Doc Used An 8-Man Rotation

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Doc Used An 8-Man Rotation

And Pavlovic playing and assuming his role...nice to see...and no dooling...good stuff...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Doc Used An 8-Man Rotation:
    [QUOTE]Chris Kaman had 21 pts(9-10 FGs), 10 rebs, and 4 blks in a win against the Wolves tonight.  I think if we got Kaman we would be in the east finals.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Kaman wanted to play for Miami! 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Getting ready for playoffs

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Used An 8-Man Rotation : The Celts are not out of the woods yet. A loss tomorrow and another against the Heat on Tuesday and it's back to square one.

Yes, but I meant he's only using 8 like that will be his playoff rotation

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]The rotation tonight was very good. I like seeing Stiemsma and Sasha.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I KNEW Kirk would be happy!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I would argue it was a 7 man rotation today.  Bass was invisible.  He's trending toward stinko the last 12 games with 41% shooting.  not what we need

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

xcellent rotation by Doc. 

We didn't have the talent to get Kaman which is why we don't have him. Let that one go.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Chris Kaman had 21 pts(9-10 FGs), 10 rebs, and 4 blks in a win against the Wolves tonight.  I think if we got Kaman we would be in the east finals.

welp we didnt so get over it. i do agree with your east finals prediction tho, except i believe we could advance to the finals with kaman, hes the one missing piece.

by getting younger, we can afford to shorten the rotation. kg and pierce are playing the same amount of minutes, and hes hiking rondo, ab, pav and steamer (all young guys) minutes, so we can deal with it..

there isnt alot of "we are too old" to this team anymore!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Based on what I have seen from the Heat and with Rose out so long we would have been in the finals with Kaman.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I am not at all worried about Bass....I love the energy this guy brings....he is better than Baby in my opinion...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I like the rotation as well.  Only problem I see if if we do that the rest of the season, the big three may be wore out.  That is why today's game is huge.  If we can clinch the crown with a few games to go we can rest some guys.  Huge in my opinion.

One concern,  will Steamer even get to play the next game?  Who knows he may play 5 minutes.  Hopefully Doc will get him steady minutes the rest of the season. Why does Sasha play off and on?  He is a very good defender, always has been. He started for a 66 win team I believe.  He can shoot a little. Why has he not been playing all year? Keep AB in the starting group.  Ray needs to stay with the bench guys.  I like it when PP gets his shots, KG gets his shots, and Ray get his.  This is what I have been envisioning for 3 years.  Ray coming in about the time Paul goes out. We aren't trying to get two guys going at the same time.  Ray can come in firing,  hopefully getting more shots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]The rotation tonight was very good. I like seeing Stiemsma and Sasha.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Do you know why Doc coached a great game? He has been reading these posts and has realized we are smarter than him.

For example: Steisma played a lot of minutes and was a monster in rebounding, blocking shots and even some scoring. He had a good rotation and spread the minutes out well for each player. Ray even played some good all around ball. still think Dooling should play at least 10-12 minutes and the big three maybe a few less minutes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Used An 8-Man Rotation : We may be in the Finals anyway, if Doc uses the rotation he used tonight.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Wait.. you said the other day that Ray should retire.  What do you actually think?

Regardless A short roatation is perfect for this team.  I liked it a lot.  I hope he sticks with it. Sasha did a nice job and when Pietrus is healthy he can take Sasha's minutes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I would argue it was a 7 man rotation today.  Bass was invisible.  He's trending toward stinko the last 12 games with 41% shooting.  not what we need
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I don't get it.  Davis is shooting 40 percent for the year and you keep saying how good he is.  But Bass at 41 percent over the last 10 is stinko?  Objective much?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I still want Pietrus back - any news on him?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Used An 8-Man Rotation : I don't get it.  Davis is shooting 40 percent for the year and you keep saying how good he is.  But Bass at 41 percent over the last 10 is stinko?  Objective much?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    I'm very happy with Bass. His maturity alone makes him a better player than Davis.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Used An 8-Man Rotation : Wait.. you said the other day that Ray should retire.  What do you actually think? Regardless A short roatation is perfect for this team.  I liked it a lot.  I hope he sticks with it. Sasha did a nice job and when Pietrus is healthy he can take Sasha's minutes.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Snake,
    I just looked at the schedule after today's game. Five games in six days, the rotation has to get deeper for this run.  We must find a way to bring in JJJ, Dooling, Moore, and hopefully Pietrus if he comes back.  The eight man rotation will be important for the playoffs.

The only encouraging thing about the five in six games is that the back to back to back is against the Raptors, Nets, and Bobcats.  

The rotation will have to be deeper in the next ten days.

Sections
Shortcuts