Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish"

I think you all might find this link to Doc's press conference interesting.  God bless him for coming out with it.  I can't believe his guys did not play their hearts out after Doc had previously taken the blame publicly for the game before.  He basically says here that all his guys are all about themselves rather than about the team.  That is more troubling to me than any injury could possibly be - except that it is more fixable.  I have to believe that with these guys it is.  Come on - our entire success these past 3.5 years was all about Ubuntu.

I realize this plays into the hands of those who think we dug our grave at the trade deadline.  Yes, it $ucks to lose Perk, but come on - do these guys no longer care about each other?  Are they just quitting on their bosses in order to prove a point?  I have loved this team and these guys too much to be able to handle seeing them turn into this...

Anyway, listen to Doc.  He's got his guys pegged.  Hopefully he finds a way to really get through to them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4682157/rivers-weve-become-very-very-selfish

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish"

Talk about selfish, pouting players complaining if things don't go their way, I wonder if Rondo is listening to daddy doc?

I wonder if any of the players are?

Grow some cajones, coach!

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

But it's not ALL on Doc. 

These are grown men and at some point they need to grow their OWN cajones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

The blame has to go on the coach and players tonight. Not substituting when you need to, keeping players in the game when they should not be, not posting up, too many jump shots, the blame goes all around, and needs to be corrected.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish":
    [QUOTE]The blame has to go on the coach and players tonight. Not substituting when you need to, keeping players in the game when they should not be, not posting up, too many jump shots, the blame goes all around, and needs to be corrected.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree.  No one gets a pass and there are really no bright spots here. 15 points in the 4th quarter with the starters playing the last 5 minutes at least?!  Giving up - what - 30 in that span?  Yeah, they should all be ashamed of themselves.  But if Doc is really correct - and for a player's coach to call out his own team on something like that I have to assume he is - that is troubling and sad.  How did they fall so far so fast?  That's a rhetorical question...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish" : Oh I agree.  No one gets a pass and there are really no bright spots here. 15 points in the 4th quarter with the starters playing the last 5 minutes at least?!  Giving up - what - 30 in that span?  Yeah, they should all be ashamed of themselves.  But if Doc is really correct - and for a player's coach to call out his own team on something like that I have to assume he is - that is troubling and sad.  How did they fall so far so fast?  That's a rhetorical question...
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

True, I think its because they were so used to a way of playing, and when it changed the players are not willing to adapt to the change. We need an dominant inside presence. I hope Shaq and JO come back real soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

if doc had any cajones, he'd call out rondo explicitly for being a pouty slouch ever since the trade.  how can a team operate with a set of standards that assumes professional competence (including FT shooting and all basic fundamentals) for 3 HOF player core and EVERYONE ELSE but not for rondo?

the heat has NEVER been put on rondo to get solid with his shot or he has to sit.  with a combined 45 years in the league, do you think pierce, ray and KG are going to take kindly to rondo then POUTING his way through WEEKS of play after the perkins trade and refusing to push the tempo, ON TOP OF BEING A FUNDAMENTAL LIABILITY?

there's only so many talkin' to's and blanket parties the players can throw on rondo to convince him that he needs to do the things he used to do and everything else will fall into place (to an extent where the team will be competitive again).

and then, when the player still doesn't get it, it's time for dock to put the manpants on and "figure out" (LOL) what ails the team.  doc, here's a hint, you might want to start with the table setter, old #9 fell off the ubumtu bus when stone hands perkins got the hook to OKC.  you'd think the dime-oriented fella would enjoy having krstic around- a #5 who can catch and shoot and has better court sense.

and then, the last possibility is that doc has reached his shelf life with this team.  he's never lasted so long with an NBA team as with this one.  and the big 3 have been good enough to cover up the warts that came out a lot sooner in ORL to fester in the daylight.  there really have been no PROBLEMS on this team until now.  this is when doc makes his legacy in my book- does he connect w/ sad faced rondo and get the TEAM back on track, or not.

i think it's legacy time right now for doc- there is no way this team should be playing like this and he's the freggin leader of the thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

They played most of the season w/o Perk, so it shouldn't be a problem now that he's gone.  There have been some bad losses this year....at home!!!!!  W T F is going on????  Man up or sit down!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

"it's my job to figure it out"

man that burns me for some reason.  maybe it's cuz we're evaporating HCA all the while doc casually goes about "figuring out" how to deal with rondo excusing himself from being a dominant player. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Kirk - I agree.  Shaq cannot get back soon enough!

Acie - Yeah, I'm as frustrated as you are.  For whatever reason, Rondo has a lot of problems right now.  And if they're continuing to go unchecked because Doc can't or won't take a firm hand with him, then there is something seriously wrong.  Whatever it is, we're going to have a hard time keeping the good players we have if it does not get fixed NOW.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Doc, why stress yourself out this way?  Just let this season wind down and get a job with the Heat next season.  Don't go down with the ship.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Doc, why stress yourself out this way?  Just let this season wind down and get a job with the Heat next season.  Don't go down with the ship.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

Not happening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Actually, you're probably right.  If I was the Heat, I wouldn't take Doc seeing how he's struggling with the Celts now and managing Rondo.  Seems like it's been Thibs who's been the brains of the show over here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

It's very easy to kick a team when they're down.  Trust me, it will happen to you when whatever team you're trolling for falls upon hard times.  And they will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Oh, the Celts don't need me, or anyone, to kick them.  They've been perfectly adept at kicking themselves.

Contrary to what you believe, I want the Celts to win their 18th but who do they have to blame for their lackluster form?  A player that got traded away?  If so, grow a pair and play like the so-called HOFs and potential HOFs you're supposed to be.  After reading that the last practice was so intense and that KG had to be dragged off the courts, they put on a putrid performance like this.

The coach and players deserve all the frustrated abuse they get right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, the Celts don't need me, or anyone, to kick them.  They've been perfectly adept at kicking themselves. Contrary to what you believe, I want the Celts to win their 18th but who do they have to blame for their lackluster form?  A player that got traded away?  If so, grow a pair and play like the so-called HOFs and potential HOFs you're supposed to be.  After reading that the last practice was so intense and that KG had to be dragged off the courts, they put on a putrid performance like this. The coach and players deserve all the frustrated abuse they get right now.

Well, if you are sincere in that last post, my apologies.  I actually agree with everything you just said.  Guess it says a lot about the Celtics' play that fans are confusing fellow fans with trolls tonight.  I'm angry too.  There was not one bright spot in that game.  This is a low point and I hope to God it doesn't get any lower.  I have to respect Doc though because he's the only one on that team who's publicly taken responsibility for his part in this.  Peace. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

No need to apologise.  I'm not a troll but am just very pissed off right now with a team that I know should be doing much better (these are supposed to be tough, playoff-tested vets who deliver in the clutch) but doesn't seem to give much of a rat's backside right now (I just took a look at CPP's recent stats and they're patently embarassing).  It really is laughable to report how intense practice was and yet they come out like this - sorry that this sounds like a broken record but one just can't hold back the cynicism.

Anyways, it's the weekend and I hope everyone can cool off and have a good one, despite the lousy end to the week the Celts have given us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]No need to apologise.  I'm not a troll but am just very pissed off right now with a team that I know should be doing much better (these are supposed to be tough, playoff-tested vets who deliver in the clutch) but doesn't seem to give much of a rat's backside right now (I just took a look at CPP's recent stats and they're patently embarassing).  It really is laughable to report how intense practice was and yet they come out like this - sorry that this sounds like a broken record but one just can't hold back the cynicism. Anyways, it's the weekend and I hope everyone can cool off and have a good one, despite the lousy end to the week the Celts have given us.

Yup, I feel exactly the same way.  They clearly don't care.  When I started watching them back in the Bird days, no one would have reported on a knock-down, drag-out practice.  We knew if they were for real based on how the actual games went.  The sad thing is, I was honestly psyched when I read that article about practice.  I'd truly thought they'd begun to put their troubles behind them, but obviously not. Honestly, we're playing like anything BUT seasoned veterans.  Who are these players and what have they done with our Celtics?!  Anyway, try not to let them spoil your weekend either.  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Home court is important but not critical. We saw that last year. The Celts went through the East without having it. And they got home court from the Lakers in the 2nd game. Then they lost it.

There are no guarantees but the Celtics have as much chance at winning the East as any other contender.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]"it's my job to figure it out" man that burns me for some reason.  maybe it's cuz we're evaporating HCA all the while doc casually goes about "figuring out" how to deal with rondo excusing himself from being a dominant player. 
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

why is it ALWAYS RONDO??? my goodness that is getting on my nerves!! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Ainge has done a very good job.  Doc is much more in contact with the team than I thought he was, he is a very good coach.  This is on the big four, when they start to play together again this team will be very good.

Sections
Shortcuts