Docs plan for Jeff Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Docs plan for Jeff Green

Celtsfan4life, it is hard for me to buy into Doc and DA "protecting" themselves.  However, I do believe that you are perceived by what you do and Doc and DA took a huge gamble bringing in Shaq and JON (actually DA).  Then, even as both are out with injuries, DA trades Perkins just as he's returning thus leaving you with NONE of the centers you felt were necessary for a title run.

Imagine the amount of criticism that would be aimed at Doc and DA if, say March 1, DA had KNOWN and had announced that Shaq and/or JON would be out for the remainder of the season?  Let's make that date of annoucement March 28 (today) and you get the same result.  They both would be killed in the media.  Talk about distraction -- every player would be asked to comment for the rest of the season too.

So I do believe both Doc and DA are withholding information or being less than forthright about Shaq and JON's injuries to keep the media at bay.  And to be honest with you, I believe the PLAYERS have a sense that neither Shaq or JON will be returning and THAT has factored into their psyche after the Perk trade.

I think it's much more than the Celtics losing Perk as much as its that the players don't see either Shaq or JON returning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Green needs to get tougher...he needs to learn the system and play harder and smarter on defense...You cant reward a player that doe'nt do those things...Kirstic is trying, but he is trying my patience... Doc needs to get these guys involved because when Schack and Jon return, their minutes will be cut..so now is the time to leave them out there anf force them to develop trust in each other, even when its painfull to watch...Schack and Jon know the system and will be able to assimulate very easy..Why risk further injury on those two with 9 games to go??? I think they will play the last 4 to five games or so...I think its best to give up the seeding rather than risk injuries...its a gamble either way...but were playing for all the marbles not for the best record...remember what happened to Cleveland and Orlando....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey, interesting, albeit complicated theory.   I've told you before that your opinion is one of the more logical, but in this case, I just can't see it. 

I just don't buy the logic, my friend.  First, I separate Danny and Doc because based on Doc's reactions, I just don't think he wanted this trade.  he bought into it for the same reason the rest of us did - its good for the team over the long run.  But in the short run, it greatly reduces or risks Doc's chance to win another championship.....one that he wins with that "starting 5 that has never lost a series".   You think he came back for this??

Now for Danny, it seems to me that if Danny knew that JON and Shaq would be out or if he even THOUGHT they might be out for the rest of the season, what is the theory about why he would trade Semih?  And if he found out just a couple of days after the trade, why would Shaq continue to lie about it?   What is Shaq's motivation for lying?   And.....whatever you thought Shaq's reason might have been, what is the chances that Doc, Shaq, Danny, and JON ALL had motivations come together to conspire to lie about both Shaq and JON coming back?   

Wow - this sounds like the time earlier this year when everyone on this board said the team was lying about KG's injury and that there was more to it.   In the end it was the same thing it was with just about every other injury - they ttry to hold people out as long as they can to help them heal near 100%.  Sometimes, it is what it is and the conspiracy is not there.

maybe you're right about it......but the logic of it just doesn't hold true when looking at the motivations of Doc, Shaq, and JON.  Just my view.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Docs plan for Jeff Green:
    Petey, interesting, albeit complicated theory.   I've told you before that your opinion is one of the more logical, but in this case, I just can't see it.  I just don't buy the logic, my friend.  First, I separate Danny and Doc because based on Doc's reactions, I just don't think he wanted this trade.  he bought into it for the same reason the rest of us did - its good for the team over the long run.  But in the short run, it greatly reduces or risks Doc's chance to win another championship.....one that he wins with that "starting 5 that has never lost a series".   You think he came back for this?? Now for Danny, it seems to me that if Danny knew that JON and Shaq would be out or if he even THOUGHT they might be out for the rest of the season, what is the theory about why he would trade Semih?  And if he found out just a couple of days after the trade, why would Shaq continue to lie about it?   What is Shaq's motivation for lying?   And.....whatever you thought Shaq's reason might have been, what is the chances that Doc, Shaq, Danny, and JON ALL had motivations come together to conspire to lie about both Shaq and JON coming back?    Wow - this sounds like the time earlier this year when everyone on this board said the team was lying about KG's injury and that there was more to it.   In the end it was the same thing it was with just about every other injury - they try to hold people out as long as they can to help them heal near 100%.  Sometimes, it is what it is and the conspiracy is not there. maybe you're right about it......but the logic of it just doesn't hold true when looking at the motivations of Doc, Shaq, and JON.  Just my view.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I agree that Doc and DA are not in the same boat on this trade issue.  I put the onus on DA.

I think Danny believed, rightfully so, that Semih was NOT the answer in any way, long-term.  This guy was as injured and inconsistently in and out of the lineup too so I really don't think DA put much confidence in Semih.  Since he was traded to Cleveland, he's played in only ONE GAME.  That's why I believe DA traded Semih.

I don't think the Celtics were forthright about KG's injury 2 years ago.  That is the injury that many believe the Celtics concealed.  You kept hearing how his return date was being pushed back until it was determined once the playoffs began that he was indeed out for the season.  We're experiencing the same things with the O'Neals.

I don't think anyone is lying about injuries.  I do believe they are being less than forthright in divulging injury information.  I think Shaq and JON may believe they are returning but with Shaq mentioning getting a "shot", that tells me he knows he's not healthy.  I just think these guys know they are NOT healthy and may not return.  Like we're told on some of our posts, "be optimistic".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I just heard that Jon is traveling with the team and expected to play in San
    Antonio.  That is good news ! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, Petey, all good points.  I wonder if the Celts were just praying that KG's leg would heal and it never did....so they finally gave up and went to surgery.  Same thing with JON this year.  They had hoped for no surgery.  Finally gave up and had the surgery.

Hey,notice how many green jerseys in the crowd this game?  Lots of Celtics fans in Indiana.  happens in many arenas but there seem to be more tonight.  I'm guessing that Larry Legend got them all into being Celtics fans and they stayed that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, I'm sure the Celtics were praying that KG's leg two years ago would heal.  I just could not understand what they kept basing their estimates for his return on.

That is what I see with Shaq.  From before the All Star game, we just kept hearing that Shaq's return is coming, then it gets pushed back.  And now you're not even sure if April 5 will happen.

At some point, the medical staff should have a good idea of the guy's progress or lack thereof.

As for all the green in the Conseco Fieldhouse.  I love to see that.  Shame we could not use that to our advantage.  Oh well.  Beat SA.

Sections
Shortcuts