Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team

Rondo is leading the NBA in assists. He has been an absolute force at times. KG has been a machine. Pierce is having a solid year.

You are wrong.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Yes, that is why you are wrong. Rondo running up the court Paul Pierce streaking. Everyone knows the ball is going to Pierce. Rondo goes to throw the ball to the wing to Ray Allen... nope. it was a ball fake. ball is already in Pierce's hands for the layup after the D was frozen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team:
    [QUOTE]Yes, that is why you are wrong. Rondo running up the court Paul Pierce streaking. Everyone knows the ball is going to Pierce. Rondo goes to throw the ball to the wing to Ray Allen... nope. it was a ball fake. ball is already in Pierce's hands for the layup after the D was frozen.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Paul streaking up the court, now that's funny!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Wh Th Fu ?

Vote early and vote often!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]when you have great shooters ie PP, RA and KG and BB when he is on........you get assists......put him on a bad team and would he still be the assist leader?
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Rondo would lead any team he played on in assists not so much because of who he can pass the ball to but because he cannot shoot.  He passes up what the average points guards would view as a layup drill - completely uncontested jumpers from 15 - probably a half dozen of them per game.

Given who he plays with in Boston it results in a lot of assists if he played for a crappy team he would still pass up jumpers but would have half as many assists.

Rondo would be a great commercial for some deodorant - after a game "hey Doc why is there never anyone within 15 feet of me?"...  "well Rajon do you use deodorant, yeah coach Mitchum - so strong you can skip a day"... "well then Rajon maybe it is because you are the worst shooter in the league".....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

I don't care who will play in AS game. Cs are the No. 1 team in the east RIGHT NOW, and have been No. 1 for two months except yesterday. An allstar team will have 12 plus players. There SHOULD be a few Cs players on the AS roster. The question is now whether or not Cs can lead the east on Feb 6 to send Doc to the AS game. Doc deserves to go but his guys have to win enough games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

All Star game is a joke today. Just a side show for the NBA. Who cares if any Celtic players make it. 18 is all it counts this season or any other season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

according to the voting, rondo and ray allen are behind wade and rose.
    paul piece and kg are behind amare and lebron
    shaq is behind howard. we might have 5 allstars.......... cause they each get 1 sub right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If you ask the question about whether the Celts get any STARTERS, your question might be valid.  But, as for Allstars, the Celtics should have at least 4, even if none of them start.  It would be truly offensive if they coaches didn't select Rondo, KG, Paul, and even Ray.  Rondo would make the game VERY exciting for the other 4 players playing with him if he starts.

However, I'd love it if NONE of the Celts made the allstar team.  First, we'd get slightly more rest, but mostly, I hope they'd be offended and take it out on the league and especially on the teams with allstars.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Posts from the Dudder are hidden" - a lovely sight to see on my monitor. 

Let me guess, I'll bet our anti-Rondo troll...posted some hate about Rondo? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team :  Paul streaking up the court, now that's funny!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I am describing an actual play that occured against the Kings (an NBA team I think).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

In any of life's endeavors, exceptional people strive to be the best. The all star game is important to NBA players because it is an accolade that all of them strive to achieve.

It would be great if all starting five Celtics all made the all-star game. It would do more to inspire them than rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team:
    [QUOTE]If you look at the All Star Team for the East I can see making a case that none of the Celtics should make the All Star Team...........the two vote getters for the Celtics are Rondo and Garnett both of which are 3rd at their positions right now and while I think we are still the team to beat in the east it is not because of any one individual .....it is because Danny has assembled great pieces that work together as one unit with no one person in particular standing out........today it may be RA.......tomorrow PP.......one day KG but All Stars are players who stand out at their position......if I had to choose between Rondo and KG it would definitely be KG because of his defense .........Rondo still has a way to go to be a top 3 guard even in the east
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Who gives a rattts-azz about the AS game.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Pierce.

But who cares.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I'd love to see as many Celtic players as possible on that all star team, that's the only reason to watch that redicilous game.  In fact it'd be better that noone would go we already have difficulties staying healthy why take that risk...

That dunk contest of late is just stupidity ... Luckily no Celtic there...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I'd love to see as many Celtic players as possible on that all star team, that's the only reason to watch that redicilous game.  In fact it'd be better that noone would go we already have difficulties staying healthy why take that risk... That dunk contest of late is just stupidity ... Luckily no Celtic there...
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

Well, you hate it, but many fans, the players, and the sponsors all enjoy it.  Count me as one of the ones who loves to see allstars play on one team and have fun.  Its not a serious game, its fun.  Try watching it for the fun (like the players and the rest of us do) rather than looking for something more.   I love the all star game and I never take it too seriously.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]"Posts from the Dudder are hidden" - a lovely sight to see on my monitor.  Let me guess, I'll bet our anti-Rondo troll...posted some hate about Rondo? 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

BTS:

IGNORE means IGNORE.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team : Well, you hate it, but many fans, the players, and the sponsors all enjoy it.  Count me as one of the ones who loves to see allstars play on one team and have fun.  Its not a serious game, its fun.  Try watching it for the fun (like the players and the rest of us do) rather than looking for something more.   I love the all star game and I never take it too seriously.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I don't blame the game itself I just hate the concept of selecting who to play... If we listen to votes then Yao should be starting center in the west, that's not gonna happen(ofcourse you can blame it on his injury but still he is not the best center in the west not even when healthy) . Yi would have been selected the year before that didn't happen... so they look to performance, but based on what? Team performance or individual? Team performance guess not because there is a big chance that no Celtic will start, however at the moment they are ranked 1st in the East and second in the league. Besides Tim Duncan what Spur will be selected? Parker or Ginobili maybe? Still they are best in the league. Keeping that in mind it would mean that they select based on individual effort... What about Monta Ellis ? He is scoring lights out, noone seem to be able to defend him. Kevin Love?  Will they be selected? Big question marks there...

It just doesn't make sense....
    And that dunk contest with blowing out candles, putting on a superman suit and not even dunking but throwing the ball in the net is just stupidity. What about the oldskool dunks, i'd love to see them coming back! These days the guy that can entertain the best wins the game. And what is that about the coaching thing that is going on right now?

The threepoint contest is one of the better events because that is just about skills and being in a groove at that moment. 

Another thing I don't understand is why former winners aren't supposed to defend their titles. Nate should be in that famous "dunk"-contest. And Pierce should defend his title. Competition is what makes that game interesting... 

The only thing I like about that period is that players meet other players in a more relaxed atmosphere.... 

Yeah well I am probably one of those rare(?) who prefer playoffs and regular season  above too much entertainment. Maybe it is because I am used to european basketball which seems at times to be more competitive and then I forget how important entertainment is for the nba. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team : I don't blame the game itself I just hate the concept of selecting who to play... If we listen to votes then Yao should be starting center in the west, that's not gonna happen(ofcourse you can blame it on his injury but still he is not the best center in the west not even when healthy) . Yi would have been selected the year before that didn't happen... so they look to performance, but based on what? Team performance or individual? Team performance guess not because there is a big chance that no Celtic will start, however at the moment they are ranked 1st in the East and second in the league. Besides Tim Duncan what Spur will be selected? Parker or Ginobili maybe? Still they are best in the league. Keeping that in mind it would mean that they select based on individual effort... What about Monta Ellis ? He is scoring lights out, noone seem to be able to defend him. Kevin Love?  Will they be selected? Big question marks there... It just doesn't make sense.... And that dunk contest with blowing out candles, putting on a superman suit and not even dunking but throwing the ball in the net is just stupidity. What about the oldskool dunks, i'd love to see them coming back! These days the guy that can entertain the best wins the game. And what is that about the coaching thing that is going on right now? The threepoint contest is one of the better events because that is just about skills and being in a groove at that moment.  Another thing I don't understand is why former winners aren't supposed to defend their titles. Nate should be in that famous "dunk"-contest. And Pierce should defend his title. Competition is what makes that game interesting...  The only thing I like about that period is that players meet other players in a more relaxed atmosphere....  Yeah well I am probably one of those rare(?) who prefer playoffs and regular season  above too much entertainment. Maybe it is because I am used to european basketball which seems at times to be more competitive and then I forget how important entertainment is for the nba. 

Man based on the lenght of my comment I must seem "depressed" lol !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Looks like Andrew Bynum might make the All-Star team this year...

Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team : Rondo would lead any team he played on in assists not so much because of who he can pass the ball to but because he cannot shoot.  He passes up what the average points guards would view as a layup drill - completely uncontested jumpers from 15 - probably a half dozen of them per game. Given who he plays with in Boston it results in a lot of assists if he played for a crappy team he would still pass up jumpers but would have half as many assists. Rondo would be a great commercial for some deodorant - after a game "hey Doc why is there never anyone within 15 feet of me?"...  "well Rajon do you use deodorant, yeah coach Mitchum - so strong you can skip a day"... "well then Rajon maybe it is because you are the worst shooter in the league".....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I just have one question for you. Can you actually see the stars from the bottom of the hole you have dug yourself when analyzing Rondo?

What makes you smarter than almost everyone else. I'm still waiting for someone who is a real expert, former player, coach, sports writer...etc. say the things you say. No one has.  Your speculation is frivolous and has no credibility. Why do you persist. Is it because you like people to think you are an idiot or is there some other motive that is equally weird?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

lakers are playing well, so Elias comes out of his hole

Bynum does NOT deserve to be an All-Star!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team : I don't blame the game itself I just hate the concept of selecting who to play... If we listen to votes then Yao should be starting center in the west, that's not gonna happen(ofcourse you can blame it on his injury but still he is not the best center in the west not even when healthy) . Yi would have been selected the year before that didn't happen... so they look to performance, but based on what? Team performance or individual? Team performance guess not because there is a big chance that no Celtic will start, however at the moment they are ranked 1st in the East and second in the league. Besides Tim Duncan what Spur will be selected? Parker or Ginobili maybe? Still they are best in the league. Keeping that in mind it would mean that they select based on individual effort... What about Monta Ellis ? He is scoring lights out, noone seem to be able to defend him. Kevin Love?  Will they be selected? Big question marks there... It just doesn't make sense.... And that dunk contest with blowing out candles, putting on a superman suit and not even dunking but throwing the ball in the net is just stupidity. What about the oldskool dunks, i'd love to see them coming back! These days the guy that can entertain the best wins the game. And what is that about the coaching thing that is going on right now? The threepoint contest is one of the better events because that is just about skills and being in a groove at that moment.  Another thing I don't understand is why former winners aren't supposed to defend their titles. Nate should be in that famous "dunk"-contest. And Pierce should defend his title. Competition is what makes that game interesting...  The only thing I like about that period is that players meet other players in a more relaxed atmosphere....  Yeah well I am probably one of those rare(?) who prefer playoffs and regular season  above too much entertainment. Maybe it is because I am used to european basketball which seems at times to be more competitive and then I forget how important entertainment is for the nba. 

OK, I see why you hate it.  I thought it was the game itself.  

As for the other debates in your post....those will always be the lifelong debates that many feel different about (is it team play or is it individual stats).  Same questions about the MVP selection each year.  If your team has a better record and you're the best and most important player on that team, should you get the MVP? or should it go to that player who's team would be nothing without him even if they are just the say..5th best team WITH him.  Steve Nash won two years in a row.  No WAY he was the most outstanding, but I believe they thought his team would be no where without him.

Debates that can go on forever.  I just try to enjoy the allstar game for what it is.....a fan, player, and sponsor spectacle of fun and a break in a very long season.

Sections
Shortcuts