Doc should be STRETCHING OUT the rotation, not shortening it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Doc should be STRETCHING OUT the rotation, not shortening it.

The one problem i have had with Doc as head coach is his lineup decisions. he loves his vets, and i understand why, but it causes him to not see that there are other players on this team that can contribute.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Doc should be STRETCHING OUT the rotation, not shortening it.

if it were up to me, i would be FORCING myself to play the bench. nobody on the big 3 needs to go over 30-32 minutes a night, unless its a big game. even Rondo at 26yrs old doesnt need the excessive minutes. 

Rondo- 30-34  AB - 10-15 ( avery is too disruptive defensively to be playing 7 minutes a game, his offense is also coming along)

Ray - 30  MP - 15 AB - 2-3 (MP gets a good amount of minutes, but play AB here at times with Rondo to disrupt the opposing sg)

PP - 30-32   Sasha - 10  MP 5-8 ( everytime sasha has gotten on the court of late, he has showed something. he needs to play, looks to slowly be reverting back to cleveland sasha) 

the 4 and 5 positions are harder to dictate bc we are going to sign one or two more big men, i would have to see who we get to decide how many minutes to play them, but i like what Doc has done with Kevins minutes so far. he has stayeed fairly consistent.

look, i understand our bench isnt great, but we need them to be something for us. our big 3 is too old to carry us night after night, they play too many minutes and we will get burnt out before the playoffs. especially on nights like last night? Doc needs to take the Popavich approach and throw in the towel, save legs. they arent 28 yrs old anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

doc and tito are soul mates

overated

doc however does not use the bench wisely nor does he give the rooks a chance

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should be STRETCHING OUT the rotation, not shortening it.:
    if it were up to me, i would be FORCING myself to play the bench. nobody on the big 3 needs to go over 30-32 minutes a night, unless its a big game. even Rondo at 26yrs old doesnt need the excessive minutes.  Rondo- 30-34  AB - 10-15 ( avery is too disruptive defensively to be playing 7 minutes a game, his offense is also coming along) Ray - 30  MP - 15 AB - 2-3 (MP gets a good amount of minutes, but play AB here at times with Rondo to disrupt the opposing sg) PP - 30-32   Sasha - 10  MP 5-8 ( everytime sasha has gotten on the court of late, he has showed something. he needs to play, looks to slowly be reverting back to cleveland sasha)  the 4 and 5 positions are harder to dictate bc we are going to sign one or two more big men, i would have to see who we get to decide how many minutes to play them, but i like what Doc has done with Kevins minutes so far. he has stayeed fairly consistent. look, i understand our bench isnt great, but we need them to be something for us. our big 3 is too old to carry us night after night, they play too many minutes and we will get burnt out before the playoffs. especially on nights like last night? Doc needs to take the Popavich approach and throw in the towel, save legs. they arent 28 yrs old anymore.
    Posted by JamezHill24

He has no choice but to do that tonight. I think the boys were out on the town in SF after they realized nobody's going anywhere. We'll see a different focus tonight.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should be STRETCHING OUT the rotation, not shortening it.:
    if it were up to me, i would be FORCING myself to play the bench. nobody on the big 3 needs to go over 30-32 minutes a night, unless its a big game. even Rondo at 26yrs old doesnt need the excessive minutes.  Rondo- 30-34  AB - 10-15 ( avery is too disruptive defensively to be playing 7 minutes a game, his offense is also coming along) Ray - 30  MP - 15 AB - 2-3 (MP gets a good amount of minutes, but play AB here at times with Rondo to disrupt the opposing sg) PP - 30-32   Sasha - 10  MP 5-8 ( everytime sasha has gotten on the court of late, he has showed something. he needs to play, looks to slowly be reverting back to cleveland sasha)  the 4 and 5 positions are harder to dictate bc we are going to sign one or two more big men, i would have to see who we get to decide how many minutes to play them, but i like what Doc has done with Kevins minutes so far. he has stayeed fairly consistent. look, i understand our bench isnt great, but we need them to be something for us. our big 3 is too old to carry us night after night, they play too many minutes and we will get burnt out before the playoffs. especially on nights like last night? Doc needs to take the Popavich approach and throw in the towel, save legs. they arent 28 yrs old anymore.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I couldn't agree more. What is with Doc?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Couldn't agree more.
    And while we're on the subject:
    Doc doesn't hold a lot of practices so he can rest the legs of the Big 3.
    Well, that's all well and good, but why doesn't he sit them and practice the s*** out of the young players so they can learn the system and he won't be so damn hesitant about putting them in the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should be STRETCHING OUT the rotation, not shortening it. : He has no choice but to do that tonight. I think the boys were out on the town in SF after they realized nobody's going anywhere. We'll see a different focus tonight.
    Posted by upperco1

I didn't see a different focus that you describe.  Doc and Danny have conned you Cs Fans once again  Another year another con job!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

under normal circumstances I think Doc takes the right approach with the rooks...but given the set up of this season...condensed schedule, zero practice time...if JJJ isn't in the weightroom what else can he do to prepare for the NBA game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

doc and tito are soul mates overated doc however does not use the bench wisely nor does he give the rooks a chance
    Posted by dbeach48

Agree that Doc should be playing his entire bench for the remainder of the regular season.  With all of the back to back games and the grueling schedule they have it makes sense to rest the starters and play them for limited minutes.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should be STRETCHING OUT the rotation, not shortening it. : Last year Doc was also criticized for not playing Avery Bradley. Can't say that Doc doesn't play Bradley this year.
    Posted by Fiercest34

like I said...under normal circumstances...Bradley got practice time..JJJ doesn't...not sure we can expect the growth we would hope to see...or have seen in Bradley.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rich4celts. Show rich4celts's posts

Agree.... Agree.....Young players make mistakes. We are going no where is year. Doc has a problem. We should be playing all the rookies 20 minutes a game to see if they really have game. Wake up Doc.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should be STRETCHING OUT the rotation, not shortening it. : Doesn't matter, JJJ is a good player. He just needs experience.  When Bass and Wilcox were out last month JJJ got a lot of playing time. The problem is he keeps making mistakes. That's why there was that incident that Doc was yelling at JJJ during a timeout.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Why is it other teams use their young players?  You have to do it and accept the screw ups.  What is different when Ray keeps allowing his man to torch over and over play after play night after night?  The starters have had more than their share of breakdowns.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should be STRETCHING OUT the rotation, not shortening it. : We all saw Doc yelling at JJJ during a timeout. Rookies make a lot of mistakes. That's why Doc doesn't play them.  Avery Bradley didn't get to play last year. But this year he's playing a lot. So it's not true Doc doesn't play the young guys.
    Posted by Fiercest34

it IS true he doesnt play the young guys. Doc has said E'twaun is the second best shooter on the team..yet he cant find a spot in the rotation for even 4-5 minutes?? he came on the scene...won us a game in NY, then randomly dissappeared. JJJ makes mistakes..so what? didnt Rondo make his fair share of mistakes when he was a young rookie? was Kevin Garnett perfect when he entered the league? you get better and learn from your mistakes..hes GOTTA start to understand that.

even Avery isnt playing as much as he should.

Sections
Shortcuts