Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either

I know this won't sit well with my other Celtic fans, but hear me out. Rondo cost his team, albeit remote, to win or pull out game one by getting tossed. Now he is costing them an equal chance at winning game 2.

If he is to be this team's leader then he needs to learn a lesson. Early this year he tossed a ball at an official. And now he bumps a ref. He is as bad as Bynum(temper wise). He needs to learn to control those emotions(6yrs in now). And I think sitting him might help. It can't always be about winning, otherwise, he will never learn and will continue to cost this team in the future. Plus I also think they can win a game or 2 without him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either

In Response to Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either:
    I know this won't sit well with my other Celtic fans, but hear me out. Rondo cost his team, albeit remote, to win or pull out game one by getting tossed. Now he is costing them an equal chance at winning game 2. If he is to be this team's leader then he needs to learn a lesson. Early this year he tossed a ball at an official. And now he bumps a ref. He is as bad as Bynum(temper wise). He needs to learn to control those emotions(6yrs in now). And I think sitting him might help. It can't always be about winning, otherwise, he will never learn and will continue to cost this team in the future. Plus I also think they can win a game or 2 without him.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Too late to try discipline. Waaay too late.

Doc has already come out supporting R9R's story that the bump was unintentional.

Hopefully management has plans to remedy this problem in the off season.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Crazy talk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either:
    In Response to Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either : Too late to try discipline. Waaay too late. Doc has already come out supporting R9R's story that the bump was unintentional. Hopefully management has plans to remedy this problem in the off season. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I guess so Pud. I hope they win without Rondo in the lineup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

I know this won't sit well with my other Celtic fans, but hear me out. Rondo cost his team, albeit remote, to win or pull out game one by getting tossed. Now he is costing them an equal chance at winning game 2. If he is to be this team's leader then he needs to learn a lesson. Early this year he tossed a ball at an official. And now he bumps a ref. He is as bad as Bynum(temper wise). He needs to learn to control those emotions(6yrs in now). And I think sitting him might help. It can't always be about winning, otherwise, he will never learn and will continue to cost this team in the future. Plus I also think they can win a game or 2 without him.
    Posted by antiqueman1

umm for 1. the only reason we were in that game was bc of Rondo playing great and 2. were you clamoring to sit Kevin Garnett back in 2010 wen he was suspended for throwing an elbow? or how about in 05 with Pierce?

the playoffs arent the time for "lessons", basically what your saying is youd rather have doc teach rondo a lesson then have us win the series.

ok.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

btw, saying he is as bad as Bynum temper wise is RIDICULOUSLY stupid. its not even a comparison.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

wackiest post of 2012 to date. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

yea. dont play him. it is just about the right time to discipline a star player who dictates most of the team's offense. IT'S JUST THE PLAYOFFS, anyways.

geez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I knew it would draw some of you out of the weeds. It also seems some of you can't handle an opinion or idea without attacking. Ok. Fine. Let him keep going the way he wants. Rondo can hurt the team as much as he helps the team. At some point, it will cost the C's more than a game. But hey, who cares right. He is the leader. The show runner. Whatever he wants to do is fine by you all.

I guess some of you did not think he bumped the official either.

As stated, I hope they win inspite of Rondo's absence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wouldn't sit Rondo for game 3, not at all. We have to try to advance. 

However, Rondo cost us a chance of winning game 1 for his lack of control at the most crucial time of the game. Now he's gone for game 2. It's one thing to play poorly and cost your team but lack of self control, especially during clutch time is almost unforgiveable.

This sticks hard because Rondo has a history of tantrums etc. Doc doesnt help matters by always coddling the kid, almost afraid to upset him it seems. Theres been very long stretches over the seasons where Rondo has taken games off, disinterested and lazy with no retribution playing time wise. Doc is always there to wipe his nose.  Good luck trying to turn the ship now.

Rondo can play great but...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

well THAT would be pretty stupid to do.

even IF Rondo is the second coming of World elbow peace-not......this is the NBA (not high-school).

IF Ainge and managment think Rondo is some type of "bad seed" they would right to trade him this off-season (in that case doing a complete tear down of the team would make sense).

but you don't sit perhaps your BEST player in a playoff game, to give him a 'time out".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Some here give R9R a PASS because w/o him we don't get to the PO's.

Reminds me of the group medical practice that wanted to fire Dr. Kervorkian.

Sure Dr. K might have his quirks... but w/o him, this group practice struggles to distinguish itself from the competition.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Does anybody else not care that Rondo is out for Game 2. Im looking forward to Bradley running the show. Rondo OVERRATED and innefective when team back off him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I wouldn't sit Rondo for game 3, not at all. We have to try to advance.  However, Rondo cost us a chance of winning game 1 for his lack of control at the most crucial time of the game. Now he's gone for game 2. It's one thing to play poorly and cost your team but lack of self control, especially during clutch time is almost unforgiveable. This sticks hard because Rondo has a history of tantrums etc. Doc doesnt help matters by always coddling the kid, almost afraid to upset him it seems. Theres been very long stretches over the seasons where Rondo has taken games off, disinterested and lazy with no retribution playing time wise. Doc is always there to wipe his nose.  Good luck trying to turn the ship now. Rondo can play great but...
    Posted by Karllost

....  any discipline is left up to the league.

At least Bynum/MWP go after other players and risk physical retaliation.

R9R goes after refs.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Some here give R9R a PASS because w/o him we don't get to the PO's. Reminds me of the group medical practice that wanted to fire Dr. Kervorkian. Sure Dr. K might have his quirks... but w/o him, this group practice struggles to distinguish itself from the competition. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Great Comparison.  Rondo-Kevorkian.  As always you don't seem over the top at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

Posted by antiqueman1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

Posted by antiqueman1

AND YOUR AN IDIOT WHO THE HELL ARE YOU

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Antiq,
    I think it's a great idea to sit RR. And while at it, Doc should sit KG, BB and PP: they all played horribly in the 1st game. He needs to teach them a lesson. Screw the playoffs, who cares - the main thing is to teach a player a lesson.

AK

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I wouldn't sit Rondo for game 3, not at all. We have to try to advance.  However, Rondo cost us a chance of winning game 1 for his lack of control at the most crucial time of the game. Now he's gone for game 2. It's one thing to play poorly and cost your team but lack of self control, especially during clutch time is almost unforgiveable. This sticks hard because Rondo has a history of tantrums etc. Doc doesnt help matters by always coddling the kid, almost afraid to upset him it seems. Theres been very long stretches over the seasons where Rondo has taken games off, disinterested and lazy with no retribution playing time wise. Doc is always there to wipe his nose.  Good luck trying to turn the ship now. Rondo can play great but...
    Posted by Karllost

Good points Karllost. Thought out and well put. I just think playing him in game 3 is almost rewarding the behavior. I get they have less of a chance at winning with him out(some readers think I don't). And you are so right.  He has taken off long stretches for sure. I remember when they traded Perk, he left the buidling as well. Could not agree more with your assessment of Doc. Stop coddling. He can play great, but he is immature and inconsistent and costly to the team when he acts like he did and checks out during the season. Tough love perhaps is needed.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either : Good points Karllost. Thought out and well put. I just think playing him in game 3 is almost rewarding the behavior. I get they have less of a chance at winning with him out(some readers think I don't). And you are so right.  He has taken off long stretches for sure. I remember when they traded Perk, he left the buidling as well. Could not agree more with your assessment of Doc. Stop coddling. He can play great, but he is immature and inconsistent and costly to the team when he acts like he did and checks out during the season. Tough love perhaps is needed.....
    Posted by antiqueman1

whether you feel this way or not there is absolutely no chance that Rivers would hold Rondo out of another game.  No chance at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either : AND YOUR AN IDIOT WHO THE HELL ARE YOU
    Posted by TPETTEWAY1

Tp, you lack class. Why are you even commenting?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either : whether you feel this way or not there is absolutely no chance that Rivers would hold Rondo out of another game.  No chance at all.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Oh I know snake, but so many posters only care about winning at any cost.  It seems many are defending Rondo's actions, which he was clearly in the wrong. He cost them a outside shot at pulling off a game one comeback victory. And now he is costing them another good chance at winning game 2. I think they should win this game tonight against the Hawks without Rondo. The C's are the better team. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

How about no? The Celtics are old and Rondo is one of the few Celtics that has enough energy to get through an entire game. Can the Celtics win a couple of game without Rondo? Can they win four without him? Probably not. This is the playoff. If you punish Rondo during the series, you're punishing the entire team.

And no, the C's are not a better team without Rondo. Let's see how long Pierce can last running the ball while creating shot at his age. He'll probably be ineffective defensive wise if he had to do all that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Posted by antiqueman1

I hear ya....but this is the playoffs and giving lessons at this time makes no sense. Rondo is highly instrumental in the Cs getting banner 18....look at it this way, at least from Game 3 to getting banner 18, Rondo won't be a problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either : Oh I know snake, but so many posters only care about winning at any cost.  It seems many are defending Rondo's actions, which he was clearly in the wrong. He cost them a outside shot at pulling off a game one comeback victory. And now he is costing them another good chance at winning game 2. I think they should win this game tonight against the Hawks without Rondo. The C's are the better team. 
    Posted by antiqueman1

i dont see many people defending Rondo's actions, i just see ppl understanding that it happened, we get over it and look forward to the next game.

again, i didnt see this level of criticism when KG elbowed his way out of a game in 2010. why?

Rondo is a firecracker, plays with an extreme edge. that ref HAD made two horrendous calls back to back and Rondo blew. do i condone it? of course not. but Rondo wins us many, MANY more games than he costs us. 

if Rondo comes back and has ridiculous games the rest of this series to LEAD the c's over the hawks, will people REALLY still wanna talk about the ejection?

MOVE ON.

Sections
Shortcuts