Doc's excuses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Doc's excuses

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Also - Acie........WHEN did Mullens play for the Pelicans???  I thought he came from CHA!!

to quote don rickles- "does it really matter?"

the point is that mullens played for a toilet team.  i'm sorry i got the wrong one

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

You still haven't addressed the "cool" relationship Doc & Davis had ... All of a sudden they are gonna "get along?"

i would believe davis signs with the clips when i see it.  the clips may be trying to pound their chest and scare off other suitors.  doc rivers was never a coach that made sense to me.  however, maybe the horrific, epileptic-robot play of brandon bass made doc realize that davis wasn't that bad.

i don't know, i was never any good at analyzing megalomaniacs like rivers and davis, despite my enjoyment of his hustle style of play and the super glue he was to our overachieving help defense, may also trend toward megalomaniacal as well.

the question is not what do I make of this, it's what does glen davis make of it.  rivers ran him out of town on a rail in favor of a crappy solution to his role on the team that did not work out.  why davis would ever want to get near rivers again, other than to cash a paycheck, is a big question.

i also can't see a role for davis on the clippers.  flake griffin is the 4 and deanderthal is the 5.  maybe davis gets 10 to 15 clicks a night?  i would think the better move for davis would be new jersey- they have nothing to lose right now and if davis was to come in there and re-ignite the decent working relationship he had with KG and start diving all over the floor again- and that leads to NJ over-achieving in the playoffs then that would bode well for davis getting a good new contract, porcelain kirolanko be damned

He'd be the first big off the bench, like he was here. If Blake  plays 36 minutes a night and Jordan plays 36 minutes a night that leaves 24 minutes a game Of which baby would get a good chunk. 

Also, there will be a few games here and there one of those guys will miss due to injury. maybe more. The added depth will help the Clippers not lose ground to injuries. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

He'd be the first big off the bench, like he was here. If Blake  plays 36 minutes a night and Jordan plays 36 minutes a night that leaves 24 minutes a game Of which baby would get a good chunk. 

Also, there will be a few games here and there one of those guys will miss due to injury. maybe more. The added depth will help the Clippers not lose ground to injuries. 

last i saw flake was clocking more than 35 and deanderthal was right at 35. 

i guess there would be a role for him, but come playoff time the front office is going to pressure flake and deanderthal to get more like 40 a night.  honestly those two jabroni's have a LOT to prove- i almost cannot believe rivers took that job.  flake has wilted every playoffs and deanderthal has wilted somehow 50% harder than flake. 

i guess you could say "these kids today grow up before your very eyes" but it's been such a consistent wilting with never a step-up to the plate ANY of the years those two have been together- i mean how much longer can the clips really believe that flake "has it".  dandy all star game dunks and then a fatty like zach randolph erases him in the playoffs?  there are "issues" needless to say.

and if i was davis i wouldn't want my career getting into the middle of those issues- a wallflower 4 and a 5 who shoots 22% from FT and gets half the rebounds he does in the regular season come playoff time.

oh, and then there's doc.  who knows, maybe if chris paul can stay healthy the clips do something.  but when was doc ever known as a "big man" 's coach?  never.  in his own words he would prefer coaching things other than big men.  so there's a lot there to chew through and if i was davis i wouldn't want to hook onto a doc rivers unproven clip team with a couple of regular season barnstormers / playoff floppers like griffin and jordan

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10506639/glen-davis-sign-los-angeles-clippers

[/QUOTE]

he deserves whatever he gets.  he also deserves whatever he makes (positively) out the scenario.  but i'd be shocked if any of the latter panned out come playoff time.  unless there are injuries.

Sections
Shortcuts