Doc wants to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc wants to go

Doc wants to go to another team.  I hope not but I think that is what is going on.  The Clippers(Celtics West) with Pierce, Garnett and Doc could bring about the implausible trade that started a month ago.  Doc will be traded in some sense of the word if this happens.  I thought Doc was better  than this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Doc wants to go

By the way if this happens get Larry Bird back here and say goodbye to Ainge.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Well there may be some truth to this since his daughter Callie is living in LA right now.

I just hope Ainge gets the right compensation of
    #1 pick
    Bledsoe
    Jordan

Rondo and Bledsoe would be a nice backcourt. I would then try and trade AB and Bass for Millsap

So then we start
    Rondo
    Bledsoe
    Green
    Millsap
    Jordan

That's not a bad starting 5. I would ask for permission to interview Thibs, if it's denied I'm going for Sloan, McMillan or Calipari

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

...oh and with the 2 #1s, move up and try to get another big...Len or Zeller

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

...oh and with the 2 #1s, move up and try to get another big...Len or Zeller

What?  You should know better.  You have two true point guards starting!?!!  Ain't gonna happen.  Bledsoe is too short to play SG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and Doc.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

and Instead of Garnett, throw Rondo in there with Pierce and Doc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

and Doc.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

and Instead of Garnett, throw Rondo in there with Pierce and Doc.

R9R is the albatross around docs neck. He goes wherever daddy doc goes.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The rumor mill continues:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/10/4415864/a-sherrod-blakely-on-doc-doc-wary-of-full-blown-rebuilding-process

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Amazing how many posts can be generated based on one person's total conjecture.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Nine lousy posts based on something being talked about all over the Boston sports scene.  It has legs, I only hope he comes back.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

[QUOTE]

Nine lousy posts based on something being talked about all over the Boston sports scene.  It has legs, I only hope he comes back.

[/QUOTE]

I noticed you didn't include your post in your tally of "lousy posts".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter if he comes back or not. He can always return to the Celts in the future.

Right now I think Ainge should spread rumors about rehiring Rick Pitino and drafting Dieng and Siva just to spite the ungrateful Celtic fans.

[/QUOTE]

SmileSmile

Ungrateful indeed.  Yes, the negative nannies are out in force and will be for some time.  I had never thought that the Celts not doing well will give so much pleasure to so many people.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Forsberg (espn): 

To me, it must come down to leverage. Rivers knows that by keeping the core together, Boston can still be in the mix next season and overhaul on the fly next summer (or, at worst, in-season if the wheels completely fall off). But Ainge has often noted that Boston is not a championship contender as currently constituted and knows the Celtics have limited resources to add to this core. Using the 2013-14 campaign as a bit of a transition year could increase Boston's long-term ability to contend, while maximizing the late-career value of guys like Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Something has to give and maybe Rivers could be using this quasi-standoff to encourage Ainge to either keep the band together or overhaul in another way (one theory suggests trading Rajon Rondo and rebuilding the entire core after the veterans depart).

Seems plausible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

By the way if this happens get Larry Bird back here and say goodbye to Ainge.

+ ad infinitum

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I thought several weeks ago that Ainge would stay the course and if things fell apart before the AS break he could trade PP, KG and possibly Rondo and start the rebuild. Doc would be gone at season's end.

It's hard to tell what wil happen. The dominos got to start falling soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I have this sinking suspicion that Danny is going to keep the core together and maximize PP and KG's value which would be higher around the trading deadline than it is now if both remained healthy.  To me, that's a big risk because any injury to either OR significant drop in their level of play up to that point would definitely lessen their trade value.

When you look at how we struggled this season, and both being a year older, I just don't see the return of Rondo and Sully compensating for that.  Also, it keeps the reigns on Jeff Green for another year (either as a backup to PP or sharing minutes with him).  Doc will never "ride with Green" at the expense of keeping PP on the bench for 36 minutes (Green needs to play 36 mins per game after a full season after heart surgery).

And the Celtics would HAVE (a must) to bring in a center or TWO to sufficiently rest KG.  Honestly, I've tired of the 5 minutes play/sit routine we do with KG.  What good is it if we're gone in the first round of the playoffs?

Personally, I'd love it if Danny waived PP and looked to trade KG.  Let Doc do what he wants.  The Celtics made the playoffs in 2005 and had two very down years in 2006 and 2007.  That was their last rebuild!  By assembling assets, we were able to get RA and KG.  No doubt that rebuild would have lasted longer than the two years but I'd much rather it start now with FOUR core players (Rondo, AB, Sully and Green) than in the next year or two.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I have this sinking suspicion that Danny is going to keep the core together and maximize PP and KG's value which would be higher around the trading deadline than it is now if both remained healthy.  To me, that's a big risk because any injury to either OR significant drop in their level of play up to that point would definitely lessen their trade value.

When you look at how we struggled this season, and both being a year older, I just don't see the return of Rondo and Sully compensating for that.  Also, it keeps the reigns on Jeff Green for another year (either as a backup to PP or sharing minutes with him).  Doc will never "ride with Green" at the expense of keeping PP on the bench for 36 minutes (Green needs to play 36 mins per game after a full season after heart surgery).

And the Celtics would HAVE (a must) to bring in a center or TWO to sufficiently rest KG.  Honestly, I've tired of the 5 minutes play/sit routine we do with KG.  What good is it if we're gone in the first round of the playoffs?

Personally, I'd love it if Danny waived PP and looked to trade KG.  Let Doc do what he wants.  The Celtics made the playoffs in 2005 and had two very down years in 2006 and 2007.  That was their last rebuild!  By assembling assets, we were able to get RA and KG.  No doubt that rebuild would have lasted longer than the two years but I'd much rather it start now with FOUR core players (Rondo, AB, Sully and Green) than in the next year or two.

all good points. what i agree with the most is that the longer PP stays around, the more we miss out on productive years from jeff green. he should be the starter and he should not have to worry about a legend like PP looking over his shoulder. green is ready to run. why wait another year and stunt his further development?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Petey, I'm with you on the 5/5 with KG...I'd rather just bring him off the bench as the 6th man if you're going to taken him out after 5 minutes. Like you said Doc will never give Green 30+ mins while PP is around.

I think Ainge stays the course as well. If I were Ainge I would bring back the core and hire an assistant right now (regardless of what Doc thinks) that will be the heir apparent to Doc next year. This is leting everyone know this is the last run. Bring in McMillan to run the defense and tell him he will be the HC next year.

When the break comes, if we aren't any higher than a 4th seed, make moves with PP and KG. Doc will just have to ride out the last 30 games as HC. If we are a 3rd or 4th seed, ride it out and see what happens in the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I noticed you didn't include your post in your tally of "lousy posts".

[/QUOTE]

Yes I did the first two were mine and they were not very good.  Just lamenting losing Doc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Petey, I'm with you on the 5/5 with KG...I'd rather just bring him off the bench as the 6th man if you're going to taken him out after 5 minutes. Like you said Doc will never give Green 30+ mins while PP is around.

I think Ainge stays the course as well. If I were Ainge I would bring back the core and hire an assistant right now (regardless of what Doc thinks) that will be the heir apparent to Doc next year. This is leting everyone know this is the last run. Bring in McMillan to run the defense and tell him he will be the HC next year.

When the break comes, if we aren't any higher than a 4th seed, make moves with PP and KG. Doc will just have to ride out the last 30 games as HC. If we are a 3rd or 4th seed, ride it out and see what happens in the playoffs.

Agree because who is to say that if you bring back the band as Doc wants, leverage and trade PP & KG at the deadline next year, and then successfully rebuild on the fly that Doc will stick around.

Not sure what DA promised Doc when he signed his 5 yr deal but I'm sure Doc had to know that some rebuilding was going to take place. On top of that, I'm tired of S. Blakely et al talking about how unfair it is for Doc to go through another rebuild. Heck, he was lucky to get the C's job to begin with and it's not like he had to deal with M.L. Carr's shenanigan's in the FO! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I think DA will break-up the team! If he was going to keep PP and KG in green, Doc would know this and have already stated he is coming back to coach the team next season.

Doc is not commenting on his status, because he knows DA's plan A (break-up the team)!

If DA is smart, he rebuilds (which means rest RR until after all star break) and takes a shot a A Wiggins!

Go Celtics!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

I think DA will break-up the team! If he was going to keep PP and KG in green, Doc would know this and have already stated he is coming back to coach the team next season.

Doc is not commenting on his status, because he knows DA's plan A (break-up the team)!

If DA is smart, he rebuilds (which means rest RR until after all star break) and takes a shot a A Wiggins!

Go Celtics!!

Over the last couple of days I am getting more and more annoyed with Doc.  This team will suffer if he leaves now and he owes them more than that.  Ainge has done a lousy job giving Doc what he needs the last couple of years and maybe that is what is behind this.  Doc goes we will be irrelevant as a franchise. Those that think we have a nucleus without Garnett and Pierce are nuts.  Rondo is the only piece and he is injured.  Bradley and Sullinger are good role players that is all.

My solution beg Larry Bird to rebuild the Celtics.  He was the heart and soul of the team and we need that now.