Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish"

In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish":
    GOD, I HAD PFHUCKING HATED KENDRICK PERKINS, THE MOTHERPFHUCKER SUCKED, SUCKED SUCKED AND SUCKED AGAIN. I CAN'T SEE FOR THE PFHUCKING LIFE OF ME WHAT SOME OF YOU SAW IN THAT STIFF, STONED HAND SEIZURE GIVING WORTHLESS PLAYER. AND TO THINK THAT, THAT LITTLE $11 MILL A YEAR FRAUD TWERP THAT IS RONDO IS DOWNPLAYING HIS GAME BECAUSE OF HURT FEELINGS, I WISH JUST ONCE AN OWNER COULD TELL A PLAYER, GO PFHUCK YOURSELF AND JUST GIVE HIM THE BOOT. I KNOW ITS NOT THAT EASY BUT I JUST SO WISH THATS WHAT THEY COULD DO TO RONDO RIGHT NOW, I HATE HIM NOW. CANNOT STAND STUPID PLAYERS LIKE THAT WHO GETS THIS MUCH MONEY AND PLAYING LIKE CRAP. AND TO DOC RIVERS, I HOPE TO GOD THIS BONE HEAD ARROGANT S.O.B LEAVES AFTER THIS SEASON. YES I REALLY DO. AFTER THE TITLE, I SWEAR, DOC'S HEAD HAS GROWN A LITTLE BIGGER THINKING HE IS NOW SOME TYPE OF GURU IN BASKETBALL, THINKS HE CAN INSTILL SOME TYPE OF PHILOSOPHY THAT HE HAS CREATED BECAUSE HE'S WON A TITLE SO HE DOES ARROGANT AND UNORTHODOX THINGS. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT EVERYTIME THE CELTICS GET A LEAD, WHATEVER GROUP OR PLAYER OR PLAYERS THAT WAS DOING WELL, MAINTAINING THAT LEAD OR INCREASING IT, HE FREAKIN' STAYS WITH THE SCRIPT AND PUTS BACK THE STARTERS AND THE LEAD EVAPORATES. NOW, IT SEEMS LIKE THESE LEAD LOSSES ARE SOMEWHAT DUE TO RONDO WHEN HE KEEPS SUBBING THAT STUPID, WORTHLESS, $11 MILL A YEAR FRAUD IN. LEAVE ALREADY DOC, I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE FANS THAT GETS EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO PLAYERS, NOT FOR THE KIND OF MONEY THEY'RE MAKING, PFHUCK THEM. I SURE HOPE FRAUD RONDO GETS TRADED AND DOC LEAVES. I DON'T CARE, IM READY TO SEE A NEW TEAM START OVER BECAUSE THESE BUMS TODAY ARE A FRUSTRATING BUNCH. sorry for the caps but i was just Ranting. I didn't see the game but saw that they lossed and from the posts i see on here, its the same old story. That $11 mill FRAUD Rondo still playing pathetic and Doc continues to go with him, FOR PFHUCKING WHAT, WHY??????????
    Posted by celticsboy

Don't beat around the bush, Celticsboy.  If you have a point to make, just say it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish" : Well, if you are sincere in that last post, my apologies.  I actually agree with everything you just said.  Guess it says a lot about the Celtics' play that fans are confusing fellow fans with trolls tonight.  I'm angry too.  There was not one bright spot in that game.  This is a low point and I hope to God it doesn't get any lower.  I have to respect Doc though because he's the only one on that team who's publicly taken responsibility for his part in this.  Peace. 
    Posted by MsLithium21

my respect tank with doc is running on fumes.  we have a couple of players in green and krstic that would seem to interface with these core players very well and green seems like a "celtic" the way he goes at the game- 140% all the time and he could help bridge the gap b/t older core and getting some young, fast break easy baskets to help spell and extend the older guys' collective relevance.

so what does doc do?  yank green when he's on a roll, not play him enough and not land a boot in rondo's seat to get him to RUN WITH GREEN, who is always 5 paces ahead of anyone down the floor.

how much is green going to want to stick around after this year with an ineffective coach who wouldn't use his obvious nack for speed and hustle?  not much if this keeps up.  and it's just stupid.  rondo + green should equal 10 easy points a night max.  and green should be playing a lot more than he is.

and all of this ignores the fact that doc is flunking basic problem solving now for weeks.  the rondosulking should have been addressed after ONE GAME of it, and now it's becoming an institution on this team.  horrible coaching is all it is.  or dare i say no coaching at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish" : why is it ALWAYS RONDO??? my goodness that is getting on my nerves!! 
    Posted by JamezHill24

are you denying the malaise since the perkins trade?

WHO else is lollygagging it?

WHO else has as much influence over the ball and tempo of the game other than rondo?

WHO has taken up standing around the perimeter waving his arms like he's conducting the pops and eating up the shot clock worse than ever?

i think your answer on all of these but maybe one is rondo.

so answer me the only mystery- WHO else is lollygagging it and not giving it their all? 

question 1B- due to the lack of DOC being able to have any effect on it (rondomalaise) do you think the other players might be getting really sick of playing with a quarterback who just doesn't care? 

quetions 1C- is "just not caring" contagious or frustrating to be forced to play with? 

question 1D- do you think 3 first ballot HOF players are tired of the "rondo dearest" culture the celts have created?  i'm pretty sure i would be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish" : I will bet the ranch that Doc will NOT be back next year..............as I was watching the last 5 minutes of the game last night I looked at Doc and told my wife that he has given up.........sure enough not one sub the rest of the way and he just sat back...........I truly believe that Doc has lost the team.......after the trade he was also one that instead of picking himself up by the bootstraps was whining about the loss of Perk........if that is what the coach portrays to the team, and if they look up to their coach,,,,,, then they will exert the same sentiment.......and that is what we have seen since then.........a whoa is me approach........and that is Soft with a capital S........
    Posted by damfuno

isn't that crazy?  it's looking to be increasingly probable that doc is on line with the rollover that's going on.  i hate to burst the perkinslove bubble, but he was nothing special.  he was a very hard worker with LIMITED SKILLS who cost us 6 to 10 points a night on a consistent diet of turnovers, moving picks, blown close range shots and bricked layups.  perk was an average rebounder and an above average grinder down low.  he also verbally assasinated the refs every single play that he thought involved him- something that cost the celtics all their cred with the refs.

we got enough in return to more than make up for losing one tough guy grinder.

perk's biggest fans- explain to me the metamorphisis of perkins from really nice looking center at 13 and 9.x with almost 2 blocks through the first half of last year to a bumbling clod by the end of the year and he was rotten in the playoffs too.  dwight howard got off on us like never before.  the rebounding hit the skids.  the bumbling was at an all time high.

and this year, this team was ELITE WITHOUT ANY PERKINS for a long long time- thanks to the increased play of davis and shak.  so now we get krstic GREEN and have no shak but a resourceful coach could STILL make this a net gain if he used the new, younger, talented personnel the right way.

enter doc blithers- a guy who can't / won't use talented young personnel and apparently was a victim of perk-man-love.  rivers' legacy is not scar proof at this point.  if this team takes a dump like it is right now the rest of the way, people will remember doc was at the wheel of the SS Lollygagin-due-to-hurt-feelings.  I don't see KG with hurt feelings.  It's hard to read what's wrong with ray other than flat out over-use by 5 mins a game x 70 games = 350 floor mins.  rondo obviously is perk-sad.  and nobody has gotten to him.  especially dok.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish" : 3 my respect tank with doc is running on fumes.  we have a couple of players in green and krstic that would seem to interface with these core players very well and green seems like a "celtic" the way he goes at the game- 140% all the time and he could help bridge the gap b/t older core and getting some young, fast break easy baskets to help spell and extend the older guys' collective relevance. so what does doc do?  yank green when he's on a roll, not play him enough and not land a boot in rondo's seat to get him to RUN WITH GREEN, who is always 5 paces ahead of anyone down the floor. how much is green going to want to stick around after this year with an ineffective coach who wouldn't use his obvious nack for speed and hustle?  not much if this keeps up.  and it's just stupid.  rondo + green should equal 10 easy points a night max.  and green should be playing a lot more than he is. and all of this ignores the fact that doc is flunking basic problem solving now for weeks.  the rondosulking should have been addressed after ONE GAME of it, and now it's becoming an institution on this team.  horrible coaching is all it is.  or dare i say no coaching at all.
    Posted by aciemvp

I completely and totally agree with you about Green!  He is the answer to so many of the Celtics' needs - speed, athleticism, shooting, youth, reasonably good defense, lineup flexibility, matchup advantages, productive minutes faciliating rest for the Big 3 - that I don't understand why he is so underutilized.  Can't understand it for the life of me.  It did bug me when Doc said he hasn't figured out (yes, there's that phrase again) how to use him.

One thing's for sure:  That game where we blew out Indiana - seems like ages ago now - Green (as well as Baby) played more minutes than both KG and Ray, and along with scoring in double figures he blocked 3 shots!  That game just happened to put us back at the top of the Eastern Conference.  

I realize one game against a #8 seed is not the best sample size but it is an example of what can happen when Doc trusts Green AND Baby as the core of a solid bench.  I am one of many fans who was appalled at how early Green was taken out last night despite playing well. 

As for Rondo...Maybe what you're saying - about the sulking over Perk - will be proven true; maybe not.  Maybe it really will turn out to be something else all together.  Until I know, I won't speculate.

Doc has a tough job.  Lots of big, hard to replace egos on that team.  At least he's man enough to admit he's falling short.  That's why I can still respect him despite his errors.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

"it's my job to figure it out" man that burns me for some reason.  maybe it's cuz we're evaporating HCA all the while doc casually goes about "figuring out" how to deal with rondo excusing himself from being a dominant player. 
    Posted by aciemvp

What makes you think he's "casually" figuring it out?  What's your evidence of that.  You're just making pure conjecture.  Based on Doc's competitiveness, he's not taking it lying down.  But, its RARE that he goes public on his team.  That tells you he's probably tried things behind closed doors (I'm conjecturing here).

Also, if he called out Rondo in public, what purpose would that serve?  If your boss didn't call you into his office to tell you that you're not performing but he called a meeting of the press and said "Acie stinks - he's hurting the Company, etc, etc", would that really motivate you or would you just start to hate your boss?

Conversely, if your boss said: "the Company is not performing but I have to figure out why.   I have faith in my employees" and then privately told each employee what they were doing wrong - would you respect your boss and support him/her????

Don't be silly.   Think about how people are really motivated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish" : Yup, I feel exactly the same way.  They clearly don't care.  When I started watching them back in the Bird days, no one would have reported on a knock-down, drag-out practice.  We knew if they were for real based on how the actual games went.  The sad thing is, I was honestly psyched when I read that article about practice.  I'd truly thought they'd begun to put their troubles behind them, but obviously not. Honestly, we're playing like anything BUT seasoned veterans.  Who are these players and what have they done with our Celtics?!  Anyway, try not to let them spoil your weekend either.  :)    
    Posted by MsLithium21

I always love it when you guys try to rewrite history and pretend like the "good old days of Bird" never had these problems.  BS.  Larry's team got SWEPT by an inferior Milwaukee team.  They only won 3 championships.  Guess what happened in the other years - we got our ashes handed to us.  The only "good old days" team that had the fight to almost ALWAYS win was the 9 out of 11 years with Russell.  

So, stop acting like the current team is a set of bums who "don't care" while Bird's team always kept everything internal and won because they cared.  BS, just total BS.  Stop rewriting history.  They bickered and argued and didn't work together that year and they hated Fitch publicly.  This team never speaks out against Doc and they all feel bad about what's happening but haven't figured out how to fix it.  Maybe they will fix it before the playoffs like they did last year and maybe they never will, but I don't believe its about "they don't care".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish" : I will bet the ranch that Doc will NOT be back next year..............as I was watching the last 5 minutes of the game last night I looked at Doc and told my wife that he has given up.........sure enough not one sub the rest of the way and he just sat back...........I truly believe that Doc has lost the team.......after the trade he was also one that instead of picking himself up by the bootstraps was whining about the loss of Perk........if that is what the coach portrays to the team, and if they look up to their coach,,,,,, then they will exert the same sentiment.......and that is what we have seen since then.........a whoa is me approach........and that is Soft with a capital S........
    Posted by damfuno

Sure glad you are not in Celtic management.  You're attitude would truly help teamwork.  this team was a "family".  they worked and played together.  Shaq said it was the best team he'd ever been on and he didn't mean how they played.   Danny underestimated that teamwork and the way they played together.  Should they be ore professional and get over it....YES!   And they may still do that.  The story isn't finished, yet.   Shaq and JON will make a difference and so will some physical and mental rest!

Easy for you to be a fair weather fan.  Try being a fan when they play like crap and still need support.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's take: "Very, Very Selfish" : I always love it when you guys try to rewrite history and pretend like the "good old days of Bird" never had these problems.  BS.  Larry's team got SWEPT by an inferior Milwaukee team.  They only won 3 championships.  Guess what happened in the other years - we got our ashes handed to us.  The only "good old days" team that had the fight to almost ALWAYS win was the 9 out of 11 years with Russell.   So, stop acting like the current team is a set of bums who "don't care" while Bird's team always kept everything internal and won because they cared.  BS, just total BS.  Stop rewriting history.  They bickered and argued and didn't work together that year and they hated Fitch publicly.  This team never speaks out against Doc and they all feel bad about what's happening but haven't figured out how to fix it.  Maybe they will fix it before the playoffs like they did last year and maybe they never will, but I don't believe its about "they don't care".
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Well, and I say this respectfully, you missed the point of THIS particular post, or maybe I wasn't as clear as I thought.  What I said here was that the media has changed that in that it hovers over teams, athletes and every celebrity on the face of the earth.  What I meant is that 25 years ago the media would not be chronicling the team's every move - including practices - the way it does now.  In some ways it was better back then because the players were not under a microscope the way they are now.  I've actually defended players here - particularly Rondo - because I know how much it DOES NOT HELP to be under a microscope with your entire fan base.  All the bashing on these boards is not going to solve the problem.  That was my point.  My point was NOT that that the 80s edition was better than our current team in every way because I do not believe that at all.

But I do stand by my position that RIGHT NOW - or at least up until late last night - this team's problems were due to a lack of effort and/or care.  At least in part.  How else does a team including 4 all-stars and a deep bench blow a 13 point lead to a mediocre, short-handed team?  Not to mention score only 15 points in said 4th quarter.  And it's the second home loss in a row to an inferior team.  Honestly, I have been only positive about our team up until last night.  Just look at my posting history, pre-March 25. But how does this happen???

I don't believe these guys are bums.  Not at all.  In fact, overall I have liked them more than the team I used to follow in the 80s.  They are not only great players but also exceptional men.  I have always said that.  This whole "Big 3 era" has been all about unselfishness, togetherness, shared sacrifice and superior character.  It hurts me more than you know - actually you probably know it all too well - to see anything different from that, even if just for 2 weeks.

And yes, I am aware of how the team quit on its coach back in '83 en route to being swept by the Bucks in - what? - the second round...  Very prima donna-like behavior.  Obviously a lot worse than what we're dealing with here.

So please don't jump down my throat unless you know for absolute sure what I'm saying.  I understand.  I made assumptions about a fellow fan last night before apologizing profusely.  I think we're all just beyond frustrated at how this has gone and none of us knows the WHOLE story of why... I just want to see my team recapture its heart and passion.  That is what I love them for.  Peace.

Sections
Shortcuts