Doc will not play Shavlik Randolph ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Doc will not play Shavlik Randolph ??

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

And I hope he does...............but the point is that if he deserves to play, he will play, the color of his skin is irrelevant!

you have got to be kidding me, right?  avery bradley deserved to play and only got to by accident.  darko milicic HAD TO PLAY for us in order for KG not to get overused- and not only that darko proved his worth and competency in a successful preseason.  doc never played him.  doc NEVER played steamer until JerLame O'neal's knee folded like a cheap tent.  the prudent coach would have begun working the GREEN steamer in for some minutes FROM GAME ONE knowing the injury history of o'neal.

glen davis never played much until there was nobody left on the roster who could play 4.  doc's chosen boy was leon powe, a guy who turned out to be not nearly the player davis was and i'm talking all injuries aside.  and i loved leon as an energy role player guy, it's just that davis could cover more distance in playing TWO roles. 

let's see, what else?  oh, i have it- i was at first deflated when we signed marquis to replace posey.  then i looked at marquis' game and thought- THIS GUY IS THE PERFECT 2/3 combo man!!!  good on defense, can give us something we need- POST UP LOOKS and get to the free throw line and give our old guys a breather during those free throws = marquis should play TWENTY FIVE MINUTES A NIGHT EVERY NIGHT to keep 1) pierce's minutes under control and 2) ray allen's minutes under control.

after all, marquis averaged 12-13 in indy and proved to be a decent player in not many minutes over 25 a night.  hell if he did well in BOS he should have gotten 28 or more.  the only problem was that doc NEVER USED HIM LIKE THAT- he struggled to find any consistent role because he got NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH PLAYING TIME.  remind you of jeff green anyone?

please don't ever ever ever ever invest blind faith that a player on doc blithers' roster will "play if he deserves to play" by strictly the merit of the situation becuase what goes on in doc's head is a totally different altered 'reality'.

NO   - I'm not kidding............I said Doc doesn't care if a guy is white or black.  YOU are the one that points out all the guys he didn't play, most of whom are black.  Your comment doesn't even address mine directly, don't know why you hit the reply button.

In the future, please read my comments - like "Doc doesn't care if a guy is white or black" before you go off on your tangent, which sounds like the beating of a dead horse - WE ALL KNOW you don't like Doc..................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I bet run is an asian dude pretending to be a closet white racist, bigot that is extemely ethno-centric. He is a devil's advocate  style prankster.He posts like I do, for the entertainment value!"

Hmmmmmm Lol, DaCeltics --- Run an asian dude? Asians don't pretend - you can see it in our eyes.

[/QUOTE

O.k. Che. I thought you were Cuban? Is anything REAL on the internet?! Ha ha...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Randolph is a veteran player but, he was not good enough to stay in the NBA even though he is 6'10". 

It is possible that he has improved during his time in China. He certainly had great statistics.. Guys at the end of the bench become insurance policies for the team. If they play well in practice, they will get minutes in games, If not, then they will sit.

Doc wants to win, and he wil do what he thinks is best to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

And I hope he does...............but the point is that if he deserves to play, he will play, the color of his skin is irrelevant!

you have got to be kidding me, right?  avery bradley deserved to play and only got to by accident.  darko milicic HAD TO PLAY for us in order for KG not to get overused- and not only that darko proved his worth and competency in a successful preseason.  doc never played him.  doc NEVER played steamer until JerLame O'neal's knee folded like a cheap tent.  the prudent coach would have begun working the GREEN steamer in for some minutes FROM GAME ONE knowing the injury history of o'neal.

glen davis never played much until there was nobody left on the roster who could play 4.  doc's chosen boy was leon powe, a guy who turned out to be not nearly the player davis was and i'm talking all injuries aside.  and i loved leon as an energy role player guy, it's just that davis could cover more distance in playing TWO roles. 

let's see, what else?  oh, i have it- i was at first deflated when we signed marquis to replace posey.  then i looked at marquis' game and thought- THIS GUY IS THE PERFECT 2/3 combo man!!!  good on defense, can give us something we need- POST UP LOOKS and get to the free throw line and give our old guys a breather during those free throws = marquis should play TWENTY FIVE MINUTES A NIGHT EVERY NIGHT to keep 1) pierce's minutes under control and 2) ray allen's minutes under control.

after all, marquis averaged 12-13 in indy and proved to be a decent player in not many minutes over 25 a night.  hell if he did well in BOS he should have gotten 28 or more.  the only problem was that doc NEVER USED HIM LIKE THAT- he struggled to find any consistent role because he got NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH PLAYING TIME.  remind you of jeff green anyone?

please don't ever ever ever ever invest blind faith that a player on doc blithers' roster will "play if he deserves to play" by strictly the merit of the situation becuase what goes on in doc's head is a totally different altered 'reality'.

NO   - I'm not kidding............I said Doc doesn't care if a guy is white or black.  YOU are the one that points out all the guys he didn't play, most of whom are black.  Your comment doesn't even address mine directly, don't know why you hit the reply button.

In the future, please read my comments - like "Doc doesn't care if a guy is white or black" before you go off on your tangent, which sounds like the beating of a dead horse - WE ALL KNOW you don't like Doc..................

Hedley

The problem is Doc and Danny do seem to care about the skin color of the player,which is wrong.  Look around you can see a pattern ,certain teams college and Pros draft more or less white players year after year why?  Georgetown coach John Tompson made it a point to recruit only black players,this was wrong. Rupp at kentucky only recruited white players this was wrong. Teams like the Spurs ,Wolves ,Golden State,Rockets and Suns have taken alott of white players over the last 10 years, and team like Boston ,Washington Philly and some others have taken mostly black players. Not sure why teams draft and trade this way but they do.  I think their are more good black players then white but alott of white players fail to get a real look. Danny and Doc shun most white and international guys,why?

Run

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:

I bet run is an asian dude pretending to be a closet white racist, bigot that is extemely ethno-centric. He is a devil's advocate  style prankster.He posts like I do, for the entertainment value!

No half white,1/4 black 1/4 Indian

Run

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to runrunandrun's comment:

I bet run is an asian dude pretending to be a closet white racist, bigot that is extemely ethno-centric. He is a devil's advocate  style prankster.He posts like I do, for the entertainment value!

No half white,1/4 black 1/4 Indian

Run

What's up Donny Marshall!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Run,

Have you ever commented on anything here that was not racist?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

run -  Do you feel you've been discriminated by someone? I can only guess something bad things happened to you.

I don't want to talk racial stuff -- No asians talk racial card - but since it's like a lollipop to you, might as well blow it out and tell us your gripes. Who do you hate & why?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hedley

The problem is Doc and Danny do seem to care about the skin color of the player,which is wrong.  Look around you can see a pattern ,certain teams college and Pros draft more or less white players year after year why?  Georgetown coach John Tompson made it a point to recruit only black players,this was wrong. Rupp at kentucky only recruited white players this was wrong. Teams like the Spurs ,Wolves ,Golden State,Rockets and Suns have taken alott of white players over the last 10 years, and team like Boston ,Washington Philly and some others have taken mostly black players. Not sure why teams draft and trade this way but they do.  I think their are more good black players then white but alott of white players fail to get a real look. Danny and Doc shun most white and international guys,why?

Run

That is your opinion, and this is America.  It is my opinion that these are just circumstances which have transpired over the years.  When Danny was at BYU, he said he couldn't play in a league that was 70% black, and not even Red Auerbach could convince him otherwise...............and judging from your second to  last line, Danny is not alone in this conspiracy of which you speak............

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

yet another post to show you hate Doc and to a lesser extent, Danny.  We get it, Acie.   You can just cut and paste into every one of your posts, regardless of the topic of the thread:  "I hate Doc" and it would save us all the time of reading your monolog!

but, don't rewrite history to make your point.  Bradley was getting minutes and most, if not all of us kept wondering why (including me)!   Many clamoured for Moore and yet, Doc gave the minutes to Bradley.  Then we all began to see why as the kid kept proving himself.   I was wrong and eventually saw what Doc saw First.

clearly, Glen Davis got plenty of PT, as well.  Davis was a candidate for 6th man of the year before he imploded and that happened because Doc played him.   

Try not to rewrite history so that you can support your hate for Doc.  We all know you blame him for every problem and give him no credit for anything that goes well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

Randolph is a veteran player but, he was not good enough to stay in the NBA even though he is 6'10". 

It is possible that he has improved during his time in China. He certainly had great statistics.. Guys at the end of the bench become insurance policies for the team. If they play well in practice, they will get minutes in games, If not, then they will sit.

Doc wants to win, and he wil do what he thinks is best to win.

And1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

Ummmm....Do you know oldschool's history in this forum, before he became runrunandrun?

As far as Garnett's proclivity to elbow people - Do you remember any of his teammates either in Boston or Minnesota being injured because of his elbow? Do you remember any of his teammates complaining about his elbow in practice? I wonder why oldschool said that. Maybe Shavlik has a sharper elbow than Garnett.

oldschool could have said Garnett should take Shavlik under his wing, but he would never have the ability say that. He will never have that kind of thought process, simply because for him, it comes right down to the two players' melanin tone.

1. no, i don't care who he was or is.  i'm not into the fabled roles, i just read what i see and respond. 

2. yes, i have heard of players complaining about garnett playing dirt in both practice and games.  i have seen it with my own eyes in games where he cocks his elbow back and swings it.  do you really think he only saves that for games?  why did rasho nesterovic leave the wolves as soon as he could?  it wasn't because he loved playing with garnett....

3. the only big man i have seen garnett remotely take under his wing was glen davis and that did not do much to help equal out the demented hatred that doc had for davis.  and i do believe that sullinger was under garnett's wing for some of this season as well.  he's not incapable of it, but he didn't do much to put any of the other bigs under his wing in recent years.  and it wasn't his role to put every big under his wing either- not for the o'neals or rashat-the-bed wallace.  if anything , i was waiting for someone to kick wallace in the seat of the pants and tell him to get into real shape before he tried to play in the nba and take some pride in himself.  wallace showed up the michelin man and broke down in the playoffs becuase his body couldn't handle his C-cups.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

yet another post to show you hate Doc and to a lesser extent, Danny.  We get it, Acie.   You can just cut and paste into every one of your posts, regardless of the topic of the thread:  "I hate Doc" and it would save us all the time of reading your monolog!

but, don't rewrite history to make your point.  Bradley was getting minutes and most, if not all of us kept wondering why (including me)!   Many clamoured for Moore and yet, Doc gave the minutes to Bradley.  Then we all began to see why as the kid kept proving himself.   I was wrong and eventually saw what Doc saw First.

clearly, Glen Davis got plenty of PT, as well.  Davis was a candidate for 6th man of the year before he imploded and that happened because Doc played him.   

Try not to rewrite history so that you can support your hate for Doc.  We all know you blame him for every problem and give him no credit for anything that goes well.

you know what i hate?  it's incompetence.  i've never seen so much of it for such a long period of time directly following great success for the team in the league.  do you think rivers is a GOOD coach?  can you provide tangible and substantive reasons why?  i don't think he is a good coach and i provide my reasons why, thereby disabling your "hate card" weak crapola.

avery was not playing very much my friend, with ray locked in at 35 minutes per game or more.  the simple fact is that what we saw when avery got to play more minutes and with the starters would have been evident to any good coach- i repeat- ANY G O O D COACH, through practice and evaluating talent.  we needed to change things up- for the sake of ray allen if for nothing else for goodness sake.  you could have dug up just a defensive thug 2 who couldnt' shoot and start him just to shake up the line up.  we needed that.  avery was more than that.

go back and look at the game log to see "how much" avery was playing.  the problem with this team is that the coach is not good enough to sell the veterans on coming off the bench.  nobody did it with ray until it was too late and pierce is now the second person who should have been 6th man if ray was not going to be the 6th man.   many great players have played the 6th man role when it was time to.  nobody in boston since the team has gotten older has.  dumb move.

you are an ignorant fool- davis played great for us and then had a patellar tendon injury- that is a serious injury- he was supposed to be "out 2 weeks" when it happened and then he came back sooner than that becuase both o'neal's were broken and we had nothing else.  he was not the same after that.  add into that the frothing-at-the-mouth doc rivers who had by then REPEATEDLY sold davis out to the press in a manner that you just DO NOT DO to players in a professional sport- every chance doc could figure out a reason he'd do a press conference on how horrible a person glen davis was.

yet he never called a presser to rip on SHEED who LOST EVERY SINGLE LEAD the starters handed in in 2010 because he was FAT and out of shape and cashing checks on us.  for that matter doc never called a presser to URGE RONDO to get this crap together on the offensive end of the ball and start shooting freebies better than 55%.  now he's a little bit better than that- rondo was 64% when he got hurt- only becuase his FTA volume cut in half.....  think about that for a minute.  rondo the petulant team wrecker vs davis the hustle guy- the only guy i have seen mop the floor with a shirt since cowens and bird and who is the satan on the team?  davis.  yes, davis was immature but he was growing and he is still growing mentally and as a player.  what we welcomed in as we kicked davis out has WILTED under rivers the inept circus freak of a coach- did you ever think bass could be this bad?!

give me a break- i don't deal in "cards" or carte blanche labeling systems, i deal in the reality that i see.  i'm sorry i'ts probably not like your sit coms and sit drams that you watch on tv in that is based in reality and comes to a blunt point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

right.  okay.  cognitive dissonance.  well, let's just go back and look at your first sentence:

"And I hope he does...............but the point is that if he deserves to play, he will play, the color of his skin is irrelevant!"

my point was exactly that REGARDLESS OF RACE, those who have DESERVED TO PLAY have NOT historically 'played' under the doc rivers veteran-ocracy system!!!  get it?  just look at the sentence fragment that i bolded, then look at all the other players i listed that SHOULD HAVE PLAYED- some black, some white, some tall, some small- and NO- they did NOT PLAY under doc blithers WHEN THEY DESERVED to / SHOULD have (STEAMER!) play!!

most of them ONLY played by means of roster ATTRITION.  i hope that spells it out for you

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

right.  okay.  cognitive dissonance.  well, let's just go back and look at your first sentence:

"And I hope he does...............but the point is that if he deserves to play, he will play, the color of his skin is irrelevant!"

my point was exactly that REGARDLESS OF RACE, those who have DESERVED TO PLAY have NOT historically 'played' under the doc rivers veteran-ocracy system!!!  get it?  just look at the sentence fragment that i bolded, then look at all the other players i listed that SHOULD HAVE PLAYED- some black, some white, some tall, some small- and NO- they did NOT PLAY under doc blithers WHEN THEY DESERVED to / SHOULD have (STEAMER!) play!!

most of them ONLY played by means of roster ATTRITION.  i hope that spells it out for you

That is not what the thread is about - try to stay on topic next time, please!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

so i'm sorry for merely responding to your statement that doc runs a meritocracy and pointing out that he doesn't?  if i'm off topic, aren't you the one who brought it off topic with the original meritocracy statement?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I bet run is an asian dude pretending to be a closet white racist, bigot that is extemely ethno-centric. He is a devil's advocate  style prankster.He posts like I do, for the entertainment value!"

Hmmmmmm Lol, DaCeltics --- Run an asian dude? Asians don't pretend - you can see it in our eyes.

[/QUOTE

O.k. Che. I thought you were Cuban? Is anything REAL on the internet?! Ha ha...

da celtics..che guevara was not from cuba...try argentina

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Ummmm....Do you know oldschool's history in this forum, before he became runrunandrun?

As far as Garnett's proclivity to elbow people - Do you remember any of his teammates either in Boston or Minnesota being injured because of his elbow? Do you remember any of his teammates complaining about his elbow in practice? I wonder why oldschool said that. Maybe Shavlik has a sharper elbow than Garnett.

oldschool could have said Garnett should take Shavlik under his wing, but he would never have the ability say that. He will never have that kind of thought process, simply because for him, it comes right down to the two players' melanin tone.

1. no, i don't care who he was or is.  i'm not into the fabled roles, i just read what i see and respond. 

2. yes, i have heard of players complaining about garnett playing dirt in both practice and games.  i have seen it with my own eyes in games where he cocks his elbow back and swings it.  do you really think he only saves that for games?  why did rasho nesterovic leave the wolves as soon as he could?  it wasn't because he loved playing with garnett....

3. the only big man i have seen garnett remotely take under his wing was glen davis and that did not do much to help equal out the demented hatred that doc had for davis.  and i do believe that sullinger was under garnett's wing for some of this season as well.  he's not incapable of it, but he didn't do much to put any of the other bigs under his wing in recent years.  and it wasn't his role to put every big under his wing either- not for the o'neals or rashat-the-bed wallace.  if anything , i was waiting for someone to kick wallace in the seat of the pants and tell him to get into real shape before he tried to play in the nba and take some pride in himself.  wallace showed up the michelin man and broke down in the playoffs becuase his body couldn't handle his C-cups.

1. Well then, that settles this part of our argument: If you don't want to bother finding out oldschool's past, DO NOT start any more subjective ramblings and false assumptions on my post next time I criticise his racist views, because you don't know the whole story.

2. If you were talking about Ron Artest or Andrew Bynum, I would take you seriously. Show me ANY proof/links on Pesterovic leaving the Wolves because of Garnett's elbows. What a ridiculous comment. Not liking Garnett is fine by me. That's your prerogative. Twisting stories to make it sound like his teammates think of him exactly like you do is just plain silly. Pesterovic played for the Wolves for 5 years, and the Spurs for 3 years. I guess Duncan's elbows are sharper than Garnett's and he could hardly wait get out of San Antonio so he asked to be traded.

3. Its pretty obvious by now that you don't like Doc Rivers or KG, but that's no reason to spin yarns about Garnett's "lack" of passion to help other bigs. On the contrary, that is what he is known for. Ultimately it's his teammates' abilities to translate his advice on the floor, NOT Garnett. If O'Neal and Wallace were out of shape, that is NOT Garnett's fault. He can tell and show them the finer points of playing the game, but he cannot and should not tell them how to eat or get on the thread mill. He was their teammate, not their dad. If Fab Melo is not NBA ready, that doesn't mean Garnett didn't take him under his wing while he was in Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If BBD was getting significant PT pre Garnett knee injury, then a good part of it had to be garbage minutes... Wasnt that the season we came off a title and the C's started out 27-2 and blowing everyone away??

Fact is BBD was a "project" until KG went down... then he became a stud on the team over night and in particular, the playoffs... BBD wasnt a stud and wasnt played like a stud prior... indicating we had a talented 4-5 on the team that usually wasnt in the game during prime time..

Heck, many story lines were shocked at how good BBD was playing... where did this come from??? Did BBD suddenly begin injecting 50298203985gms of steroids??? nah, nobody knew the guy was that good... nobody, including his coach.

The point about marquis is right on too... I remember specifically a game where Daniels was on fire (which happened a few times for us)/// inside, outside, 3pt plays the old fashion way.. all happening in the first half of a game... then that was it, he never came off the bench again until it didnt matter anymore..

From all I've seen, I dont think Doc is a good coach either.. for many, many reasons.. I wish I could say otherwise.. Now that we stumbled into a good thing with ROndo going down... Im afraid Doc will tinker again and mess up what he was lucky to fall into..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Welcome Shavlik  to the C's , good luck getting any playing time with Doc Rivers. For advice I would call Steamer , Krystic , Semi and Harangody .They will all tell you about how to avoid slivers seating on Doc's bench. They will also tell you to be carefull in practice and look out for Garenetts elbows to the head. I would not pack to much and pay your rent by the month, not many white guys have lasted to long in Aingeville.

I think Doc thought you were the other Randolph,did he looked surprized when he greated you the first time?

Take care and have your agent keep looking for a real team that you might get playing time with. I would suggest the Western Conference.

Run

I knew oldracist would turn up when we got another white guy on the team.He`s taking a short break from the Klan meeting to share his wisdom.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

If BBD was getting significant PT pre Garnett knee injury, then a good part of it had to be garbage minutes... Wasnt that the season we came off a title and the C's started out 27-2 and blowing everyone away??

Fact is BBD was a "project" until KG went down... then he became a stud on the team over night and in particular, the playoffs... BBD wasnt a stud and wasnt played like a stud prior... indicating we had a talented 4-5 on the team that usually wasnt in the game during prime time..

Heck, many story lines were shocked at how good BBD was playing... where did this come from??? Did BBD suddenly begin injecting 50298203985gms of steroids??? nah, nobody knew the guy was that good... nobody, including his coach.

The point about marquis is right on too... I remember specifically a game where Daniels was on fire (which happened a few times for us)/// inside, outside, 3pt plays the old fashion way.. all happening in the first half of a game... then that was it, he never came off the bench again until it didnt matter anymore..

From all I've seen, I dont think Doc is a good coach either.. for many, many reasons.. I wish I could say otherwise.. Now that we stumbled into a good thing with ROndo going down... Im afraid Doc will tinker again and mess up what he was lucky to fall into..

When you celebrate a player`s injury , you expose yourself as a jerk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

And your point is??

Shavlik has a career 2 points per game and 8 minutes per game for 8 years in the NBA....BEFORE he signed for the Celtics. All of a sudden he's going to play 40 minutes per game with the Cs??

Please oldschool, Stop the hate against all black players.

Steve

i don't particularly agree with the post made by run, but HOW ON EARTH did he "hate on ALL black players?"  he mentioned garnett's proclivity to elbow people in the head.

from my point of view doc has screwed up not only white big men but MANY black ones.  for example, brandon bass, jerLame O'neal and glen davis were all victims of doc's various sundry "ROLE BLENDER" for lack of better term.  o'neal and bass had various parts of their games from "post up" to their ENTIRE OFFENSIVE GAME surgically removed by blockhead-dock and glen davis was subject to an ENDLESS ASSORTMENT of puerile passive aggressive hatred on the part of doc.

for AINGE'S share of culpability in screwing this team to the wall with POOR BIG MAN ROSTER DECISIONS, he signed a SERIES of WASHED UP BIGS for too many years- shack o'neal and rasheed wallass and in wallass' case, the SECOND YEAR of his contract REMAINED ON THE BOOKS while HE WAS ON VACATION, effectively MURDERING our mid level exception under the NEW CBA!!!! 

this team has at once SCREWED white and black big men and SCREWED ITSELF by signing washed up black big men and counting on too much from them and they ended up being broken down old horses.

i mention their races because you started in about race.  it's obvious to me that this team has screwed up WITH ANY BIG MAN- does not matter if they are PURPLE, RED, BLACK, or WHITE

your post is dishonest .run has showed his racism over and over again thro the years , and you  know it .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

And your point is??

Shavlik has a career 2 points per game and 8 minutes per game for 8 years in the NBA....BEFORE he signed for the Celtics. All of a sudden he's going to play 40 minutes per game with the Cs??

Please oldschool, Stop the hate against all black players.

Steve

i don't particularly agree with the post made by run, but HOW ON EARTH did he "hate on ALL black players?"  he mentioned garnett's proclivity to elbow people in the head.

from my point of view doc has screwed up not only white big men but MANY black ones.  for example, brandon bass, jerLame O'neal and glen davis were all victims of doc's various sundry "ROLE BLENDER" for lack of better term.  o'neal and bass had various parts of their games from "post up" to their ENTIRE OFFENSIVE GAME surgically removed by blockhead-dock and glen davis was subject to an ENDLESS ASSORTMENT of puerile passive aggressive hatred on the part of doc.

for AINGE'S share of culpability in screwing this team to the wall with POOR BIG MAN ROSTER DECISIONS, he signed a SERIES of WASHED UP BIGS for too many years- shack o'neal and rasheed wallass and in wallass' case, the SECOND YEAR of his contract REMAINED ON THE BOOKS while HE WAS ON VACATION, effectively MURDERING our mid level exception under the NEW CBA!!!! 

this team has at once SCREWED white and black big men and SCREWED ITSELF by signing washed up black big men and counting on too much from them and they ended up being broken down old horses.

i mention their races because you started in about race.  it's obvious to me that this team has screwed up WITH ANY BIG MAN- does not matter if they are PURPLE, RED, BLACK, or WHITE

this is getting ugly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

so i'm sorry for merely responding to your statement that doc runs a meritocracy and pointing out that he doesn't?  if i'm off topic, aren't you the one who brought it off topic with the original meritocracy statement?!

I will amend my statement to "if a guy deserves to play, he will play, regardless of color" if that will suit you better.  A smart guy like you should be able to infer my meaning anyway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I will amend my statement to "if a guy deserves to play, he will play, regardless of color" if that will suit you better.  A smart guy like you should be able to infer my meaning anyway.

I agree that the best athlete regardless of color/race/ethnicity etc. should play.  But, if Randolph sits on the bench according to the following stats, I can see why.

"Randolph averaged 32.0 points, 14.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.7 steals per game with the Foshan Long Lions of the Chinese Basketball League. He was not as successful in the NBA, where he played a total of 95 games for five different teams, logging career averages of 2.4 points and 2.4 rebounds in 8.2 minutes per game."

I just don't see his value to us because as a 6'10" player I would want more rebounds(10 at least).

OK Guys too many heated arguments in this discussion so how about some levity. Do you think Doc would have played Chris Andersen, aka "The Birdman", whose body is multi-colored. Seems SF 49ers like multi colored guys as Colin Kaepernick came within 5 yards of a SB win.