Doc will not play Shavlik Randolph ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Doc will not play Shavlik Randolph ??

Well, kudos to Danny for bringing him in; kudos to Concord for saying it straight; kudos to SteveKubersky for having a screen name very close to that of a former Celtic (Steve Kuberski) that Randloph reminds me of somewhat (Kuberski was a far better all around player). In any case, he's got that intangible to get the ball under the rim and he brings energy. Hopefully he can keep consistent and bring that to the rotation. I also read that he understands the team's defensive rotations, which would be great since both Bass and Wilcox are not the greatest with weakside (help) rotation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In 2009, it was Patrick O'Bryant.

Sheed in 2010.

Shaq in 2011.

Wilcox in 2012.

This season, Darko.

You really think Ainge didn't try to experiment?

Again, the Celts had no money available the past 5 years because of salary cap restrictions.

Fierce maybe be wrong sometimes (or going crazy on Ray) but here he is right! Ainge tried a lot of bigs, unfortunately no one worked out. There are even players missing in his list like Kristic and Semih (or whatever his name was).  Just look at the money players like Humphries (or Perkins) receive and you know how difficult it is, to hire a decent big.

Ane before you become crazy about Chris Anderson (cause of the game highlights), his  3.2 rebounds are really impressing.

GP  MP   FG% RPG APG BLKPG STLPG PFPG TOPG PPG 

32 13.5 .576   3.2   0.3   0.9    0.4      2.2    0.5    4.2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Well, kudos to Danny for bringing him in; kudos to Concord for saying it straight; kudos to SteveKubersky for having a screen name very close to that of a former Celtic (Steve Kuberski) that Randloph reminds me of somewhat (Kuberski was a far better all around player). In any case, he's got that intangible to get the ball under the rim and he brings energy. Hopefully he can keep consistent and bring that to the rotation. I also read that he understands the team's defensive rotations, which would be great since both Bass and Wilcox are not the greatest with weakside (help) rotation.

Kuberski and Hank the man Finkel are my two all time favourite bench men. It was a toss up between those guys for my screen name, but I think someone else took Hank's name. I would give up my iPad to have those two in their prime playing for the Cs again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

wHEN Fierce fungus said, I'm smoking stuff because celtics cannot afford a center, well this is a classic move that they should have done long before. No money? then experiment the cheapest way you can until you find gold.

I remember Powe & big baby used to be in the same bench. Giving Randolph a chance, they might have found an american idol. But ...we can't tell, could be a fluke or maybe real until he shows consistency.

How about PLAYING Shavlik with some consistency so he gets a chance to SHOW some consistency.

Docs guiding build-on-success coaching principle#1...... "Hmmmmm... Now 'something' worked last time we played these guys, didn't it??? Why not try 'it'again!"

Principle#2..... "Shavlik???? What's a Shavlik? A newbie? Okay. I knew that."

Pud

I know. I mean Randolph is 29 and every team in the NBA passed on him and no coach that he has  had in the NBA has ever played him.

But all the other GMS that passed on him and all the other coaches that never played him get a free ride, its just Doc that is stupid.

Great point.

Anyway, Excellent game by Randolph.

As one of the people that had no idea Randolph was capable of anything.  I think watching in the games he has played he has a real chance to continue. Offensive rebounding and hustle are something that players never lose. His passing and shooting skills appear to be decent as well.  Next to Garnett if he comes back will be interesting. 

I think he has a chance to continue playing well for certain.

My comment was directed at Pud for bashing Rivers for not playing much yet.

No coach has played him much and he has been around for 8 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

Kuberski and Hank the man Finkel are my two all time favourite bench men. It was a toss up between those guys for my screen name, but I think someone else took Hank's name. I would give up my iPad to have those two in their prime playing for the Cs again.

Finkel was the first autograph I ever got when I was a kid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Finkel was the first autograph I ever got when I was a kid.

Mine was Yaz............but I always thougt if Finkel was just......THAT much better, he could have prolonged Cowens' career a few more years!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

wHEN Fierce fungus said, I'm smoking stuff because celtics cannot afford a center, well this is a classic move that they should have done long before. No money? then experiment the cheapest way you can until you find gold.

I remember Powe & big baby used to be in the same bench. Giving Randolph a chance, they might have found an american idol. But ...we can't tell, could be a fluke or maybe real until he shows consistency.

How about PLAYING Shavlik with some consistency so he gets a chance to SHOW some consistency.

Docs guiding build-on-success coaching principle#1...... "Hmmmmm... Now 'something' worked last time we played these guys, didn't it??? Why not try 'it'again!"

Principle#2..... "Shavlik???? What's a Shavlik? A newbie? Okay. I knew that."

Pud

I know. I mean Randolph is 29 and every team in the NBA passed on him and no coach that he has  had in the NBA has ever played him.

But all the other GMS that passed on him and all the other coaches that never played him get a free ride, its just Doc that is stupid.

Great point.

Anyway, Excellent game by Randolph.

As one of the people that had no idea Randolph was capable of anything.  I think watching in the games he has played he has a real chance to continue. Offensive rebounding and hustle are something that players never lose. His passing and shooting skills appear to be decent as well.  Next to Garnett if he comes back will be interesting. 

I think he has a chance to continue playing well for certain.

My comment was directed at Pud for bashing Rivers for not playing much yet.

No coach has played him much and he has been around for 8 years.

Will Randolph continue and play like last night?  Of course it is unlikely, what is possible is he can take the void here on the Celtics and do something because he has never had this type of opportunity.  If Garnett were to come back Randolph would have to concentrate on the rebounding and staying in the middle.  That gives him a chance to play in a situation he has never had before.

He is 29, from a basketball family,  his experiences I think help him understand the chance he has right now.  Shav rebound nobody on this team likes to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He definitely had himself an inspired game last night, but how often can we really expect another performance like that from him?  C's need his rebounding; any scoring from him is gravy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Mine was Yaz............but I always thougt if Finkel was just......THAT much better, he could have prolonged Cowens' career a few more years!

Aye, there's the rub. If Henry was that much better, it's highly unlikely the Cs would have been able to get Cowens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Aye, there's the rub. If Henry was that much better, it's highly unlikely the Cs would have been able to get Cowens.

Yes, but even after they got Silas, Henry was still not that good.  Hondo got more rebounds than Henry!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Randolph got a little bit of Daubach in him 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Yes, but even after they got Silas, Henry was still not that good.  Hondo got more rebounds than Henry!

Ah yes Paul Silas! I don't know of too many lineups better than them when he comes in and Havlicek moves back at guard, topping the line up off with JoJo White, Don Nelson, and Cowens. Awesome two-way lineup it was.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to soups' comment:

He definitely had himself an inspired game last night, but how often can we really expect another performance like that from him?  C's need his rebounding; any scoring from him is gravy.

He does not seem to have the physical presence.  But he seems to have a very nice head for the game.  He should be a definite upgrade over Ryan Hollins.  Lets see him do well against second stringers a few more times.  That will be telling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

End of the bench players don't  play regardless of color - it's ability.

The guy is a career 2.4  2.4 guy, and will be lucky to get Collins' minutes.

I am shocked this guy even has a place on the bench. I hope Doc had a good reason.  He stinks.

Look I how stupid I was a month ago. Hopefully Shavlik will continue to prove people like me wrong on Sunday and beyond.   Who knows these things happen and Doc has to use him.

Its not a matter of being stupid, I mean the guy comes from china ...

I think its just a matter of being in the right place and right timing...

and clearly shows that the Celts have some very good talent scouts...

but I agree..keep proving us wrong!!!lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The argument that all the other GMs passed on him, therefore he has to stink...is really not a good argument. The gold standard is how is the guy playing???  Randolph is playing well for us and to this point, all the other GMs were wrong!!

Another case in point is Kenyon Martin.  Many felt since he hung around looking for a job for so long with no takers, he must be washed up. All the GMs are passing on him and, of course, they always know better than anyone else. Guess what? They were all wrong again, including DA!!

Randolph has played well and hopefully Doc doesnt screw it up by not getting the guy the minutes hes earned.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

No one notice that Randolph is a hard nose banging hard too!! He's young and big, the 2nd coming of LAIMBEER?  ---- I HOPE!

We need to intimidate the Miami machine...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Take care and have your agent keep looking for a real team that you might get playing time with. I would suggest the Western Conference."

Umm - I'd suggest the Western Conference for you run. You don't belong here. 

Randolph has been playing, making you look like a fool. 

Your predudicial junk is just that - junk, and it's more obvious now than ever. 

The most ludicrous thing you have asserted is that "Darko has game." He has NO game.He is consistently listed as one of the biggest draft busts of all time, such as in this piece: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19430009/top-25-biggest-draft-busts-from-darko-to-weis-and-screwups-in-between

Where he shows up as number one. And you're surprised some teams avoid such players.

He asked to be cut and no one has heard from him since. He did not have a single good season in the NBA.  He couldn't fit in on the T Wolves who have no problem playing Kevin Love. You're a lost soul. Now go lose yourself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Want PT.... ??? try the old jersey switch-a-ru

In response to Karllost's comment:

Randolph has played well and hopefully Doc doesnt screw it up by not getting the guy the minutes hes earned.

Randolph might try  switching to another jersey for a while, one unused and needing a bit of rehab.... say... jersey  #9.

I guarantee that doc's heart will turn to goo and SRan will get more than his share of minutes, earned or otherwise... even at crunch time.

Can't hurt.

Pud

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Come on, let us not getting crazy after an handfull of minutes. This guy is almost 30 years old and played in China. He is neither young nor Bill Laimbeer.

He seems like an intelligent guy with the will to take his last chance, though. Hope he has the athleticism for the league. Remember that Atlanta played with their 3rd string center.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Come on, let us not getting crazy after an handfull of minutes. This guy is almost 30 years old and played in China. He is neither young nor Bill Laimbeer.

He seems like an intelligent guy with the will to take his last chance, though. Hope has the athleticism for the league. Remember that Atlanta played with their 3rd string center.

That's what people around here do.. they change their mind from game to game.

Randoplh did have a great game and I have hope that he can become a servicable big for the Celtics.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

He seems like an intelligent guy with the will to take his last chance, though. Hope has the athleticism for the league. Remember that Atlanta played with their 3rd string center.

That's what people around here do.. they change their mind from game to game.

Randoplh did have a great game and I have hope that he can become a servicable big for the Celtics.

Even though there is a lot of fighting here we all know what we see when watching basketball.  Randolph can play.

Randolph is dedicated to rebounding right now and is good around the basket and can score when given easy shots.  There is nothing to fight about until he stops playing well.  There is not doubt what you saw in his last two or three games shows a very effective player, who is exactly what we need with or without Garnett. Leave it at that. My eyes saw a player, by the way he is 29, hardly old by NBA standards.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

No one notice that Randolph is a hard nose banging hard too!! He's young and big, the 2nd coming of LAIMBEER?  ---- I HOPE!

We need to intimidate the Miami machine...

2nd coming of Bill Laimbeer?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's what I hope!  I don't mind him to be the 3RD COMING OF RICK MAHORN TOO - THE BADDEST THE BETTER AGAINST MIAMI