DOC:"i'm getting sick and tired of being sick and tired of CRITICISM..wyc told me i was just another contract asset like Pierce+KG".. thoughts?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: DOC:

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

poor doc, jabro fans have to move on! ITS A POWER AND EGO ISSUE. many are just ticked that doc dared to leave on his own terms or expressed any dissatisfaction AFTER nine freakin years! the writin was on the wall,  wasnt crazy about rebuilding INITIALLY. was considering taking a year off and wondered aloud if there were other options.. so what? teams look around at their options, y not others in the same position like doc? he NEVER demanded a trade, never said he wouldnt work, never challenged the legality of his contract nor did he just walk away and rudely started other negotiations like tons of college colleges or pro guys like nick saban.

he was HONEST with ainge and his employers. get me out of here if u can, if u cant no problem. if no rebuild, if certain kg and pp are back, no doubt doc would have no issues! DA knowing he could get a first, pounced with full support of wyc and ownership. according to doc (and i believe him), wyc told him point blank in a meeting that he wasnt crazy about paying him 7m to rebuild and if he could land him elsewhere he would.. so again, y is it all on doc? had doc sat there like a jabro, DA would have been taking his shots and throwing his name all over his place to even teams like the bobcats.

in retrospect, if DA could have sent doc to the nets along with kg and pp (with more discretion), i'm sure he would have. oh well... not blaming either guy. doc still says "we" when talking about the celts. its just biz, see doc same way i see pp and kg!

Agree.  Good post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Bumped

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Commy, can you keep it simple with your thread subjects? Is kinda annoying specially for tablet users. Thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

poor doc, jabro fans have to move on! ITS A POWER AND EGO ISSUE. many are just ticked that doc dared to leave on his own terms or expressed any dissatisfaction AFTER nine freakin years! the writin was on the wall,  wasnt crazy about rebuilding INITIALLY. was considering taking a year off and wondered aloud if there were other options.. so what? teams look around at their options, y not others in the same position like doc? he NEVER demanded a trade, never said he wouldnt work, never challenged the legality of his contract nor did he just walk away and rudely started other negotiations like tons of college colleges or pro guys like nick saban.

he was HONEST with ainge and his employers. get me out of here if u can, if u cant no problem. if no rebuild, if certain kg and pp are back, no doubt doc would have no issues! DA knowing he could get a first, pounced with full support of wyc and ownership. according to doc (and i believe him), wyc told him point blank in a meeting that he wasnt crazy about paying him 7m to rebuild and if he could land him elsewhere he would.. so again, y is it all on doc? had doc sat there like a jabro, DA would have been taking his shots and throwing his name all over his place to even teams like the bobcats.

in retrospect, if DA could have sent doc to the nets along with kg and pp (with more discretion), i'm sure he would have. oh well... not blaming either guy. doc still says "we" when talking about the celts. its just biz, see doc same way i see pp and kg!

I'm not sure how i feel about Doc saying this YET. I'll need some time to decompress and think about how I feel. HA! F-HIM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I agree, Doc never demanded, he just politely asked, and maybe with a little threat to go to the broadcast booth.  I think most can move on now, bringing it back only hurts Doc more every time it happens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc using he said/ she said... if he had any class he'd keep his big mouth shut and let others do the yapping... but this is what liars do.. t

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

"The lady doc doth protest too much, methinks" from Hamlet, Act III.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The front office  said that if doc wasnt asking we wouldnt be having this conversation. DA told doc we are rebuilding and doc didnt want to put in the work. Like Bill Simmons said he quit on us. At that point the cs tried to get a 1st pick out of him and I agree with wyc, he shouldnt pay $7 mill per year to coach a rebuiling team.  Doc has also shown in the past that hes not very good in that capacity. 

No matter what happended, we were gonna be sad this year or the next. At least this way we got 4 #1's out of it.

PP and KG can actually play for a title too. That is gonna be some team. People are sleeping on that starting lineup.  Uve got an all stars at every position.Uve got shooting at every spot.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"many are just ticked that doc dared to leave on his own terms or expressed any dissatisfaction "

My issue with Doc is that he has said totally contradictory things. 

Face it, if you look at the quotes, he is all over the place. He brought a lot of this on himself. He signed a long term deal and then decided he didn't want to be in rebuilding mode. But he would have stayed on if needed. 

That's not such a hard thing for him to say and stick to. But no - instead he has been all over the place, implying Danny pushed him out then saying he wanted to chase a ring, etc. If he had the guts to own his decision that would have helped a lot. I have no problem doc dared to leave. i do have a problem he hasn't owned his decision.

For a guy as media-savvy as Doc, he's handled all of this really poortly. Of course saying he was a Celtic for life a couple years ago didn't help either. 

It will all be fine in the long run but Doc made a media victim out of himself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't care why he left, or who's fault it was, i'm just glad he's gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Now he's trying some revisionist history with Simmons...good luck and farewell in LaLa Land, Doc!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

F Him. Wait, maybe I shoulda taken more time to think about how I feel...OK............... F Him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

Re: DOC:Somebody help me

Can somebody talk to me like I'm a 5 year old.

Danny has 2 first round picks in 2014 a very deep draft, Which if the the C's are bad enough one could turn out to be a lottery pick.

BOS. / BRKLYN  1st round

Two more in 2015 . He has Celts and the LA Clippers choice for Doc then in 2016 he has the Celts and the 1st round and the Brklyn 1st.

Plus what he will get for Rondo.

Thats a lot to add to Sullinger, Green, Olynyk and who ever else they deciced to keep.

Celts contenders by 2016 ???? Thats a fearly quick  turn around when you consider we waited 22 years before the big three.

Sections
Shortcuts