Doc: "We just don't learn"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc: "We just don't learn"

He's so right...I just hope he included himself in the "we". The team doesn't learn because rarely are changes made. So how can he expect something different when he doesn't do anything different.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

Re: Doc:

great post

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Imagine if your kids teacher said that .... everyone would point the blame at the teacher as its their responsibility and training (allegedly) to TEACH...

Doc always has someone to blame or share in the blame. Simple stuff Doc, players that dont do their assignments, only you have the juice to pull them out and sit them. Only Doc can limit their minutes or allow the next guy in line to see if he can do better.

With no consequence is it any wonder Doc helped create the Rondo monster????

This guy is not a good coach imo.... Sure, give him 3 HOF'rs still near their prime and surround them with quality help and even Mike Brown could probably ride them to the finals

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Imagine if your kids teacher said that .... everyone would point the blame at the teacher as its their responsibility and training (allegedly) to TEACH...

Doc always has someone to blame or share in the blame. Simple stuff Doc, players that dont do their assignments, only you have the juice to pull them out and sit them. Only Doc can limit their minutes or allow the next guy in line to see if he can do better.

With no consequence is it any wonder Doc helped create the Rondo monster????

This guy is not a good coach imo.... Sure, give him 3 HOF'rs still near their prime and surround them with quality help and even Mike Brown could probably ride them to the finals

He's a player's coach...so what does that mean looking at the whole picture of this team?  We need a coach that actually makes good decisions, not a player's coach.  In his defense, I've seen him draw of some plays that worked very well in certain situations.  Other than that the guy pisses me off something fierce in how he handles player rotations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This whole thread is a good one. We despite our beliefs think we know what is best for an NBA team  when we don't even really know all the pertinent information.   That said Doc is not trying new things even when it is obvious to observers like us things are tired and stagnant.  Green scored 43 points in the most spectacular way possible. He could have easily had 55.  He only took twenty shots.  To play in the next game and get only eight shots shows something is wrong. It just is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Karllost and Concord...great analysis. People think just because you criticize Doc sometimes that you want the guy fired or he's a bad coach. I just think some of this stuff is too obvious and he's so loyal that it scares him to try something else because he doesn't trust his own decisions. He'd rather do the same thing over and over and hope that his great HOFers come through so he's not the focal point.

Concord is right, Green should've had even more shots in the New Orleans game. What happened between Monday and Wednesday to Green's game? Well we can say KG came back but that shouldn't have changed how Doc approached Green.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

You guys are expecting too much from Jeff Green. 

Jeff Green is not a scorer. We know he's got the moves, but he doesn't have that scorer's mentality.

When Green was with OKC, playing 37 minutes per game, his highest scoring average was just 16.5 ppg.

Uncle Jeff is just a 2nd option at best. He's more of a 3rd option. Just like when he was the 3rd option behind Durant and Westbrook.

Yeah he was the 3rd option behind Durant and Westbrook and rightfully so... but to say that he should be the 3rd option behind PP and KG?  It may be the way Doc does it but that doesnt mean he is right....if I have a guy who can score 43 against the best team in the league and he is my 3rd option then the Cs should be in amazing shape... bottomline, he should be taking playing more mins and getting more shots because he has the ability to score

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Jeff Green is not a scorer. We know he's got the moves, but he doesn't have that scorer's mentality.

When Green was with OKC, playing 37 minutes per game, his highest scoring average was just 16.5 ppg.

Uncle Jeff is just a 2nd option at best. He's more of a 3rd option. Just like when he was the 3rd option behind Durant and Westbrook.

Say what?? Anytime a player can get 43 points in an NBA game and could've had 50....he's a scorer. Anytime a guy puts up 28ppg when he starts...he's a scorer. THe problem is he's not a bench player, he's a starter and everytime Doc puts him on the bench it makes him passive. So why does he keep doing it?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Jeff isn't in college anymore.

He's being paid tens of millions of dollars, and sometimes he plays like he just smoked a doobie.

Agree with you that sometimes he plays like he just smoked a doobie. But it is what it is.

Just because he's not in college anymore and he's being paid millions of dollars, it doesn't mean he automatically becomes something he is not.

Jeff Green is not a scorer. We all know he can be and he should be a scorer. But he just doesn't have that scorer's mentality.

I respectfully disagree.  I know you have played basketball and so have I .  When a guy can score and others can't and you want to win, you give him the ball and try to facilitate his game.  It was imperative that we get ourselves out of the quagmire we were in NO last night.  Green was 5-8 after a monster  game.  The team was falling all over itself in the fourth quarter.  As in INdy when they ran a play for Green, they should have done the same over and over because at a minimum it would have opened up something for Pierce and Garnett.  It is simple logic and Doc did not employ it.  

You know I love Doc, but he was wrong as far as I am concerned.  Green is the scorer we need even if he does not think as one. Get him the ball and something good will happen.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I respectfully disagree.  I know you have played basketball and so have I .  When a guy can score and others can't and you want to win, you give him the ball and try to facilitate his game.  It was imperative that we get ourselve out of the quagmire we were in NO last night.  Green was 5-8 after a monster  game.  The team was falling all over itself in the fourth quarter.  As in INdy when they ran a play for Green, they should have done the same over and over because at a minimum it would have opened up something for Pierce and Garnett.  It is simple logic and Doc did not employ it.  

You know I love Doc, but he was wrong as far as I am concerned.  Green is the scorer we need even if he does not think as one. Get him the ball and something good will happen.

We both watched the game. Numerous times in the 2nd half Green got the ball and just passed it to another teammate.

We can agree to disagree.

Looking forward, that's why I want the Celts to face the Heat in the east finals because it gives Green, Crawford, and Lee more time to develop. A Celts team in mid-May will be better than a Celts team in late-April.

We shall see. 

I just wrote on another thread that the Heat will use a tremendous amount of energy on this streak to 34 wins. The toll will be significant. Injuries and fatigue will set them up to beaten in the playoffs. Remember the 2007 Patriots. 

Green did pass out of situations and has to be ordered to look to go to the basket or shoot.  He has to do it to help Pierce and Garneet get space on the floor.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I just wrote on another thread that the Heat will use a tremendous amount of energy on this streak to 34 wins. The toll will be significant. Injuries and fatigue will set them up to beaten in the playoffs. Remember the 2007 Patriots. 

Green did pass out of situations and has to be ordered to look to go to the basket or shoot.  He has to do it to help Pierce and Garneet get space on the floor.

I want the Heat to top the Laker streak. The Laker trolls would not like it.

HAHAHA

Better yet it will take a real toll on them,  just as the playoffs start.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Say what?? Anytime a player can get 43 points in an NBA game and could've had 50....he's a scorer. Anytime a guy puts up 28ppg when he starts...he's a scorer. THe problem is he's not a bench player, he's a starter and everytime Doc puts him on the bench it makes him passive. So why does he keep doing it?

Putting a player on the bench does not make him passive..

The player makes himself passive...This is not little league..he is not 10yrs old...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Jeff isn't in college anymore.

He's being paid tens of millions of dollars, and sometimes he plays like he just smoked a doobie.

Agree with you that sometimes he plays like he just smoked a doobie. But it is what it is.

Just because he's not in college anymore and he's being paid millions of dollars, it doesn't mean he automatically becomes something he is not.

Jeff Green is not a scorer. We all know he can be and he should be a scorer. But he just doesn't have that scorer's mentality.

Exactly..but im hoping that he will grow into the role..remember when Lebrons was passing up game changing shots??? Its a stretch I know, but would love to see the same from Green...

There is a lot of room between 14 pts and 43 pts...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I want the Heat to top the Laker streak. The Laker trolls would not like it.

HAHAHA

Yes, and then when we beat them in the East Finals, it will be that much sweeter...

with Green MVP...lol

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This is a riot reading how JG doesnt have the "scorers mentality".....

The guy just scored 43 against the Heat.... did he just have the scorers mentality just for this one game and instantly reverted back?????

Anyone that knows a bit about organized basketball understands the coach puts players in a position to succeed. In OKC two other players were the focal point for the teams scoring, JG was a complimentary player.... nothing to do with his mentality, just that two other players on his team are the chossen ones... only so many shots to go around.

On the Celtics, Doc has mismanaged JGs rotations since the beginning of this season... ITs been hard for JG to show a scorers mentality (that term still cracks me up) when hes yanked all over the place on the bench and not given a clear, defined role.... It was OBVIOUS in the Heat game, Green had the green light with the ball....and he took advantage of it...he sure as heck showed the "SCORERS MENTALITY"...

Now some want you to think that was an abberation. Where was Doc during the last game when JG had only 8 shots??? Did he call TO and run a play for JG??? Did he talk to the team and tell them look for JG in the corner??? Did he approach JG and urge him to be more aggressive and come to the ball???  MY bet is NONE OF THE ABOVE>>

JG has the whole package offensively...its all about how hes managed. He wasnt just "hot" vs the HEat (which anyone can be for a game..as in a fluke) he took it to the rim and couldnt be stopped, he finished, got to the line, tookk his open jumpers etc etc...this wasnt a fluke performance.. he scored within the flow of the game.

Scorers mentality is a joke... ITs his coach who cant see the forest for the trees..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

This is a riot reading how JG doesnt have the "scorers mentality".....

The guy just scored 43 against the Heat.... did he just have the scorers mentality just for this one game and instantly reverted back?????

Anyone that knows a bit about organized basketball understands the coach puts players in a position to succeed. In OKC two other players were the focal point for the teams scoring, JG was a complimentary player.... nothing to do with his mentality, just that two other players on his team are the chossen ones... only so many shots to go around.

On the Celtics, Doc has mismanaged JGs rotations since the beginning of this season... ITs been hard for JG to show a scorers mentality (that term still cracks me up) when hes yanked all over the place on the bench and not given a clear, defined role.... It was OBVIOUS in the Heat game, Green had the green light with the ball....and he took advantage of it...he sure as heck showed the "SCORERS MENTALITY"...

Now some want you to think that was an abberation. Where was Doc during the last game when JG had only 8 shots??? Did he call TO and run a play for JG??? Did he talk to the team and tell them look for JG in the corner??? Did he approach JG and urge him to be more aggressive and come to the ball???  MY bet is NONE OF THE ABOVE>>

JG has the whole package offensively...its all about how hes managed. He wasnt just "hot" vs the HEat (which anyone can be for a game..as in a fluke) he took it to the rim and couldnt be stopped, he finished, got to the line, tookk his open jumpers etc etc...this wasnt a fluke performance.. he scored within the flow of the game.

Scorers mentality is a joke... ITs his coach who cant see the forest for the trees..

when a coach is with an NBA team for five years or so, and the team goes stale, or the coach loses control of happens on the floor, it's time for a coaching change. period. does that mean fire Doc? absolutely. does it mean Doc's not a good coach? not necessarily.

Sections
Shortcuts