constantly by Doc.

You liked how he handled Krystic on the floor? Screaming and berating him. Benching Wafer after he played so well, benching Quis after a great stretch and keeping him buried on the bench.

Like I said, the common denominator isnt Doc. It was KG and BBD. KG has the legacy of it. BBD was a bench warmer, so Doc didnt see much value in him. In both cases, Doc came along for the ride and people like you fall over over yourselves heaping praise on this below average coach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Doc in game 7, 4th quarter, celts behind by 3 with a few minutes on the clock. Boston is getting pulverized on the boards and cry me a river says" move, move, move. Believe in yourselves".

Really? That it? No wonder the smeltics lost lmao.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Doc in game 7, 4th quarter, celts behind by 3 with a few minutes on the clock. Boston is getting pulverized on the boards and cry me a river says" move, move, move. Believe in yourselves". Really? That it? No wonder the smeltics lost lmao.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

End of THE SWEEP last year, Phony Phil says," I'm glad the season's over."  No wonder the fakers lost. LMAO!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : You're dead wrong! KG had that same work ethic in MInn, he brought it here. That wasnt in Docs resume. Most every player who discusses it credits KG and the man pushing everyone and setting the tone. Many times its also mentioned in the media.  Thats KG's legacy, not Doc's The common denominator is KG, not Doc. Stop kissing his butt, he doesnt deserve it. You want to credit Doc for teaching BBD about the game? Since he taught him so well, why wasnt he playing him? Why couldnt Doc recognize BBD would be a major force on this team?  I'll tell you why, it's because Doc didnt know any better.  He played him when no other choice was available. BBD came on and did an incredible job. Now tell me DOc knew it all along, was part of his plan LMAO! Doc was so good, Pierce wanted out until Danny got Ray & KG. The only player you can give some credit to Doc for developing is Rondo and lets face it. Rondo has certain skills that are special and lacks other skills that are usually bare minimum requirements of an NBA PG.  But lets not forget Rondo is playing with savvy, star players in the linep. The star studded lineup thats over played constantly by Doc. You liked how he handled Krystic on the floor? Screaming and berating him. Benching Wafer after he played so well, benching Quis after a great stretch and keeping him buried on the bench. Like I said, the common denominator isnt Doc. It was KG and BBD. KG has the legacy of it. BBD was a bench warmer, so Doc didnt see much value in him. In both cases, Doc came along for the ride and people like you fall over over yourselves heaping praise on this below average coach.

Man, you got some serious hate going on.  Can't even be rational about it.   KG coaches the team.  Doc has no hand in developing BBD.  Doc never developed West nor Gomes nor Perk nor any other player recognized as not being a bum, huh?    

So, I comment that Doc is even a PART of the team's success and you say I'm dead wrong.  Try to be a more rational poster, man.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : End of THE SWEEP last year, Phony Phil says," I'm glad the season's over."  No wonder the fakers lost. LMAO!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

23 years of failure and cry me a river says "How come GOAT gets MJ, Shaq, Kobe while I get scrubs like wheelchair. Am I really gonna be a one hit nobody?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : You're dead wrong! KG had that same work ethic in MInn, he brought it here. That wasnt in Docs resume. Most every player who discusses it credits KG and the man pushing everyone and setting the tone. Many times its also mentioned in the media.  Thats KG's legacy, not Doc's The common denominator is KG, not Doc. Stop kissing his butt, he doesnt deserve it. You want to credit Doc for teaching BBD about the game? Since he taught him so well, why wasnt he playing him? Why couldnt Doc recognize BBD would be a major force on this team?  I'll tell you why, it's because Doc didnt know any better.  He played him when no other choice was available. BBD came on and did an incredible job. Now tell me DOc knew it all along, was part of his plan LMAO! Doc was so good, Pierce wanted out until Danny got Ray & KG. The only player you can give some credit to Doc for developing is Rondo and lets face it. Rondo has certain skills that are special and lacks other skills that are usually bare minimum requirements of an NBA PG.  But lets not forget Rondo is playing with savvy, star players in the linep. The star studded lineup thats over played constantly by Doc. You liked how he handled Krystic on the floor? Screaming and berating him. Benching Wafer after he played so well, benching Quis after a great stretch and keeping him buried on the bench. Like I said, the common denominator isnt Doc. It was KG and BBD. KG has the legacy of it. BBD was a bench warmer, so Doc didnt see much value in him. In both cases, Doc came along for the ride and people like you fall over over yourselves heaping praise on this below average coach.

NO, we are not!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : 23 years of failure and cry me a river says "How come GOAT gets MJ, Shaq, Kobe while I get scrubs like wheelchair. Am I really gonna be a one hit nobody?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Then, there's Mike  Brown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]  The Lakers are probably facing a 20 year drought. We feel their pain.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

Of course you understand that from 1987-2007 boston was insignificant. In 9 of those seasons within that span they didn't even make the playoffs!! 16 times in their history boston has missed the playoffs!! In that same period the Lake Show missed the playoffs twice. Only a mere 5 times have the Lakers missed the playoffs.

So have the Lakers ever had a miserable and pathetic 20 year drought like the smeltics..........

N E V E R!!

http://www.nbauniverse.com/teams/records_los_angeles_lakers.htm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : Man, you got some serious hate going on.  Can't even be rational about it.   KG coaches the team.  Doc has no hand in developing BBD.  Doc never developed West nor Gomes nor Perk nor any other player recognized as not being a bum, huh?     So, I comment that Doc is even a PART of the team's success and you say I'm dead wrong.  Try to be a more rational poster, man.  

Pathetic!

I disagree with you about Doc Rivers and you conveniently start calling it hate. Is racism far behind?

Do you need to pull the wool over everyones eyes and say Doc made BBD the player he is today? If that's the case, then Doug Collins made MJ and Bill Fitch made Larry Bird.

Face facts. Doc had BBD on the bench, hardly playing. Only KG going down forced DOc to play BBD. Thats when BBD opened everyones eyes and we realized how good he was.

Doc was blinded to that fact. He didnt use him. Now you want to credit Doc for that, huh?

So funny

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : Pathetic! I disagree with you about Doc Rivers and you conveniently start calling it hate. Is racism far behind? Do you need to pull the wool over everyones eyes and say Doc made BBD the player he is today? If that's the case, then Doug Collins made MJ and Bill Fitch made Larry Bird. Face facts. Doc had BBD on the bench, hardly playing. Only KG going down forced DOc to play BBD. Thats when BBD opened everyones eyes and we realized how good he was. Doc was blinded to that fact. He didnt use him. Now you want to credit Doc for that, huh? So funny

OK, then.  Let's try one more time.  After this, if I can't get you to be rational and logical, then I'll stop posting on this thread and realize that a rational sports discussion is just not in your blood.

1. You are free to disagree with me or anyone else on this Board.  Most of the time, however, serious posters try to present facts to support their positions and they try to recognize the opposite side of the discussion even if they disagree with it.
    2. Where is this race comment coming from?   I am worried that you even bring it up.  Why????
    3. Hate.....because you so vehemently make your points as if there is no other point of view and Doc can't possibly be adding ANY value to the team.  WOW!!  That's just not balanced at all.
    4. Facts:  BBD played as a rookie the year the C's won the championship.  He played 69 games, averaged 13.6 min/game, 4.5 pts per game, grabbed 3.0 rebounds per game.  Then, the next year when Garnett was hurt - BBD played in 76 games, averaged 21 min/game, 7.0 points per game, 4.0 rebounds per game.  So, tell me how you conclude from those stats that Doc didn't play him in his rookie year, that he sat the bench only, and he only played once Garnett got hurt.  Looks to me very much like a rookie who got minutes, then had a natural progression to more minutes. His stats (3 boards to 4 boards and 4.5 points to 7.0 points) were not an astounding leap.  He just got steadily better - what you'd expect of a rookie.  So, that all happened because Garnett taught him to play?  His coach had no hand in this and the Coach ONLY played him once Garnett was down?  The stats (69 games and 14 mins as a rookie) just don't support your contention.
    5. You fail to look at any other player in Doc's years here.  What about Rondo?  What about Perk?  What about West?  What about Big Al?  did any of them benefit AT ALL when Doc played that team of kids + Paul?  Has Rondo been put in a system where he's an all star but we all know he can't shoot?  How does that happen?  Doesn't a coach get SOME credit for that?  
    6. The C's assistant coaches seem to get recruited in head coaching roles (Frank is the final of 2 candidates for the Detroit job).  Does Doc get any credit for selecting and using good assistant coaches, as well?

So, I'm not trying to argue he's the best coach in history.  I'm not even trying to get you to say he's the best coach in the league currently.  I'm not trying to get you to say he's a GREAT coach.  I'm just trying to get you to see the other side of the argument and admit that he's a plus to this team and has been a huge part of its success.   Like Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Danny, Rondo, the owners - Doc is a key part of a franchise that's now turned it around and is relevant again - vying for championships and bringing stability to a great franchise - as it should be.  Danny and Doc have made their mistakes.   There are lots of things I don't agree with when Doc coaches.  But, I have to give him credit for managing the team well enough to be contenders every year and doing a good job despite frustrating injuries each year (and despite picking up a bunch of bums on the bench this past year).  Danny and Doc have given us Celtics fans a lot to cheer for an reason to believe the franchise is going to have much better stability than the 20 years before they got here.

Give Doc at least SOME credit for that or present more than just unsupported one sided views of the situation, please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : OK, then.  Let's try one more time.  After this, if I can't get you to be rational and logical, then I'll stop posting on this thread and realize that a rational sports discussion is just not in your blood. 1. You are free to disagree with me or anyone else on this Board.  Most of the time, however, serious posters try to present facts to support their positions and they try to recognize the opposite side of the discussion even if they disagree with it. 2. Where is this race comment coming from?   I am worried that you even bring it up.  Why???? 3. Hate.....because you so vehemently make your points as if there is no other point of view and Doc can't possibly be adding ANY value to the team.  WOW!!  That's just not balanced at all. 4. Facts:  BBD played as a rookie the year the C's won the championship.  He played 69 games, averaged 13.6 min/game, 4.5 pts per game, grabbed 3.0 rebounds per game.  Then, the next year when Garnett was hurt - BBD played in 76 games, averaged 21 min/game, 7.0 points per game, 4.0 rebounds per game.  So, tell me how you conclude from those stats that Doc didn't play him in his rookie year, that he sat the bench only, and he only played once Garnett got hurt.  Looks to me very much like a rookie who got minutes, then had a natural progression to more minutes. His stats (3 boards to 4 boards and 4.5 points to 7.0 points) were not an astounding leap.  He just got steadily better - what you'd expect of a rookie.  So, that all happened because Garnett taught him to play?  His coach had no hand in this and the Coach ONLY played him once Garnett was down?  The stats (69 games and 14 mins as a rookie) just don't support your contention. 5. You fail to look at any other player in Doc's years here.  What about Rondo?  What about Perk?  What about West?  What about Big Al?  did any of them benefit AT ALL when Doc played that team of kids + Paul?  Has Rondo been put in a system where he's an all star but we all know he can't shoot?  How does that happen?  Doesn't a coach get SOME credit for that?   6. The C's assistant coaches seem to get recruited in head coaching roles (Frank is the final of 2 candidates for the Detroit job).  Does Doc get any credit for selecting and using good assistant coaches, as well? So, I'm not trying to argue he's the best coach in history.  I'm not even trying to get you to say he's the best coach in the league currently.  I'm not trying to get you to say he's a GREAT coach.  I'm just trying to get you to see the other side of the argument and admit that he's a plus to this team and has been a huge part of its success.   Like Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Danny, Rondo, the owners - Doc is a key part of a franchise that's now turned it around and is relevant again - vying for championships and bringing stability to a great franchise - as it should be.  Danny and Doc have made their mistakes.   There are lots of things I don't agree with when Doc coaches.  But, I have to give him credit for managing the team well enough to be contenders every year and doing a good job despite frustrating injuries each year (and despite picking up a bunch of bums on the bench this past year).  Danny and Doc have given us Celtics fans a lot to cheer for an reason to believe the franchise is going to have much better stability than the 20 years before they got here. Give Doc at least SOME credit for that or present more than just unsupported one sided views of the situation, please.

Your answers:

1. I've offered facts. Docs history and track record as a coach is fact. KG's resume as practicing hard and demanding the same of his teammates is already legendary, but not DOc. BBD played in 08 but most of his minutes came in garbage time. In case you forgot, the Celtics blew out many teams that first year. When the playoffs rolled around, BBD sat. He didn't even play in the finals I dont think until well into the series.

2. The race card came up because you already introduced the hate card. As if I was posting stuff like I hated Doc Rivers. You're the one bringing up ridiculous things, not me. You're not arguing the facts, you brought up how much I must hate Doc.

3. see #2

4. see #1

5. I've already gave Doc credit for Rondo previously. Apparently bring it up again as if I didn't makes some imaginery point? BBD, lets credit the players for what they can do. You want to credit the coach too, as in COllins should be credited for MJ and Fitch for Larry Bird?? Ok Ill play that game. Then why was BBD on the bench in the finals? Doc didnt recognize how much he could help. Rondo sat out a big chunk of the finals too. Does Doc get marked down for all the draft picks we've had that fizzled out? Oh, DOc only gets credit for the good ones, I see.

Perkins? Do you really want to associate Perkins development to Doc? LOL The guy has gone backwards since the title year. Thanks for making my point.

6. I never stated Doc shouldnt recieve any credit for anything. You're just embellishing now. Having a long term coach adds stability only if the team does well. How stabile is it if the Celts go 41-41 and dont make the playoffs but Doc is still coach />?

I dont mind a debate but Im not gonna just sit here and let you introduce hatred as my reason for disagreeing with you. Whether Im vehement in my debate and easy going, where does hate come into it?  Thats in your head.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

ok. I give up.  

Officially on ignore.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]ok. I give up.   Officially on ignore.

He's a lakers fan, man!  You can't have an intelligent conversation with him.

"Kendrick Perkins understands his role better than anyone in the league." - Jeff Van Gundy

That is ALL Doc..........now if he could just get lardarse feeling the same way.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : Your answers: 1. I've offered facts. Docs history and track record as a coach is fact. KG's resume as practicing hard and demanding the same of his teammates is already legendary, but not DOc. BBD played in 08 but most of his minutes came in garbage time. In case you forgot, the Celtics blew out many teams that first year. When the playoffs rolled around, BBD sat. He didn't even play in the finals I dont think until well into the series. 2. The race card came up because you already introduced the hate card. As if I was posting stuff like I hated Doc Rivers. You're the one bringing up ridiculous things, not me. You're not arguing the facts, you brought up how much I must hate Doc. 3. see #2 4. see #1 5. I've already gave Doc credit for Rondo previously. Apparently bring it up again as if I didn't makes some imaginery point? BBD, lets credit the players for what they can do. You want to credit the coach too, as in COllins should be credited for MJ and Fitch for Larry Bird?? Ok Ill play that game. Then why was BBD on the bench in the finals? Doc didnt recognize how much he could help. Rondo sat out a big chunk of the finals too. Does Doc get marked down for all the draft picks we've had that fizzled out? Oh, DOc only gets credit for the good ones, I see. Perkins? Do you really want to associate Perkins development to Doc? LOL The guy has gone backwards since the title year. Thanks for making my point. 6. I never stated Doc shouldnt recieve any credit for anything. You're just embellishing now. Having a long term coach adds stability only if the team does well. How stabile is it if the Celts go 41-41 and dont make the playoffs but Doc is still coach />? I dont mind a debate but Im not gonna just sit here and let you introduce hatred as my reason for disagreeing with you. Whether Im vehement in my debate and easy going, where does hate come into it?  Thats in your head.  

Poor argument.  Davis may not have played in the Finals, but two other rookies did - Rondo and Powe!  In the last 4 years, how many rookies did Phil Jackson play??????  THAT, in and of itself, does not make one a good coach.  This whole thread is about stability.  MANY free agents base their decision partially on who the coach will be.  Some free agents don't sign because the coaching situation is up in the air.  Won't happen now, because Doc is here for 5 more years.  THAT is the whole point.
    And I know you're a lakers fan, so.........Doc 1 ring - Mike Brown - 0
    And for those who enjoy moral victories - Doc 1-1 in the Finals, Brown 1-1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : He's a lakers fan, man!  You can't have an intelligent conversation with him. "Kendrick Perkins understands his role better than anyone in the league." - Jeff Van Gundy That is ALL Doc..........now if he could just get lardarse feeling the same way.....
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Man.  I had forgotten that.  Silly me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

[QUOTE]ok. I give up.   Officially on ignore.

Good for you.  I wont have to read anymore of your stupid responses to me and your phoney accusations. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Rivers Gives the Celtics Stability : Good for you.  I wont have to read anymore of your stupid responses to me and your phoney accusations. 

Like what, you're really a lakers fan?

Sections
Shortcuts