Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either

In Response to Re: Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either:
    How about no? The Celtics are old and Rondo is one of the few Celtics that has enough energy to get through an entire game. Can the Celtics win a couple of game without Rondo? Can they win four without him? Probably not. This is the playoff. If you punish Rondo during the series, you're punishing the entire team. And no, the C's are not a better team without Rondo. Let's see how long Pierce can last running the ball while creating shot at his age. He'll probably be ineffective defensive wise if he had to do all that.
    Posted by DarkFenX89

Don't you think Rondo's poor actions are punishing the team? Now they have to work extra hard, play the older players longer, just to try and scrape out a win. Rondo has hurt his team, not me suggesting they sit him. And I never said they C's are a better team without Rondo. I said they can win tonight without Rondo because they are the better team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either : Too late to try discipline. Waaay too late. Doc has already come out supporting R9R's story that the bump was unintentional. Hopefully management has plans to remedy this problem in the off season. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

yes, it is too late.  the time for "discipline" was long ago.  after the rookie year, danny messed up saying "he is the starter of our future" and then never bothered to insist that rondo, who could do anything that he wants to do aside from maybe shooting 3's at a good %age rate, JUST BECOME A DECENT ENOUGH FREE THROW SHOOTER- which does NOT require that you be a "GREAT SHOOTER".  remember cedric maxwell?  he was no great shooter but shot freebies @ 80%.

any of the "great" PG's who came into the league weak at the FT%, they ALL imrpoved it to over 70% by year 2 or 3 and never looked back.  they did not operate as liabilities for their teams past the first year. 

rondo is still in the high 50% to low 60%, in shaq-ville for FT%.  but he's never had to change, so why bother?

beyond that he's developed a mercurial personality, with a tendency toward doing things physical to refs, be it bumping or throwing balls = not classy.  there are other ways to do things w/o squandering your credibility with refs and costing your team games via suspension.

the celts fans might as well face the fact that we have a rod strickland type of character running the floor for us- only rod could shoot free throws ok.  and rod was totally unpleasant and utterly self focused.  rondo is perhaps 20% "better" or "nicer" than the strickland type head case personality.

the celts let it creep in, let the lousy FT and basic outside shot performance linger and now you have what is called an IMPAIRED ASSET as far as value and functionality.  and i don't care if he can break assist records or get a triple double.  if you're so obsessed with self righteousness that you can't control yourself then what good are you?

this team is old and doesn't need extra tasks.  granted bass and the lousy performance of the bench except for steismena BLEW the game for us but you don't compound the mistake by having a physical episode as a ref.

had DUMBO RONDO not already hucked the rock at refs 2 or 3 times in his career then they MIGHT have given a mulligan and listened to the "tripped" argument.  but, no, that credibility was lost a long time ago, wasn't it.

and they say this guy is the "smartest" player in the league, yet continues to do sub mental things like be a horrendous FT shooter and be combative with refs........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either : i dont see many people defending Rondo's actions, i just see ppl understanding that it happened, we get over it and look forward to the next game. again, i didnt see this level of criticism when KG elbowed his way out of a game in 2010. why?  Rondo is a firecracker, plays with an extreme edge. that ref HAD made two horrendous calls back to back and Rondo blew. do i condone it? of course not. but Rondo wins us many, MANY more games than he costs us.  if Rondo comes back and has ridiculous games the rest of this series to LEAD the c's over the hawks, will people REALLY still wanna talk about the ejection? MOVE ON.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I have no problem moving on. We shall see what type of impact it will cause the C's. Well I surely hope he does not come back and check out like he did when Perk was traded. Now, he has something extra to prove to his fellow teammates. We shall see what he is made of in game 3. I still say Cs win tonight without Rondo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Doc should not play RONDO is game 3 either : I hear ya....but this is the playoffs and giving lessons at this time makes no sense. Rondo is highly instrumental in the Cs getting banner 18....look at it this way, at least from Game 3 to getting banner 18, Rondo won't be a problem.
    Posted by walk2run

you're right, he's in mint condition.  his 59% free throws (2nd lowest of career) and and 44.8% Field goals (2nd lowest of his career) are going to work great for us. 

He has clearly put all of his "scoring" demons behind him and the notion that "you don't have to score" to be a functional playoff point guard that does not cause a "sag down" liability on the other productive offensive players is passe.  David Stern said so- he even issued a fatwah about it.

And further to that, since KG, Pierce are a year older, it won't have any more of an adverse effect on their durability when the sag down / play off of rondo comes, in fact, in their "nba elder" wisdom, they will LOVE to see rondo's man coming to hassle them and clog the lane, making high posts, low posts, running cuts and routes all that more difficult.  They are going to thrive in these sorts of conditions.

Sections
Shortcuts