Doc voted most popular coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Doc voted most popular coach

According to a SI poll, Doc Rivers is the most popular coach in the league (among the players). See this link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1197357/1/index.htm This helps offset some of the negative issues associated with Boston climate and it not being a media market and will help as we recruit free agents. I can see why players like him. He calls it like it is, is a good motivator, is a good teacher to young players (even if he won't play them until they learn to do what he asks). Our vets just swear by him. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Doc voted most popular coach

More accurately: Doc voted coach players most want to play for! Sorry for reporting it inaccurately the first time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Never heard a player say anything bad about him.  In my business that usually means he doesn't get on them.  Obviously thats not the case with people other than the big 4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I am not a team insider but word is that he is very candid with them in private and he clearly gets on the team, but never pointed at one player. Clearly they get the message without him embarrassing an individual like Van Gundy does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

You mean it wasn't Mike Brown? I thought for sure he would win it this time. Oh who am I kidding. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Doc voted most popular coach:
    I am not a team insider but word is that he is very candid with them in private and he clearly gets on the team, but never pointed at one player. Clearly they get the message without him embarrassing an individual like Van Gundy does.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Players don't mind if you tell it like it is - just don't tell the whole world.  I'm sure that is what he does - gets on them in private, and "sugarcoats" it to the rest of us.  It's not really OUR team, anyway...................

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Mike D'Antoni was number 2. LOL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And Pop was number 3. Look at the Idiot jerk who is the one players least want to play for!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Doc voted most popular coach:
    According to a SI poll, Doc Rivers is the most popular coach in the league (among the players). See this link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1197357/1/index.htm This helps offset some of the negative issues associated with Boston climate and it not being a media market and will help as we recruit free agents. I can see why players like him. He calls it like it is, is a good motivator, is a good teacher to young players (even if he won't play them until they learn to do what he asks). Our vets just swear by him. Thoughts?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

A good motivator? Someone once told me that's not a coaches' job!  Oh, that was you......LOL

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Someone should have told OJ Mayo that!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Most popular coach doesnt do it for me. Heck, I remember in grade school we had a teacher everyone wanted.. She was by far the most popular because she was the most leinent..gave less homework.. easier to get over on and even when caught was a pushover... get the picture?

Also, dont say Doc doesnt point the finger or embarrass anyone. What was the name of that center we got back in the Perk trade that DOc routinely humiliated on the court?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Doc voted most popular coach :  A good motivator? Someone once told me that's not a coaches' job!  Oh, that was you......LOL
    Posted by upperco1

That's not what I told you.  I told you that veterans like KG and Pierce and Company need to motivate themselves and they don't need to coach to motivate them.

Its still Doc's job, especially for young guys......but our Vets motivate themselves.  Still believe that.  The two are not mutually exclusive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Doc voted most popular coach : That's not what I told you.  I told you that veterans like KG and Pierce and Company need to motivate themselves and they don't need to coach to motivate them. Its still Doc's job, especially for young guys......but our Vets motivate themselves.  Still believe that.  The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

It's all good man....just busting on you but you SHOULD consider politics!   hahaha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Doc voted most popular coach : It's all good man....just busting on you but you SHOULD consider politics!   hahaha
    Posted by upperco1

Smile.  Not me, buddy!  

Go Celts.

Sections
Shortcuts