Doc Rives is brain dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Doc Rives is brain dead

He does not know what a center is and he runs the most pathetic offensive sets I have ever seen and I am 70 years old and have watched and supported the Celtics for 55 years.  He did not have his team ready to play and they were not organized.  One of our two centers should have been on the court and sometime both should have been on the Court.  Some one should show Doc Rivers a offensive set that requires the ball and PLAYERS to move.  It is sad to watch the talent we have play STREET BALL.  I don't need to hear all the bull about how geat Doc is , I know he is a good coach, But at the moment he is brain dead.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: Doc Rives is brain dead

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Small ball, baby!

It is what Doc loves.

What is our plus and minus with Bass at center?

Kirk are you saying if Wilcox plays 20 minutes tonight the Celtics beat the Knicks?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:

Small ball, baby!

It is what Doc loves.

What is our plus and minus with Bass at center?

Kirk are you saying if Collins plays 20 minutes tonight the Celtics beat the Knicks?

Collins doesn't play for the Celtics.

Wilcox.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Bradley, Green, Pierce, Bass, and Wilcox.

Are you saying that lineup would have won the game tonight?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Come on guys, without Rondo, KG, Sully, Lee and Barbosa this team is just not really good. Wilcox and that China guys are no difference makers, they never have been and will never be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

I have never believed Doc was a good coach. He's always been more of a cheerleader, unlike Popovich, who focuses on specific technique during timeouts. And Doc rigidly brings on his young players way too slowly. Someone like Popovich would never permit his team to be close to last in the league in rebounding for 3 years running. And Doc always handles the veterans with kid gloves. The Celts should have been blown up 2 years ago. That's not hindsight. As fans, we love KG and PP, but their time has long passed. Pro sports is a business. With DA and Doc running this organization, it will be another 22 ywars before the Celts win another championship.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Is a very bad team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Come on guys, without Rondo, KG, Sully, Lee and Barbosa this team is just not really good. Wilcox and that China guys are no difference makers, they never have been and will never be.

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I thought I read another post not more than a day ago you said that Terry and Crawford should be starting.   You did say that didn't you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

take 4 starters off of any team in the league and see how they play.  Actually until KG has started to struggle and hurt,  we have been a pretty good team overall.  With him back and everyone back in their roles I expect them to still be a tough team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

I have never believed Doc was a good coach. He's always been more of a cheerleader, unlike Popovich, who focuses on specific technique during timeouts. And Doc rigidly brings on his young players way too slowly. Someone like Popovich would never permit his team to be close to last in the league in rebounding for 3 years running.

Everyone know that Pop is the best coach in the league, but he isn't available.

1)Which coach would you hire instead of Doc?

2) Have you checked the offensive rebounding numbers of the spurs lately. Their philosophie is close to ours!

It is as Kirk says: Doc is an idiot for not make the players crash the offensive boards, but Pop with a similiar strategy is the best coach in the league, ugh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

He does not know what a center is and he runs the most pathetic offensive sets I have ever seen and I am 70 years old and have watched and supported the Celtics for 55 years.  He did not have his team ready to play and they were not organized.  One of our two centers should have been on the court and sometime both should have been on the Court.  Some one should show Doc Rivers a offensive set that requires the ball and PLAYERS to move.  It is sad to watch the talent we have play STREET BALL.  I don't need to hear all the bull about how geat Doc is , I know he is a good coach, But at the moment he is brain dead.

It would be hard to say that since the C's don't actually have one right now. Also, I don't know what talent you're referring to. The talent level on this team is mediocre at best, particularly with Rondo and now KG out. It is what is, and the C's are what they are ... a fast-fading 7 seed. Red himself couldn't win with this group.

Hoping for a playoff revival like last year, but I'm not optimistic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

This team is teetering on not making the playoffs. For one, Crawford should not be starting for Terry. In addition Doc is going to HAVE TO PLAY Randolph and White more minutes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

This team is teetering on not making the playoffs. For one, Crawford should not be starting for Terry. In addition Doc is going to HAVE TO PLAY Randolph and White more minutes.

I don't think most here realize that we are going to lose the  majority of games coming up.  That is unless Garnett comes back.   I thought yesterday this was a ploy to get more rest for KG and take the seventh seed.  Right now I wonder, this team has hit the wall.  We are headed down.

We you have no big man starting on an already small team and have Bass as a starter to begin with, which puts you in Bobcats territory.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I thought I read another post not more than a day ago you said that Terry and Crawford should be starting.   You did say that didn't you?

Yeah. He said that about a day ago.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

This team is up 10 games on the 9th place team.

Explain how they are teetering on not making the playoffs?

Check the standings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

This team is up 10 games on the 9th place team.

Explain how they are teetering on not making the playoffs?

Check the standings.

Pierce turning into a turnover machine with another 6 last night. new bigs saw limited action. blame Doc for not coming up with a Garnett backup plan all season long. maybe the owners will wake up and fire both Doc and Danny at season's end. we have hit rock bottom. this team needs sweeping changes from the top or we go another 26 years before another title.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:

Are you saying that lineup would have won the game tonight?

Yes.

if you dbl the minutes/production  for wilcox last night and played him 18 min, he would still have 0 pts, 0rbs, 0 assts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I don't think most here realize that we are going to lose the  majority of games coming up.  That is unless Garnett comes back.   I thought yesterday this was a ploy to get more rest for KG and take the seventh seed.  Right now I wonder, this team has hit the wall.  We are headed down.

We you have no big man starting on an already small team and have Bass as a starter to begin with, which puts you in Bobcats territory.

Agree.  I posted this on another thread.  We have games against Atlanta, NY, Brooklyn, Miami and Indiana.  We could lose all of these games without KG.   I believe that we can win some of the remaining games without KG but not without a better team effort.  If the Celtics play like they did last night, they could inevitably only win a few more games for the remainder of the regular season. 

Sections
Shortcuts