Doc, stop complaining!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc, stop complaining!!

I dont know... the Celts just lost to the Hornets.. Im reading all the articles, all the quotes from the players, coach etc..

I know DOc called the Celtics "soft" in NY... last night he called them "selfish"

He sat on the bench with his hand over his mouth watching his team do things that shocked him.

Then I checked the boxscore and saw Rondo played 39 minutes (10pts, 5 dimes, 5 TO's).... Ray 38 mins (2-9FG) , the other 2 over 30....  and I wondered how Doc could complain....

DOc is watching all this, he knows they are not doing their jobs...its been going on for a while and Docs Solution is to sit on the bench and cover his mouth with his hand???

Now Doc has his style of coaching... maybe hes not gonna do what Popovich did, call a time out a few minutes in and replace the entire starting unit... 

but Doc cant complain when hes allowing it to happen all game, for many games and does nothing about it...  Doc may say things in the huddle, in practice but apparently hes unwilling to sit a starter that continues to not do his job..

DOc has nobody to complain to but himself.. he should stop moaning to the media about the teams problems until he exhausts all his options as a coach... then he can throw his arms up in the air and say he doesnt know what else to do.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Doc, stop complaining!!

this reminds me of '84....one of the best squads the team ever had.....they revolted against Fitch (who was later fired) and were swept 4-0 by the Bucks...it was stunning and it was the fault of the players (who admitted it later)...they hated Fitch and just tuned him out....selfishness lost a possible title...now I think they are doing the same thing because of the trade (I just read that the players were highly critical of Danny's moves)....so will another squad bite off their nose to spite their face.....? I sure hope not but this team has given away home court because they are not happy....hey, Perk was not going to resign...because we were not going to grossly overpay him...personally I love Green in there....and Nenad plays better overall basketball....I think the team now has better talent....but games are won and lost due to attitude....right now our attitude stinks...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

These are great posts.

I can't figure out what's been happening the last several weeks but after the Doc press conference and this thread... I think I am convinced that there is a mutiny going on here. 

If KG, Pierce, and Ray want to throw away their last legit chance at a title because they're mad about the Perk trade... they are fools and will regret it when they look back on their careers a few years from now.

As for Rondo, he's done as an elite player.  Can anyone say Stephon Marbury?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: Doc, stop complaining!!:
    this reminds me of '84....one of the best squads the team ever had.....they revolted against Fitch (who was later fired) and were swept 4-0 by the Bucks...it was stunning and it was the fault of the players (who admitted it later)...they hated Fitch and just tuned him out....selfishness lost a possible title...now I think they are doing the same thing because of the trade (I just read that the players were highly critical of Danny's moves)....so will another squad bite off their nose to spite their face.....? I sure hope not but this team has given away home court because they are not happy....hey, Perk was not going to resign...because we were not going to grossly overpay him...personally I love Green in there....and Nenad plays better overall basketball....I think the team now has better talent....but games are won and lost due to attitude....right now our attitude stinks...
    Posted by Duke4

Spot on about the players turning on Danny...I just wonder about the coach. Fish usually rots from the head. Doc came back to take another run with the the Big 3, Rondo and Perk and Danny pulled that out from under him; with good reason, but still, he did. Complex emotions for all; these are athletes, not statesment or humanitarians but Doc is the closest thing the Celts have to the latter, so I hope he somehow can stabalize this ship.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from larguet. Show larguet's posts

he tried diferent combination of players together, the best one was on the third quarter, i thought they were fantastic and still don't understand why he had to change that to put the butter fingered stars who do not do much lately.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy. Show celticsboy's posts

Looks like it's that time of year again when... "Fire Ainge, fire Doc, get a new captain, this ship is sinking." Re: Doc and coaching staff is the main problem.... posted at 4/10/2010 11:16 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406 " /> kyceltic Posts: 1673 First: 2/12/2006 Last: 3/25/2011  Fire Ainge, fire Doc, get a new captain, this ship is sinking.
    Posted by Fiercest34

G...how many IDs is that now P34, Firece34 and now Fiercest34....same idiot with the one liners mocking and taunting others but with no real sound argument, lol. pathetic fraud hypocrite user, the same one that stated that he would stop posting if Kendrick Perkins gets traded but still here posting at 200 mph. Leave already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

seems to me doc should be complaining, no?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

At least with Shaq in the middle, Doc's team has never lost a series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Calm down folk's there isn't any conspiracy going on, they're just going through a rough patch right now. The question is will they be able to turn it on for the remainder of the season and into the play-offs. As much as I hate to say it, we need to get the O'neals in uniforms and on the court. Not for any other reason  then the psychological effect on Pierce and Garnett.

Trading 1 player (Perkins) who barely played this year can't be the issue. Their record was better with O'neal as the starter than with Perk.

Doc needs to find away to fix the ship with what he has to work with. Doc's system doesn't work for all types of players, so he needs to adjust his system instead of the new players having to adjust to him. The perfect example is Krstic, who was playing better before he new Doc's system. The same goes for Murphy he is not the most athletic player but could play a role if we utilize his abilities the right way. So as much as Doc wants to put this on the starters he needs to do his job and adjust to what he has to work with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

It's starting to look like Doc rivers isn't really that good managing egos.

Rajon Rondo is destroying the entire team, one single freaking punk not wanting to give it all. They should kick his butt out of the rotation and bench him even if we keep losing more games. At the very least that way we will see them playing with heart!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

These guys are tanking right now and playing terrible basketball. When I left in the fourth they were well up and in control. You dont lose to a team like Charlotte without something being wrong.

Were either watching our team get really old fast or watching a bunch of professionals tank. 

Something needs to change. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Duke just a reminder the Celtics got bumped out of the playoffs in 83. We won the championship against the Lakers in 84.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

???????????????????????

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

These guys are tanking right now and playing terrible basketball. When I left in the fourth they were well up and in control. You dont lose to a team like Charlotte without something being wrong. Were either watching our team get really old fast or watching a bunch of professionals tank.  Something needs to change. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

It has been very disappointing to watch this team lately.  They should have won last night and somehow managed to lose the game.  Similar to the loss to Memphis.  They should have won both of these games instead of losing.  They still have to play a couple of back to back games which will be very difficult to win.  I wouldn't imagine that they will win all of these games.  I just hope that they win some of these games.  They worked so hard the entire season to remain the 1st seed and with the recent losses will probably end up the 3rd seed.  I actually was happy with Doc's comments.  He called them selfish and I don't see anything wrong with this. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I just cant figure watching this mess take place on the floor and at least not sitting down some of the players in the middle of it.

If someones going 1/2 speed, not setting picks, killin the clock dribblin, etc, etc... eventually you say something, use innuendo.. point it out in practice, have a chat....etc etc... then if it continues, dont sit there on your chair moping... take the player out... explain it to him later.

Thats what bothered me about Sheed last season... he loafed all season long... a foul line to foul line jogger... chuck up a 3...  The fact we got to game 7 in the finals kinda makes all that stuff disappear...

but Doc allowed it to continue all season... maybe hes just figuring these guys need their space and hoping they perform another once-in-a-lifetime burst through the playoffs like last year... it might happen, odds against I think... but certainly not a strategy that seems very stable or responsible

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I don't think it's Doc's style to call out individuals.  Doc calls out the team. His system is Ubuntu.  He plays to that.   He treates his players as adults and expects them to self-motivate.
    If the Celtics do turn their style of play around to the type of play they've been known for the last few years, I think they better have a "players only meeting", no coaches allowed, and as individuals, put everything on the table and hash things out, because if they're not all on the same  page when they start facing Chicago, Miami, and whoever else you want to name, it'll be over before they know it.
    Nobody wants a bad exit for this core group of aging vets.  Injuries have been their nemesis all along and remain so.  Nobody will fault them for that. 
    But giving up on themselves, their teamates, and the core values that have made them an elite team.
    That will leave a bad taste in everyones mouth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

It is obvious that this team's chemistry tanked after the trades. For all  the faults that Perkins had, the other guys loved him and emotionally the trade took something out of them. Not to mention trading Nate (I know he cannot run the point) but he was the comic relief oof the team. Rondo is acting like a 5 year old. He is not pushing the tempo and is being killed by opposing point guards. I support benching him to get his head straight. Heck, I would even start Arroyo to send him a message. In 2008 I could see a Celtic team being down by 20 and they would fight until the end. I am not seeing the same effort this year and it is very dangerous. Who is at fault? The players, they are all adults and they should know better. If they are revolting against Danny then history will look at them as a good team that did not live up to their full potential. Last nights game gave me ulcers. This team was in control and simply collapsed in the last quarter. Unnaceptable to them and to the fans. They should have more self respect.

Rondo if you are reading this: Stop being a nancy pansy and push the tempo. do not get stuck in the screens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Donquique,
    I definitely agree with you about Rondo.  He hasn't been very good lately and is partially to blame for the Celtics recent struggles. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wow - its amazing how short of a memory many on this board have.  Its back to "its Doc's fault" and "the team i having a mutiny" and other statements that indicate its all over.  We went through the same thing last year and SO MANY fans called for Danny's head, Doc's head, trade Ray, Paul's too old,  KG is done, etc, etc.   Then, the got refreshed and made their run.  

Why not give them the benefit of the doubt since you've all seen this movie before? 

This team frustrates the heck out of me.  I was furious last night.  But, I have NOT lost faith that they are all crazy about Doc and that they'll follow him anywhwere.  Why?  Because he DOESN'T do what many on this board suggest. he doesn't lose faith in them, he doesn't call them out in public by name, and he tries to help them get through this.

With the change in personnel, the injuries, the minutes the starters had to play this season with the injuries, they held on as long as they could and are now limping home.  But, they'll get home (end of season and into the playoffs) and you'll be cheering how glad you are that Doc pulled them all together.

Please have some faith, folks!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Well I am trying, Celts, I am really trying to have faith in these guys.  I agree with you about Doc.  Hopefully we WILL be celebrating him and his team in 3 months...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

It's starting to look like Doc rivers isn't really that good managing egos. Rajon Rondo is destroying the entire team, one single freaking punk not wanting to give it all. They should kick his butt out of the rotation and bench him even if we keep losing more games. At the very least that way we will see them playing with heart!
    Posted by celticsfanmx

I think Doc may be a good at managing ego's by treading lightly with the stars on the team. Maybe that's the only way to keep their ego's satisfied. How else can you explain starters that perform poorly are still playing the most minutes in every game? Maybe if Doc would really shake things up the ship would sink right away?

Sections
Shortcuts