Doc: "We just don't learn"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Doc:

In response to JG9000's comment:

when a coach is with an NBA team for five years or so, and the team goes stale, or the coach loses control of happens on the floor, it's time for a coaching change. period. does that mean fire Doc? absolutely. does it mean Doc's not a good coach? not necessarily.

"Stale?" When Rondo went down in late January, could anyone have predicted we'd still be in playoff contention at this point of the season? Doc's done a hell of a job in my opinion.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

You guys are expecting too much from Jeff Green. 

Jeff Green is not a scorer. We know he's got the moves, but he doesn't have that scorer's mentality.

When Green was with OKC, playing 37 minutes per game, his highest scoring average was just 16.5 ppg.

Uncle Jeff is just a 2nd option at best. He's more of a 3rd option. Just like when he was the 3rd option behind Durant and Westbrook.

????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Jeff Green is not a scorer. We know he's got the moves, but he doesn't have that scorer's mentality.

When Green was with OKC, playing 37 minutes per game, his highest scoring average was just 16.5 ppg.

Uncle Jeff is just a 2nd option at best. He's more of a 3rd option. Just like when he was the 3rd option behind Durant and Westbrook.

Say what?? Anytime a player can get 43 points in an NBA game and could've had 50....he's a scorer. Anytime a guy puts up 28ppg when he starts...he's a scorer. THe problem is he's not a bench player, he's a starter and everytime Doc puts him on the bench it makes him passive. So why does he keep doing it?

Definitely agree with you.  If he is starter who is he starting for, Pierce or Bass?  Considering that Bass isn't very good this year he probably should be starting for Bass.  Although, Jeff is a better small forward.  Having Pierce and Green on the floor at the same time worked very well in the Miami game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Fierce, Green's not a scorer?! Come on man. He averages 28 in his 3-starts this year, goes for 43 against the NBA champs on a 21-game winning streak on National TV, and he's not a scorer? Not true! He's a true scorer who isn't being effectively motivated/coached or used in a way that would get the most out of him. DOC just hates to admit, or refuses to see his own errors and rationalizes why he won't make changes. JG needs help with his confidence because no matter what he does, DOC gives him this, "We need your firepower off the bench" BS! JG should be starting, period! If for no other reason, to see if it will help him to reamin consistant. A consistant JG starting is far more valuable than a sporadic JG off the bench. THAT'S WHAT WE ARE SAYING HERE! Give it a shot at least! Its like DOC's afraid he will be exposed if JG is great as a starter! DOC's self serving excuses for not doing the obvious are starting to make everyone believe that he is waaaaay too in love with his own ideas and that the C's need a fresh perspective. DOC isn't and hasn't even given it a try for what reason? Damn, it makes no sense. Its him being hard headed. If he does it and JG doesn't change, then he knows what he has there, but you can't be afraid of knowing the truth about your personnel.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Say what?? Anytime a player can get 43 points in an NBA game and could've had 50....he's a scorer. Anytime a guy puts up 28ppg when he starts...he's a scorer. THe problem is he's not a bench player, he's a starter and everytime Doc puts him on the bench it makes him passive. So why does he keep doing it?

Putting a player on the bench does not make him passive..

The player makes himself passive...This is not little league..he is not 10yrs old...

HUH! Basketball is all about confidence and most players believe they are starters. The only reason some embrace coming off the bench is because they're older or they're doing it for the betterment of the team. He's probably wired and plays better when he starts...he's still warm and coming off the bench takes him out of his game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Green isn't a scorer he shoots layups and three pointers. Untill he developes a mid range game like Pierce he never will be.

Isn't this like saying that Ray Allen was never a scorer? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I respectfully disagree.  I know you have played basketball and so have I .  When a guy can score and others can't and you want to win, you give him the ball and try to facilitate his game.  It was imperative that we get ourselve out of the quagmire we were in NO last night.  Green was 5-8 after a monster  game.  The team was falling all over itself in the fourth quarter.  As in INdy when they ran a play for Green, they should have done the same over and over because at a minimum it would have opened up something for Pierce and Garnett.  It is simple logic and Doc did not employ it.  

You know I love Doc, but he was wrong as far as I am concerned.  Green is the scorer we need even if he does not think as one. Get him the ball and something good will happen.

We both watched the game. Numerous times in the 2nd half Green got the ball and just passed it to another teammate.

We can agree to disagree.

Looking forward, that's why I want the Celts to face the Heat in the east finals because it gives Green, Crawford, and Lee more time to develop. A Celts team in mid-May will be better than a Celts team in late-April.

We shall see. 

How much time do you think Crawford is gonna need to develop and contribute? If he 's not clanking wayward 3 pointers,  I see him regularly driving out-of-control to the hoop---a la Tony Allen--- yet without Tony's "D".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

when a coach is with an NBA team for five years or so, and the team goes stale, or the coach loses control of happens on the floor, it's time for a coaching change. period. does that mean fire Doc? absolutely. does it mean Doc's not a good coach? not necessarily.

"Stale?" When Rondo went down in late January, could anyone have predicted we'd still be in playoff contention at this point of the season? Doc's done a hell of a job in my opinion.

Yes, more than a few (myself included) felt the Celtics would be better off without Rondo in the lineup..  The reason we were 20-23 and in much worse playoff position than we are today is because Doc Rivers allowed the team to suffer under the rule of Rondo and his assist stats...or as likely...DOc just didnt know any better..

Glad I could help

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Yes, more than a few (myself included) felt the Celtics would be better off without Rondo in the lineup..  The reason we were 20-23 and in much worse playoff position than we are today is because Doc Rivers allowed the team to suffer under the rule of Rondo and his assist stats...or as likely...DOc just didnt know any better..

Glad I could help

I believe they were a 7 seed then and are a 7 seed now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

He's so right...I just hope he included himself in the "we". The team doesn't learn because rarely are changes made. So how can he expect something different when he doesn't do anything different.

Old team  just good enough to sell seats and bad enough to blame management.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Glad I could help

Ah, Revisionist History 101.

Sections
Shortcuts