Doc's Plan Foiled: Dwrat dem Pesky Minutes! Or, "So What!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Doc's Plan Foiled: Dwrat dem Pesky Minutes! Or, "So What!"

It was a good plan, again, but again it has failed.  I'm talking about the Celtic plan to limit the minutes their starters played so they would be fresh going into the playoffs. 

But it's not the usual suspects of Garnett, Allen, or Pierce succumbing to too many minutes, it is the young stud Rondo who is feeling the brunt of the pain for playing too many minutes and having his young body break down at the most inopportune time.

Taking the Belichickian approach to injury doesn't go far in hiding the fact that something is wrong with Rondo and that he is not the same player he was earlier in the season.  Bad feet, sprained ankle, blah, blah, blah, I think it's just too many minutes on those young legs and too many hard fouls knocking him to the floor, fatigue settling into those muscles, and nagging injury after nagging injury beginning to take their toll.

I wonder, now, if even resting Rondo for the next 15 games would be enough to put him back into early season shape.  When your body begins to break down because of fatigue it often takes an off season to recover.

Too many injuries did this to Doc and the C's:  it was always a calcluated gamble, and the roll of the dice went against us.

But it's not over, by a long shot, for the C's.  We won't need a healthy Rondo to win it all.  Picking up Arroyo was a big move and getting Delonte back was huge.  The Big Shamrock Diesel will soon return and Kristic and Green get more comfortable every day.

Many teams seem to be peaking right about now with a substantial number of games still to play to get into the playoffs.  Let the young'uns peak now and strut their stuff.

The Celtic's are a playoff tested team, and even if they limp into the playoffs, I'm putting my money on them to go all the way.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Doc's Plan Foiled: Dwrat dem Pesky Minutes! Or, "So What!"

I'm not a big Arroyo fan. He's never impressed me much and still hasn't with his brief with the C's. Delonte is the answer as the backup pg. He's a little rusty still, but it will wear off soon.
       Jeff Green needs to play starter minutes. With his young legs and ability to fill the lane, he's what the C's need, being a guy who can score easy baskets on the break. He's also a good half court offensive player. He's a darned good player and I'm glad he's with the C's. Doc has to play him at least 35 minutes per game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

no no, altho i agree with what hes saying, Rondo is starting to get his rest, and your starting to see a jump in his intensity. i see a jump in his speed and defense. altho he still is too hesitant to take the jumper, i think his energy is coming back

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's Plan Foiled: Dwrat dem Pesky Minutes! Or, "So What!":
    no no, altho i agree with what hes saying, Rondo is starting to get his rest, and your starting to see a jump in his intensity. i see a jump in his speed and defense. altho he still is too hesitant to take the jumper, i think his energy is coming back
    Posted by JamezHill24

jeez.  i gues lowry would have had 45 if rondo was still "tired".  multiple examples of rondo playing slobby defense last night, just like usual.  it never changes.  quick point guards vs. rondo in the half court= switcharoo he ll for the celtics when rondo gets dusted up top.

the problem with rondo is at least half in the head.  something mysterious and creepy happened when we traded the limited skills perkins away.  it was an abby normal reaction.  this IS a business and perkins went and got paid, much much more than he is worth in the new salary cap days to come and now that's OKC's problem.

we got GREAT players for this system in return- green, and krstic.  and rondo still isn't happy.  if rondo tried the same, he could get 4 more assists a night than the rest of the year with krstic's good hands on the inside.  but he isn't trying, at any facet of the game.

it's a total lack of professionalism playing out before your eyes.  the rest of these guys all have aches and pains and nagging injuries but they don't come out with a macabre persona since the perk trade.  quite the opposite, they are embracing the easier offense that krstic gives us!!!  why can't rondo be happy and do the same?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's Plan Foiled: Dwrat dem Pesky Minutes! Or, "So What!" : jeez.  i gues lowry would have had 45 if rondo was still "tired".  multiple examples of rondo playing slobby defense last night, just like usual.  it never changes.  quick point guards vs. rondo in the half court= switcharoo he ll for the celtics when rondo gets dusted up top. the problem with rondo is at least half in the head.  something mysterious and creepy happened when we traded the limited skills perkins away.  it was an abby normal reaction.  this IS a business and perkins went and got paid, much much more than he is worth in the new salary cap days to come and now that's OKC's problem. we got GREAT players for this system in return- green, and krstic.  and rondo still isn't happy.  if rondo tried the same, he could get 4 more assists a night than the rest of the year with krstic's good hands on the inside.  but he isn't trying, at any facet of the game. it's a total lack of professionalism playing out before your eyes.  the rest of these guys all have aches and pains and nagging injuries but they don't come out with a macabre persona since the perk trade.  quite the opposite, they are embracing the easier offense that krstic gives us!!!  why can't rondo be happy and do the same?
    Posted by aciemvp

Blame Pie

5% Perk Trade

5% Rondo's plantar fasciitis

90% Doc told Doc to be more aggressive going to the hole and start taking and making more of the uncontested gifts provided by the opposition everynight.

The 90% category led to Rondo doing a p oo p oo in his diaper because Doc told him he needs to be a more complete player like ummmm... point guards.  He can't and he is pouting.  "Doc I want to be a completely one dimensional player who cannot participate at one of the floor and still be considered in my own mind the best point guard in the league whah whah whah, Doc do you have a kleenex?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's Plan Foiled: Dwrat dem Pesky Minutes! Or, "So What!" : jeez.  i gues lowry would have had 45 if rondo was still "tired".  multiple examples of rondo playing slobby defense last night, just like usual.  it never changes.  quick point guards vs. rondo in the half court= switcharoo he ll for the celtics when rondo gets dusted up top. the problem with rondo is at least half in the head.  something mysterious and creepy happened when we traded the limited skills perkins away.  it was an abby normal reaction.  this IS a business and perkins went and got paid, much much more than he is worth in the new salary cap days to come and now that's OKC's problem. we got GREAT players for this system in return- green, and krstic.  and rondo still isn't happy.  if rondo tried the same, he could get 4 more assists a night than the rest of the year with krstic's good hands on the inside.  but he isn't trying, at any facet of the game. it's a total lack of professionalism playing out before your eyes.  the rest of these guys all have aches and pains and nagging injuries but they don't come out with a macabre persona since the perk trade.  quite the opposite, they are embracing the easier offense that krstic gives us!!!  why can't rondo be happy and do the same?
    Posted by aciemvp

p.s. where is the logic in being upset about trading a player that never provides him with assists when his GM just got him two players that at least theoretically be adding assists.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HIBBARD*. Show HIBBARD*'s posts

Celtics Fans Dont Panic

They just having bad month no big deal. They will be on top of the EC again dont worry. Then they will be champs again just have to stay healthy. Let give the team and Rondo a break just support them they always come through

Sections
Shortcuts