Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team

Rondo belongs without a doubt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Why don't they ever have the All-Star game in Boston?  I would like to attend this event if it was in Boston.  We have been one of the top teams for the past few years, but the game hasn't been played in Boston since 1964.  Does anyone know why this event is never held in Boston.   It might have something to do with the bad weather during the winter. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team:
    [QUOTE]Why don't they ever have the All-Star game in Boston?  I would like to attend this event if it was in Boston.  We have been one of the top teams for the past few years, but the game hasn't been played in Boston since 1964.  Does anyone know why this event is never held in Boston.   It might have something to do with the bad weather during the winter. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Yes, since it was in Minnesota in something like 94 or 95, the furthest north they've been in New York, Philly, and DC.  The weather in Boston in mid-Feb would be a real problem for them.  One big snowfall and it would play havoc with everthing, including players and family getting in and out for their next game.    My guess is that no one will say it outloud, but they avoid it due to the weather.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Minnesota is to blame again?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Minnesota is to blame again?
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

LOL  Cry

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Your question is not well organized. How could you ask if anyone in the celtics deserve to be on the AS team. All the starters deserve it and hence they were all nominated.

Boston is the best team in the East as we write and speak. Common sense will tell us that the team with the best record deserve to send more athletes to the AS game. AS game is a reward for athletes and teams who are performing at a higher level, and celtics is the best of the bunch. So we have to reward the best with good credentials for their achievement, so they can have the best resume.

All NBA players strive to achieve the followings for your resume:

* Player Of The Week Award
    * Player Of The Month Award
    * All Star appearance Award
    * Leaders in Points Scored, Rebounding, Assist, Block shot,etc.
    * NBA Championship Award

Any NBA player will tell you they need all of the above to polish their resume, because the more you accumulate the above, the more money you get paid, the more you are recognized, and the more successful you become.  So why is the Celtics different.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Common sense will tell us that the team with the best record deserve to send more athletes to the AS game. AS game is a reward for athletes and teams who are performing at a higher level, and celtics is the best of the bunch. I really disagree with your sentence above........we are the best team because we play the best team basketball.......but there is not one of our starters that really outshines another one and if you compare positions there are a lot of players that do more than ours individually.......We are not however developed for all stars......in fact with the exception of Rondo....the big 3 have enough all star appearances and if you would ask them they would say they are more interested in championships than AS teams.........The AS game is a reward for athletes performing at a higher level not for teams performing at a higher level
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Some fans absolutely love the allstar game (Me, being one) and some fans look at the game and hate it.   What many of us forget is that he players who get to go see it as a fun time to let down their hair, relax, laugh, show off their skills without worrying about defense and the intensity of the game, mingle with fans/kids, etc.   Your point about a reward is spot on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team : I just have one question for you. Can you actually see the stars from the bottom of the hole you have dug yourself when analyzing Rondo? What makes you smarter than almost everyone else. I'm still waiting for someone who is a real expert, former player, coach, sports writer...etc. say the things you say. No one has.  Your speculation is frivolous and has no credibility. Why do you persist. Is it because you like people to think you are an idiot or is there some other motive that is equally weird?
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

Yeah nobody that has any credibility when it comes to criticizing Rondo.....

paraphrasing now.....

Doc after the Finals - Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us

Coach K - we cannot afford to have someone that cannot shoot on the US team

Cedric Maxwell - no offense to Rondo but they move the ball a lot better when Rondo is not around....

A recent poll on FoxSports - name the point guard you would like to start a team with.....  Rondo was not one of the poll options....

Give me the following and the Cs (with 4 first ballot hall of famers starting with Rondo) are no worse off and in a lot of cases better - maybe give up a little defense but get a lot more offense and eliminate double teams on the Cs actual stars....

Devin Harris, Baron Davis, Steph Curry, Tyreke Evans, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Jameer Nelson, Darren Collison, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, and I am sure there a few that I have forgotten....

You probably have not but I will ask anyway - have you ever watched a game in which the Celtics were not involved?  Have you ever noticed how the nationally televised games include guys whose soul purpose is to sensationalize and hype the game - so one night they just go completely over the edge praising Rondo as one of the greatest ever and then the next night the come in their pants about Tony Parker and then the next night they talk about Rose as the MVP and they cannot keep from rubbing themselves while talking about John Wall, etc.?

Someday you might be able to make at least a subtle attempt to be at least remotely objective..........

My reputation on this board is calling it as I see it - so while all of the idiots and yahoos on this board went on and on and on about the sky is the limit for Perk, Jefferson, Gerald Green, Oriene Green, Danny's steals of the draft, Ryan Gomes, Delonte West, and so on and so forth what we have ultimately seen is that Danny has never drafted an all-star and that for the most part I have been correct about the things I have said about these players and much to the chagrine to most posters, I have been correct.

You give me John Wall and the Cs are absolutely no worse off......  stop hitting snooze - time to wake up!

In the Western Conference Rondo is not even in the discussion about the best point guards - Paul, Williams, Evans, Kidd, Nash, Westbrook, Curry, and so on..... I don't care what you think, I don't care what the experts think.  I do however care about what I think and that is that there is nobody in the league that plays with as much talent as Rondo and as a result, he like his normal starting center greatly benefit.

Of course there are the idiots, feel free to count yourself among them, that think that somehow Rondo is perfect for this team because his fundamental shortcomings somehow benefit the team as opposed to having a better all around player being much more beneficial to the team.

As if Rondo is somehow sacrificing his game for the benefit of the team - you and your ilk (what I would refer to as the green glasses / laundry lovers) just simply cannot comprehend it.

If the Cs were 15 rapists, bankrobbers, murderers, and pedophiles you would root, root, root for the hometeam.... and ignore the obvious.  So we have a point guard who takes about 20% of the normal number of free throws as the actual good point guards, a point guard who when actually does take them misses the majority whereas it is barely respectable to make 85% for someone in his position, a point guard who cannot finish, passes up layups, takes more uncontested jumpers than anyone in the history of his position and in all of those facets of the game he is simply the worst.

5 assists per game for passing up routine uncontested jumpers (that no other point guard in the league is afforded), 5 assists because of who he plays with, and 3 assists because he gives up layups to players who are 20 feet farther away from the rim than him but can actually shoot.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team : Yes, since it was in Minnesota in something like 94 or 95, the furthest north they've been in New York, Philly, and DC.  The weather in Boston in mid-Feb would be a real problem for them.  One big snowfall and it would play havoc with everthing, including players and family getting in and out for their next game.    My guess is that no one will say it outloud, but they avoid it due to the weather.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying to my question about the All-Star game not being played in Boston.  It would be great to attend an all-star game, but if I was going to pay money to travel to attend an NBA game, I would rather spend the money to attend a playoff game or regular season game instead of attending the all-star game.  I do enjoy watching it and definitely would attend if it was ever in Boston.  I agree and don't believe they will ever hold it in a cold weather city.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team : Yeah nobody that has any credibility when it comes to criticizing Rondo..... paraphrasing now..... Doc after the Finals - Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us Coach K - we cannot afford to have someone that cannot shoot on the US team Cedric Maxwell - no offense to Rondo but they move the ball a lot better when Rondo is not around.... A recent poll on FoxSports - name the point guard you would like to start a team with.....  Rondo was not one of the poll options.... Give me the following and the Cs (with 4 first ballot hall of famers starting with Rondo) are no worse off and in a lot of cases better - maybe give up a little defense but get a lot more offense and eliminate double teams on the Cs actual stars.... Devin Harris, Baron Davis, Steph Curry, Tyreke Evans, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Jameer Nelson, Darren Collison, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, and I am sure there a few that I have forgotten.... You probably have not but I will ask anyway - have you ever watched a game in which the Celtics were not involved?  Have you ever noticed how the nationally televised games include guys whose soul purpose is to sensationalize and hype the game - so one night they just go completely over the edge praising Rondo as one of the greatest ever and then the next night the come in their pants about Tony Parker and then the next night they talk about Rose as the MVP and they cannot keep from rubbing themselves while talking about John Wall, etc.? Someday you might be able to make at least a subtle attempt to be at least remotely objective.......... My reputation on this board is calling it as I see it - so while all of the idiots and yahoos on this board went on and on and on about the sky is the limit for Perk, Jefferson, Gerald Green, Oriene Green, Danny's steals of the draft, Ryan Gomes, Delonte West, and so on and so forth what we have ultimately seen is that Danny has never drafted an all-star and that for the most part I have been correct about the things I have said about these players and much to the chagrine to most posters, I have been correct. You give me John Wall and the Cs are absolutely no worse off......  stop hitting snooze - time to wake up! In the Western Conference Rondo is not even in the discussion about the best point guards - Paul, Williams, Evans, Kidd, Nash, Westbrook, Curry, and so on..... I don't care what you think, I don't care what the experts think.  I do however care about what I think and that is that there is nobody in the league that plays with as much talent as Rondo and as a result, he like his normal starting center greatly benefit. Of course there are the idiots, feel free to count yourself among them, that think that somehow Rondo is perfect for this team because his fundamental shortcomings somehow benefit the team as opposed to having a better all around player being much more beneficial to the team. As if Rondo is somehow sacrificing his game for the benefit of the team - you and your ilk (what I would refer to as the green glasses / laundry lovers) just simply cannot comprehend it. If the Cs were 15 rapists, bankrobbers, murderers, and pedophiles you would root, root, root for the hometeam.... and ignore the obvious.  So we have a point guard who takes about 20% of the normal number of free throws as the actual good point guards, a point guard who when actually does take them misses the majority whereas it is barely respectable to make 85% for someone in his position, a point guard who cannot finish, passes up layups, takes more uncontested jumpers than anyone in the history of his position and in all of those facets of the game he is simply the worst. 5 assists per game for passing up routine uncontested jumpers (that no other point guard in the league is afforded), 5 assists because of who he plays with, and 3 assists because he gives up layups to players who are 20 feet farther away from the rim than him but can actually shoot.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does any Celtic deserve to be on the All Star Team : Yeah nobody that has any credibility when it comes to criticizing Rondo..... paraphrasing now..... Doc after the Finals - Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us Coach K - we cannot afford to have someone that cannot shoot on the US team Cedric Maxwell - no offense to Rondo but they move the ball a lot better when Rondo is not around.... A recent poll on FoxSports - name the point guard you would like to start a team with.....  Rondo was not one of the poll options.... Give me the following and the Cs (with 4 first ballot hall of famers starting with Rondo) are no worse off and in a lot of cases better - maybe give up a little defense but get a lot more offense and eliminate double teams on the Cs actual stars.... Devin Harris, Baron Davis, Steph Curry, Tyreke Evans, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Jameer Nelson, Darren Collison, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, and I am sure there a few that I have forgotten.... You probably have not but I will ask anyway - have you ever watched a game in which the Celtics were not involved?  Have you ever noticed how the nationally televised games include guys whose soul purpose is to sensationalize and hype the game - so one night they just go completely over the edge praising Rondo as one of the greatest ever and then the next night the come in their pants about Tony Parker and then the next night they talk about Rose as the MVP and they cannot keep from rubbing themselves while talking about John Wall, etc.? Someday you might be able to make at least a subtle attempt to be at least remotely objective.......... My reputation on this board is calling it as I see it - so while all of the idiots and yahoos on this board went on and on and on about the sky is the limit for Perk, Jefferson, Gerald Green, Oriene Green, Danny's steals of the draft, Ryan Gomes, Delonte West, and so on and so forth what we have ultimately seen is that Danny has never drafted an all-star and that for the most part I have been correct about the things I have said about these players and much to the chagrine to most posters, I have been correct. You give me John Wall and the Cs are absolutely no worse off......  stop hitting snooze - time to wake up! In the Western Conference Rondo is not even in the discussion about the best point guards - Paul, Williams, Evans, Kidd, Nash, Westbrook, Curry, and so on..... I don't care what you think, I don't care what the experts think.  I do however care about what I think and that is that there is nobody in the league that plays with as much talent as Rondo and as a result, he like his normal starting center greatly benefit. Of course there are the idiots, feel free to count yourself among them, that think that somehow Rondo is perfect for this team because his fundamental shortcomings somehow benefit the team as opposed to having a better all around player being much more beneficial to the team. As if Rondo is somehow sacrificing his game for the benefit of the team - you and your ilk (what I would refer to as the green glasses / laundry lovers) just simply cannot comprehend it. If the Cs were 15 rapists, bankrobbers, murderers, and pedophiles you would root, root, root for the hometeam.... and ignore the obvious.  So we have a point guard who takes about 20% of the normal number of free throws as the actual good point guards, a point guard who when actually does take them misses the majority whereas it is barely respectable to make 85% for someone in his position, a point guard who cannot finish, passes up layups, takes more uncontested jumpers than anyone in the history of his position and in all of those facets of the game he is simply the worst. 5 assists per game for passing up routine uncontested jumpers (that no other point guard in the league is afforded), 5 assists because of who he plays with, and 3 assists because he gives up layups to players who are 20 feet farther away from the rim than him but can actually shoot.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    In all seriousness, you honestly think the Celtics move the ball better without Rondo in the lineup? Did you watch ANY of the games where Rondo was out? Did you watch the game last night? Rondo's "inability to shoot" is not nearly as big of an issue as you make it out to be. He can consistently make those mid range jumpers, and he even hit a 3 last night. He's never going to be Ray Allen so get that out of your head. Shooting is the one aspect of his game that isn't GREAT for point guards. There is no one I would rather have in terms of D, steals, rebounding, ball handling, protection of the ball, passing, and running the offense. He has the mid-range jumper now, the 3 will be there in a few years, mark my words. Perfect example. Magic Johnson, look at his 3 point percentage or FT's at the early stages of his career compared to when he left the league for the first time at 31. You honestly think the Celtics O would run just as well with BARON DAVIS at PG? Come on...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

RR, KG, PP, RA yes they are ALLSTAR material, but who cares
    that, let them rest and enjoy that time off, what counts is
    the games after the Allstar game,

Sections
Shortcuts