Doc Rivers is more than just X's and O's

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Doc Rivers is more than just X's and O's

Fierce for veteran players, they relate well to Rivers as he lets them be men but also has a respectful way of calling them out, then they pass it down in the locker room. 

One reason there is so much interest in Doc: aside from a few locations that sell themselves and have an inherent advantage recruiting players (Miami, NYC, LA, to a lesser extent Texas because of tax breaks), you need an appealing environment to play in. Players want to play for doc, and it helps a lot with recruitment to have a guy like that. They think they can win with him without it being a brutal boot camp. 

He's not a perfect coach but what you posted along with this is why many fans in this forum underestimate him...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If the Celtics lose Doc,  goodbye to relevance in the NBA for double the time it would have taken without him.

People on this board don't understand the Celtics don't have the players to succeed it is not the coach.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

No doubt if we lose doc, it will take twice as long to get to the promised land.

If we lose DA too, it will take four times as long to get there.

If we lose Rondo, well.... I shudder to think.

We're stuck ladies.

If we otp for change, we'll be skrewed, blued and tattooed.

I'm going to stick my lyin' neck out and vote.... (drumroll).... "flotus status queer quo."

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

No doubt if we lose doc, it will take twice as long to get to the promised land.

If we lose DA too, it will take four times as long to get there.

If we lose Rondo, well.... I shudder to think.

We're stuck ladies.

If we otp for change, we'll be skrewed, blued and tattooed.

I'm going to stick my lyin' neck out and vote.... (drumroll).... "flotus status queer quo."

Pud

LOL.  Yes, it looks like the imaginations are running over time and everything has been intertwined into one big mess.  Make one small move and the house comes tumbling dpwn.

I don't believe that things are this complicated and interdependent.  I sense that Danny has put everything out there and all this talk is amplifying the perception that he is seriously looking to deal.  But lately, he has been loathe to make a losing deal.  So I believe that status quo is the operative term.  I do believe that there will be one or two small moves.  But overall, the group is coming back.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts