Doc says "We are not going anywhere"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Re: Doc says

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

"We're not going anywhere"....

and this folks is why doc is NOT a GM.  he's a moron.  the team is DEVOID OF ANY POINT GUARD NOW, you have to at least do that and make a token effort to clean some of the doc-created rubble off the roster

Why would you expect the same people who made the mess to know how to go about cleaning it up?

DA may find us a PG that Doc will sit on the bench after 3 games ala Barbosa....  To clean up the constant mess we always seem to be in, start cleaning from the top down...

Say goodbye to Doc .. did you hear yesterdays strategy at the end of the game??? Doc strategized to the team during a timeout in the final seconds... he said we need a stop and a rebound!! Great strategy Doc...

Next game he may tell the guys we need to score more points than the other team

Have to say this. Have you ever coached before? Have you ever heard other coaches in the same situations and what they say? Do you know what was said before that 8-10 second sound-bite?More importantly, do you know how very precious little of what you tell them some players can process during an end-of-game timeout? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Uh for everyone writing us off they need to remember we've beaten NY and Miami WITHOUT Rondo.

Yes I know it's not the playoffs but if anything in the playoffs games slowdown to halfcourt games and this team is built more for halfcourt.

So I'm saying we have a chance. Now teams have to focus on 5 guys instead of 1 guy dominating the ball.

This could be a blessing in disguise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

This is called leadership,...What is he supposed to do, sit in the corner and suck his thumb??

He still has a team to work with, and they just beat the big bad Miami...

For All we know Rondo was on the block too.

At the same time, its time for everybody to step it up another notch. We are really going to find out how bad these guys want it. I really am curious to see what Kg and Pierce react.  As the leaders, I know they will perservere and play with a new found passion.

All this means, is that no one is guaranteed anything..period. That's why he has been preacheing to these fellows (Bass, Rondo, Green), that you have to make the most of it while you can. Green and Wilcox shoudl really understand this more than most.

Titles are not easy to come by, and its easy for these guys to take things for granted. They make millions and women are throwing themsleves at them  every single day.Now, its Rondo's turn. I pray for this young man, that he will learn what an absolute gift he has been given.This is an opportunity for hims to humble and  grow as a person and decide what kind of leader he wants to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Do not under estimate the Brazilian Blur!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mehl89qifZY

I love how he continuously attacks the basket!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I like Barbosa too and he adds the same speed as Rondo but with a better shot. THe problem I have with Barbosa is sometimes he gets himself jammed up trying to create a shot when there isn't a shot there. I guess that's the mentality of a scorer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

He is only 30-years old with plenty of miles left on those tires!

Last year in the playoffs!

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2012/05/08/0041100125_orl_ind_play2.nba/index.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I like Barbosa too and he adds the same speed as Rondo but with a better shot. THe problem I have with Barbosa is sometimes he gets himself jammed up trying to create a shot when there isn't a shot there. I guess that's the mentality of a scorer.

I like his drives to the basket. Refreshing for this team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Uh for everyone writing us off they need to remember we've beaten NY and Miami WITHOUT Rondo.

Yes I know it's not the playoffs but if anything in the playoffs games slowdown to halfcourt games and this team is built more for halfcourt.

So I'm saying we have a chance. Now teams have to focus on 5 guys instead of 1 guy dominating the ball.

This could be a blessing in disguise.

Add me to the "don't blow it up nor give up" category.  I remember all too well what its like to have a team that's the doormat of the League challenging the record for consecutive losses. 

Instead of trying to go to the bottom of the League and get a lottery pick, I saw play with the team we have, let KG and Pierce retire when their time comes, and get a big name free agent in a future year.   That plan has as much success (and is shorter) than getting a great draft choice and then waiting for that kid to develop.  Heck Lebron was in Cleveland for 7 years without a title so how long did Cleveland stay at the bottom and then when they got LUCKY enough to get Lebron, they STILL did not get a title.  Want to bet that New Orleans, with Davis and Rivers, will be a LONG time before challenging for a championship, if ever.  Heck, they might lose Davis to Free Agency and then blowing it up was all for NOTHING!

Our team is not a bad team and we should hang in there.  If we don't win a championship, at least maintain our ability to be a team that makes the playoffs and challenges.  We are then attractive to the free agents who think they can come to Boston and help take a good team and get it over the hump to become a great team.

In the meantime, we get to watch a good team.....rather than a team that has 30 wins and 52 losses or some such record!

I'm proudly a Celtic fan forever who believes Doc and Danny will fight to be winners and not give up.

Sections
Shortcuts