Doc will not play Shavlik Randolph ??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Doc will not play Shavlik Randolph ??

In response to soups's comment:

He definitely had himself an inspired game last night, but how often can we really expect another performance like that from him?  C's need his rebounding; any scoring from him is gravy.

Agree.  He definitely deserves more playing time until the end of the season.   Doc at least has to give him a chance to see how much he can contribute during this time.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I got to meet and talk with Hank during halftime of a game in the old garden back in the mid 80's.....he was one of the nicest and most humble professional athletes I have ever met..!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Well, I have to leave now Fungus-I have to catch a flight to Quebec, don't screw up the thread - I like Randolph -- maybe there is hope.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Come on, let us not getting crazy after an handfull of minutes. This guy is almost 30 years old and played in China. He is neither young nor Bill Laimbeer.

He seems like an intelligent guy with the will to take his last chance, though. Hope has the athleticism for the league. Remember that Atlanta played with their 3rd string center.

That's what people around here do.. they change their mind from game to game.

Randoplh did have a great game and I have hope that he can become a servicable big for the Celtics.

Even though there is a lot of fighting here we all know what we see when watching basketball.  Randolph can play.

Randolph is dedicated to rebounding right now and is good around the basket and can score when given easy shots.  There is nothing to fight about until he stops playing well.  There is not doubt what you saw in his last two or three games shows a very effective player, who is exactly what we need with or without Garnett. Leave it at that. My eyes saw a player, by the way he is 29, hardly old by NBA standards.

I just said that he had a good game and I hope he can become a serviciable big man.

I know that is What Randolph hopes. I am not being sarcastic but I am pretty sure servicable to me means very effective to you.

We aren't saying anything different.  I just am not using hyperbole, the guy has been injury prone and a diissapointment at every level since high school.

I just want to see it over a few weeks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Come on, let us not getting crazy after an handfull of minutes. This guy is almost 30 years old and played in China. He is neither young nor Bill Laimbeer.

He seems like an intelligent guy with the will to take his last chance, though. Hope has the athleticism for the league. Remember that Atlanta played with their 3rd string center.

That's what people around here do.. they change their mind from game to game.

Randoplh did have a great game and I have hope that he can become a servicable big for the Celtics.

Even though there is a lot of fighting here we all know what we see when watching basketball.  Randolph can play.

Randolph is dedicated to rebounding right now and is good around the basket and can score when given easy shots.  There is nothing to fight about until he stops playing well.  There is not doubt what you saw in his last two or three games shows a very effective player, who is exactly what we need with or without Garnett. Leave it at that. My eyes saw a player, by the way he is 29, hardly old by NBA standards.

I just said that he had a good game and I hope he can become a serviciable big man.

I know that is What Randolph hopes. I am not being sarcastic but I am pretty sure servicable to me means very effective to you.

We aren't saying anything different.  I just am not using hyperbole, the guy has been injury prone and a diissapointment at every level since high school.

I just want to see it over a few weeks.

I don't think I have ever had a gripe with you on anything you have said you are as good a poster as anyone here.  I think semantics often lead to misunderstandings.  Randolph played better than serviceable on Friday.  Can he do it more than once we will see.  I watched him move and stay around the basket and he is playing like no other big man we have had.  If he gets pushed out by better big men he will be exposed and we will still have our big man problem.

Garnett coming back will be the other factor. Randolph may stink tonight or the next and Doc should keep using him until we know who he really is. I have a feeling this guy is a real player, he is smart and comes from a basketball family.   Of course he could be Cinderalla all over again and midnight will tick and he will be an afterthought. I hope not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In 2009, it was Patrick O'Bryant.

Sheed in 2010.

Shaq in 2011.

Wilcox in 2012.

This season, Darko.

You really think Ainge didn't try to experiment?

1) ainge "tried" by signing fat boi sheed to TWO YEARS at mid level exception money- sheed sucked on a compressed air tank all summer long before year 1 and made himself into a broken down old fat horse.

by the end of year 1 fat boi sheed needed time off to go on weight watchers and have back therapy.  because AINGE TRIED SO HARD SIGNING HIM OVERLAPPING INTO A NEW C.B.A. at what was then OVER mid level, nobody wanted sheed's contract.  net result = ainge signs a stiff who gives us 1/4 season worth of effort for 2 years of pay.....

"TRYING" is not a passport to success and repeatedly trying ill advised things is called "doing a bad job"

2) DARKO MILICIC- ainge tried and DID bring in a SUPER CHEAP capable #5 and then watched as doc drove him out of town, nay state and country by not playing him.  GM's have "M" as part of their titles.- MANAGE- as in when you see something going horribly wrong you provide some management of the situation......  ??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Sheed in 2010.

Shaq in 2011.

Wilcox in 2012.

This season, Darko.

1) ainge "tried" by signing fat boi sheed to TWO YEARS at mid level exception money- sheed sucked on a compressed air tank all summer long before year 1 and made himself into a broken down old fat horse.

by the end of year 1 fat boi sheed needed time off to go on weight watchers and have back therapy.  because AINGE TRIED SO HARD SIGNING HIM OVERLAPPING INTO A NEW C.B.A. at what was then OVER mid level, nobody wanted sheed's contract.  net result = ainge signs a stiff who gives us 1/4 season worth of effort for 2 years of pay.....

"TRYING" is not a passport to success and repeatedly trying ill advised things is called "doing a bad job"

2) DARKO MILICIC- ainge tried and DID bring in a SUPER CHEAP capable #5 and then watched as doc drove him out of town, nay state and country by not playing him.  GM's have "M" as part of their titles.- MANAGE- as in when you see something going horribly wrong you provide some management of the situation......  ??

]

Darko quit after about 5 games.

Boo Hoo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Sheed in 2010.

Shaq in 2011.

Wilcox in 2012.

This season, Darko.

]

Darko quit after about 5 games.

Boo Hoo.

Clearly doc drove the future hall of famer from Boston. You can't blame Darko. He has been succesful everywhere he has been in the NBA. Sure Rick Adleman told Khan Darko had to go but that wasn't because he thought Darko was too good and he didn't want the pressure of all that talent. 

Just look at some of the coaches Darko has played for. 

Larry brown.

Rick Adleman 

Stan Vun Gundy. 

Doc Rivers. 

All drove Darko the great out of town. Amazing the number of stupid coaches in this league. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

So how about the game against Cleveland tonight???? The guy has potential for the worst rebounding team in the NBA. And the worst team on interior defense. While he is working hard getting rebounds the rest of the team is gone. There he is by himself fighting off 2-4 players. Not bad for somebody that has never really had a chance to prove himself. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

So how about the game against Cleveland tonight???? The guy has potential for the worst rebounding team in the NBA. And the worst team on interior defense. While he is working hard getting rebounds the rest of the team is gone. There he is by himself fighting off 2-4 players. Not bad for somebody that has never really had a chance to prove himself. 

16 and 7 in 13 minutes of playing time is more productivity than the celtics have seen at the center spot since perhaps robert parish kicking vlade divac's rear end back in '92 or '93

Sections
Shortcuts