Doc should start Semih

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Re: Doc should start Semih

I'd say it would be worth a shot to get Shaq a little more rest.  You never really know how guys are going to respond to that sort of situation.  If he's the healthiest and most reliable - at what 24 years old - maybe he has it in him, but he's also playing inured so - who knows if his shoulder will make it the whole season.  He's scheduled for surgers as soon as the season is over.  Torn Labrum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Agree. Semih should be the starter until Perk is back to 100%.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i remember semi's first starting gig with the celtics. it was awful. but his 2nd starting gig he improved a lot. then he got the flu. give him some minutes, what does it hurt? none at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I agree, Doc should start Semih. He is definetly an upgrade over J Oneal and he does have some upside. He can definetly add some bulk in the offseason after his shoulder surgery.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Yes start Semih. He is so much fun to watch. Can score, rebound and block. He is no worse than SO or JO anyways. JO is injury prone. You never know what Shaq delivers at a given night. Shaq is slow and plays inconsistent offense. Does Shaq play defense? Yes sometimes. I don't like his silly fouls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I also like luke taking some of baby's minutes for the same reason.  HE can't play more than 28min a game without wearing out.  Just tell luke he doesnt' have to shoot EVERY time he's open.  That dude has one UGLY shot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

No  way would I start Semi over Shaq.

I know lots of fans have fallen in love with Semi cause hes that kinda player, well, almost like a Henry Finkle used to be just not quite that category.

Think of it like this. Whenever Semi makes a good play, the crowd goes nuts. You know why that is? Cause its unexpected from him. Hes the underdog we all root for. But the truth is, hes really not very good. As a starter, we will have big probelms over the long haul.

Semi is a very poor defender, gives weak fouls and either looks smooth or completely uncoordinated offensively.. HEs out of position often too. 

Shaq is much better, by a mile. Yea, hes slow, cant move too well and lately cant handle passes or make bunnies around the bucket. COuld be hes tired, hi calf still messed up or his game not that good w/o KG & Rondo on the floor with him. Whatever the issue, Shaq is still 10x better than Semi & Shaqs effectiveness would fall far down is he was stuck playing with the 2nd unit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i think it cant hurt to start him untill perks healthy. i say this bc i think shaq is going to be on the bench this second half of the yr neway, he will be with the second team. so you might as well get him as coordinated with the second team as possible for the next month untill perk is back playing well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Semih might also be injured right now.  He's being listed as questionable with a groin injury.  Just caught this.

Sections
Shortcuts