Doc's excuses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Doc's excuses

So... The latest has Doc trying to grab Big Baby Davis. When Doc was in Boston, he insinuated that he didnt like playing small ball but blamed the lack of size. Now that he has a couple of legit bigs, he wants to play small ball, or so it seems. I would give doc the benefit of the doubt while he was with Boston, now I just feel this guy is made up of excuses preparing for a possible playoff exit. What are your thoughts on this one? and by the way i am surprised Big Baby has chosen LA when I think he had more playing time waiting in NJ...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Doc's excuses

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Doc isn't happy about the backup bigs he's got.

Mullens ended a bust.

Hollins is not good enough.

Come on, it's not like the Clips gave up a 1st round pick or a 2nd round pick for Glen Davis.

The Clips got him for free!

Not debating how Davis price. Mullens was a decent player in another team then for Doc he aint enough. Doc rules are intriguing. He is full of excuses and its a fact

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Not debating how Davis price. Mullens was a decent player in another team then for Doc he aint enough. Doc rules are intriguing. He is full of excuses and its a fact

I don't think the Clips signing Big Baby is making excuses.

Come on, Big Baby is an upgrade over Hollins and Mullens.

I have a hard time letting this one go. We will review it when the season is over and if LA doesnt win.  :-)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I have a hard time letting this one go. We will review it when the season is over and if LA doesnt win.  :-)

The Clips will not win a championship.

They might make it to the Finals, but I think they'll lose to Miami or Indy.

Say what you want about Doc.

But look at what Doc has done for the careers of Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan this season.

Oh yea, i was a fan, not anymore.. Am glad he aint a celtic coach

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Mullens ended a bust.

Come on, it's not like the Clips gave up a 1st round pick or a 2nd round pick for Glen Davis.

I thought Doc hated BB and BB hated Doc. Oh well let's not let that stand in the way of our winning another championship together. NOT!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

Mullens ended a bust.

I thought Doc hated BB and BB hated Doc. Oh well let's not let that stand in the way of our winning another championship together. NOT!

+1. I dont get it either. ..Doc will ALWAYS bail out with an average team..its like Spoelstra (Pat RIley actually)...and that I have a problem with..the need of stars is never enough for these two particularly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

mullens was a 'decent' player for the pellykans who were a terrible team.  and mullens was not a good player for them- mind you- he HAD and HAS potential but is addled with terrible shot selection and inconsistency.  i don't think mullens s-h@t 40% for he pelikuns.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

mullens was a 'decent' player for the pellykans who were a terrible team.  and mullens was not a good player for them- mind you- he HAD and HAS potential but is addled with terrible shot selection and inconsistency.  i don't think mullens s-h@t 40% for he pelikuns.

You still haven't addressed the "cool" relationship Doc & Davis had ... All of a sudden they are gonna "get along?"

Right. He blamed Doc for Davis not having a good career. Now Davis gets dumped by Orlando and who wants him?

Doc.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

Mullens ended a bust.

+1. I dont get it either. ..Doc will ALWAYS bail out with an average team..its like Spoelstra (Pat RIley actually)...and that I have a problem with..the need of stars is never enough for these two particularly.

and definitely add Ray Allen to this list as well. I'm starting to wonder if Allen shoots his way out of Miami to a contender if King James decides to leave.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Doc made a whipping boy out of BBD because he didn't have the sack to confront his real  tormentor... the one that could do no wrong... the one who pouted and  dropped f-bombs on him... his golden boy.

But the doc-BBD conflict was strictly situational and could easily change, given that doc is a total weenie.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Doc made a whipping boy out of BBD because he didn't have the sack to confront his real  tormentor... the one that could do no wrong... the one who pouted and  dropped f-bombs on him... his golden boy.

But the doc-BBD conflict was strictly situational and could easily change, given that doc is a total pud.

Weenie

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

But the doc-BBD conflict was strictly situational and could easily change, given that doc is a total weenie.

Pud

It is true.

Rondo is to blame for Doc's relationship with Davis.

Rondo also caused Danny Ainges wife to stop having intercourse with him for three months last winter.

Rondo also farted and blamed in on your dog.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

But, even in a terrible team, I remember Doc's infatuation with this guy mostly because he would torch the C's..now he is chopped liver.. I dont believe in that theory that you are a decent player because you play for a terrible team. Either you are decent, good, great or plainly bad. He was probably making the best out of his situation but doesnt that have to do with the coach too?? Doc seems to not have any patience. If a guy does not play any good in the 2 minutes he gives them, they are out..THats Doc style.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I have been to a couple of Clips games this year.  Neither Mullens nor Jamison played in either one.

I also read where Doc and BBD texted "all the time" this year.  Let's not put all this on Doc.  Davis had a choice of where he wanted to sign.  He could have gone to his tormenter - KG, or he could have signed with the Clips - or he could have signed with someone else.

When your only big off the bench is Hollins......please, you want an upgrade. 

And, I'm not a Davis fan by ANY means, but if he'll shut up and play, and not think he's better than DJ or Blake, then he'll help them this year in the playoffs.

And, for the record, I thought BP was referring to Garnett, not Rondo.........was there a problem between Davis and Rondo?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Also - Acie........WHEN did Mullens play for the Pelicans???  I thought he came from CHA!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I have been to a couple of Clips games this year.  Neither Mullens nor Jamison played in either one.

I also read where Doc and BBD texted "all the time" this year.  Let's not put all this on Doc.  Davis had a choice of where he wanted to sign.  He could have gone to his tormenter - KG, or he could have signed with the Clips - or he could have signed with someone else.

And, I'm not a Davis fan by ANY means, but if he'll shut up and play, and not think he's better than DJ or Blake, then he'll help them this year in the playoffs.

And, for the record, I thought BP was referring to Garnett, not Rondo.........was there a problem between Davis and Rondo?

Davis will play wherever he wants, thats true and thats not what I mentioned in the thread. My dilema is Doc's style. Yes, Hollins is his backup but he is a center. Davis is a forward. Doc loves playing small ball but uses as an excuse of his teams exits to the lack of size. Now that he has Jordan, lets see what he uses as an excuse if they exit early.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Davis will play wherever he wants, thats true and thats not what I mentioned in the thread. My dilema is Doc's style. Yes, Hollins is his backup but he is a center. Davis is a forward. Doc loves playing small ball but uses as an excuse of his teams exits to the lack of size. Now that he has Jordan, lets see what he uses as an excuse if they exit early.

Oh - I agree with that.  Don't think he'll use any excuses other than injury, though.  Reddick is still out........he knows he has to beat either SAS or OKC to get to the Finals.  They SHOULD get out of the first round..........esp if Crawford comes off the bench, and Paul stays healthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Uhm, I'm not sure Doc needs to make excuses for a good signing at the league min. Davis was once a sixth man of the year candiate. He is an average offensive player and solid rebounder.  After Blake and Jordan he is the best rotation big they have. 

Grantland's Zach Lowe did a nice piece on this pickup. Besides being a solid offensive player (instead of terrible  one like Ryan Hollins) He knows Doc's defense well.  Apparently Tom Thibodeau loved big Baby. He is impossible to move in the post. Which will be good if the Clips go against memphis (Randolph kills them) or as another body to guard Dwight Howard. he has quick feet for his size and plays hard.

He's a head case but he is a solid rotational player that fits a need the Clips have. and doc got him for free. That is a good move not one to make excuses for. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Pud

Poor Pud. The trade deadline must have been bitterly dissapointing. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

You still haven't addressed the "cool" relationship Doc & Davis had ... All of a sudden they are gonna "get along?"

i would believe davis signs with the clips when i see it.  the clips may be trying to pound their chest and scare off other suitors.  doc rivers was never a coach that made sense to me.  however, maybe the horrific, epileptic-robot play of brandon bass made doc realize that davis wasn't that bad.

i don't know, i was never any good at analyzing megalomaniacs like rivers and davis, despite my enjoyment of his hustle style of play and the super glue he was to our overachieving help defense, may also trend toward megalomaniacal as well.

the question is not what do I make of this, it's what does glen davis make of it.  rivers ran him out of town on a rail in favor of a crappy solution to his role on the team that did not work out.  why davis would ever want to get near rivers again, other than to cash a paycheck, is a big question.

i also can't see a role for davis on the clippers.  flake griffin is the 4 and deanderthal is the 5.  maybe davis gets 10 to 15 clicks a night?  i would think the better move for davis would be new jersey- they have nothing to lose right now and if davis was to come in there and re-ignite the decent working relationship he had with KG and start diving all over the floor again- and that leads to NJ over-achieving in the playoffs then that would bode well for davis getting a good new contract, porcelain kirolanko be damned

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Pud

Poor Pud. The trade deadline must have been bitterly dissapointing. 

lest we forget that SHEED also showed up, and C-Cups and all could do NO WRONG even though he was not in physical condition to play in the NBA at that point.  sheed was barely in shape by the end of the year and then broke like a cheap clock in the playoffs.  all the while throughout the year, sheed's lazy indolent play lost every 15 to 25 point lead the starters built

but it was all davis' fault, doc would have you know

Sections
Shortcuts