Does anyone know who our starting Center is next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Does anyone know who our starting Center is next year?

I dont usually like to look ahead to next year during a playoff run, but I just cant help but keep thinking about it.

I dont think anyone in his orginization want to go through "Shaq Carousel pat II"

So, Im gonna guess he opts out of his last year.

JON I think is signed for 2 years but no sure.  He may have turned the corner with his bad knee, but he is still old, and looks like he is gonna have one good game, one bad game this playoffs so far, because of his ailments..I wouldnt count on him playing all year next season.

Kristic is not getting any playing time and at the rate he is learning the defense, I no longer see him as a main piece for next year.  He can score a little, but I dont think anyone considers him a starting Center anymore...

So, will we have money to spend on a real Center in the offseason, are there any available via F/A,  and if not, is there anyone coming out of college we could get? 

The way everyone has been crying about Perk, I would think its not easy to find an offensively challenged big man who can give hard fouls and make mean faces...I mean, Im joking, but Im serious. Is another Perk the asnwer with our aging core of players?  Or do we need an offensive minded center?

I Personally like Marc Gasol, but not sure of his situation or contract...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: Does anyone know who are starting Center is next year?

Jay:

We are in the playoffs at the moment in case you hadn't noticed.  Can you hold that thought for another few weeks or so?  I promise the Fukushima fallout isnt going to kill us all before the season ends.  Afterwards we will all have milk and cookies and discuss ad nauseum who should start at the 5 hole next season.

Thank you

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Their may not be a season next year.  The new CBA will change the salary cap and since all teams will be effected by this, you really can't be sure what teams will have to offer to new players and current players who have expiring contracts.   It probably will be a while before anything is decided regarding this, if they can even come to some type of agreement.   Look what at what is currently transpiring in the NFL.  They don't seem close to reaching any type of agreement and the same scenario will exist in the NBA next year.    
    I do believe their is a good possibility that Shaq will indeed retire after this season.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

By "our" I assume you mean the Celtics' center. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a trade bring in a center, maybe not a top 5 (or 10?), but a serviceable player who can rebound and play strong defense.  The Celtics probably aren't in a position to go after a true frontline established guy whether in a trade or FA, but might be able to acquire another Perkins-type, someone to clog the middle and help on the defensive end.  Almost anyone would be better than Perk on the other end.  No tears for Perk for here - I don't have to scream at my television anymore with him gone. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone know who are starting Center is next year?:
    [QUOTE]By "our" I assume you mean the Celtics' center. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a trade bring in a center, maybe not a top 5 (or 10?), but a serviceable player who can rebound and play strong defense.  The Celtics probably aren't in a position to go after a true frontline established guy whether in a trade or FA, but might be able to acquire another Perkins-type, someone to clog the middle and help on the defensive end.  Almost anyone would be better than Perk on the other end.  No tears for Perk for here - I don't have to scream at my television anymore with him gone. 
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

thanks, I didnt catch that...typing too fast.

Thank You shine for the encouraging words....Im still holding out hope there will be an NBA next year...I have already given up on football. I cant stand even hearing about any talks, just let me know when something is done...I cant survive without one of them!   Lets hope the NBA can get something done...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I think we draft a center with our pick we got from OK. Maybe one like Noah who can run the floor play good defence and play in the low post. We can try and get as much as we can from Kristic, JO and even Shaq next year while our young center develops. We could also try to pick up a free agent as well but I like drafting somebody better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]I think we draft a center with our pick we got from OK. Maybe one like Noah who can run the floor play good defence and play in the low post. We can try and get as much as we can from Kristic, JO and even Shaq next year while our young center develops. We could also try to pick up a free agent as well but I like drafting somebody better.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]

We can not use the pick from OK this year, the details were top ten protected from 2012-2015 and unprotected in 2016.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone know who are starting Center is next year? : We can not use the pick from OK this year, the details were top ten protected from 2012-2015 and unprotected in 2016.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Do we have any pick next year to use?

There are a few guys I really like coming out...dont know it they are realistic possibilities, but 2 guys are from small schools, so maybe they slip a bit

One guy is Keith Benson, a center from Oakland.  I know, Oakland!, Yes, a small school guy, averaged 3.6 blocks a game, and 10 boards.

The other guy is Kenneth Faried.  I like his name too, reminds of the movie Blow, when boston george sais "Derrick Fareal!!!, ok"  and he is a freak in terms of defense.  led the NCAA with 14.6 reb's a game, and also averaged 2.5 blks and 2 steals a game.  Comparisons to D.Rodman....he can score a little too, but lives to play defense. I fear this guy is going in the top 10

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Does anyone know who our starting Center is next year?

Good question, but I'd love to know who's going to coach this team next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I need to know that too....but I think I already know the answer...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone know who are starting Center is next year? : Do we have any pick next year to use? There are a few guys I really like coming out...dont know it they are realistic possibilities, but 2 guys are from small schools, so maybe they slip a bit One guy is Keith Benson, a center from Oakland.  I know, Oakland!, Yes, a small school guy, averaged 3.6 blocks a game, and 10 boards. The other guy is Kenneth Faried.  I like his name too, reminds of the movie Blow, when boston george sais "Derrick Fareal!!!, ok"  and he is a freak in terms of defense.  led the NCAA with 14.6 reb's a game, and also averaged 2.5 blks and 2 steals a game.  Comparisons to D.Rodman....he can score a little too, but lives to play defense. I fear this guy is going in the top 10
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

We got two picks in this years draft, but they are going to be around the end of the oder. I think we need to draft big. Joshua Smith out of UCLA is 6'10 and 305. Big guy who can dominate in the paint. He will be there at out pick in 1st round, but probably not in the 2nd. Get him to loose 20 pounds and he is a better version of Perkins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Does anyone know who our starting Center is next year?:
    [QUOTE]I dont usually like to look ahead to next year during a playoff run, but I just cant help but keep thinking about it. I dont think anyone in his orginization want to go through "Shaq Carousel pat II" So, Im gonna guess he opts out of his last year. JON I think is signed for 2 years but no sure.  He may have turned the corner with his bad knee, but he is still old, and looks like he is gonna have one good game, one bad game this playoffs so far, because of his ailments..I wouldnt count on him playing all year next season. Kristic is not getting any playing time and at the rate he is learning the defense, I no longer see him as a main piece for next year.  He can score a little, but I dont think anyone considers him a starting Center anymore... So, will we have money to spend on a real Center in the offseason, are there any available via F/A,  and if not, is there anyone coming out of college we could get?  The way everyone has been crying about Perk, I would think its not easy to find an offensively challenged big man who can give hard fouls and make mean faces...I mean, Im joking, but Im serious. Is another Perk the asnwer with our aging core of players?  Or do we need an offensive minded center? I Personally like Marc Gasol, but not sure of his situation or contract...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Let's see J O is signed for next year, they are way over the cap, there is probably a 10% chance there will be a season next year, and there is absolutely no incentive for any legitimate center to join the team whose window is about to slam down pretty hard on the GMs knuckles.

Whomever the answer is at center is very simply either part of the rebuilding process or not, my guess is not.

Why is it that there is some sort of sentiment that Boston is some sort of desirable place to play?

They traded a bunch of garbage and two huge expiring contracts to BUY a title or two or three.  An aged 4s knee injury cost them a chance to go back to back and a point guard's inability to make repeated uncontested wide open routine jumpers cost them last year's title.

Just get ready for the next 12 year drought and stop worrying about who will be playing center next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I think we draft a center with our pick we got from OK. Maybe one like Noah who can run the floor play good defence and play in the low post. We can try and get as much as we can from Kristic, JO and even Shaq next year while our young center develops. We could also try to pick up a free agent as well but I like drafting somebody better.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I often see centers like Noah available in the early 20s in the draft.  At least attempt to make a reasonably intelligent comment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Remember the lock-out.

According to Phil, there will probably not be a next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone know who are starting Center is next year? : We got two picks in this years draft, but they are going to be around the end of the oder. I think we need to draft big. Joshua Smith out of UCLA is 6'10 and 305. Big guy who can dominate in the paint. He will be there at out pick in 1st round, but probably not in the 2nd. Get him to loose 20 pounds and he is a better version of Perkins.

go to nbadraft.net and then take a reality pill as to what is available and what quality of players will be there when the Cs draft......  who did they get last year?  Bradley, the year before?  Walker, Giddens..... please......

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Your question will be answered during the NBA draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

This is going to be our most important off season..This will determine if we remain contenders for the next few seasons or if we return to the bottom of the league before the Big three era. Alot ot questions, will shaq retire or be bought out?? will Joneal?? what do we do with the big three?? do we keep big baby?? what about our bench?? starting center?? does doc resign?? Idk where do we start but i know that most of these moves will have a dominoe effect into each other.

Yes we need a starting center, I ould not go into next season banking on any of our current centers to be out starting center. We dont need a star center jus a decent reliable center. Honestly I would of been happy with erden.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone know who are starting Center is next year? : go to nbadraft.net and then take a reality pill as to what is available and what quality of players will be there when the Cs draft......  who did they get last year?  Bradley, the year before?  Walker, Giddens..... please......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I would take a look at your source, nbadraft.net, before posting. They have the Celtics picking Bismack Biyambo at 25. He is not going to last that far, some say he might be the first pick!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone know who are starting Center is next year? : I would take a look at your source, nbadraft.net, before posting. They have the Celtics picking Bismack Biyambo at 25. He is not going to last that far, some say he might be the first pick!

One can rest assured of the following...... Danny will take someone that he falls in love with and....... there will be 6 players drafted after that player that end up much better players than the one Danny drafts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

... not a bad Idea, it might work. It would be better than losing KG.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone know who are starting Center is next year? : One can rest assured of the following...... Danny will take someone that he falls in love with and....... there will be 6 players drafted after that player that end up much better players than the one Danny drafts.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

That, I would have to agree with you!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone know who our starting Center is next year?:
    [QUOTE]Well it depends who is the GM, if it's Danny it can be Nesterovic, Sheed, Mehmet Okur, Darco Milisic, JO (again with his rotten knee) Brad Miller, Bonner. If anybody else is the GM even a drunk from the street, we will have a better chance at getting a good center. Just saying... Thank you Daaaaanyyyyyy...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Danny's not going anywhere