does danny make a move for a big right now, or is that a waste because we can't win the championship anyways?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

does danny make a move for a big right now, or is that a waste because we can't win the championship anyways?

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Re: does danny make a move for a big right now, or is that a waste because we can't win the championship anyways?

trade bait for the cs would be brandon bass first, then it gets dicey..second could be fab mello..third courtney lee..forth jeff green...if you were to trade thats really your bait...Ide like danny to talk to toronto..and see if he can get kyle lowery and aaron gray...Lowery is a pg who can set up the offense and reb ound...aaron gray is a ok not bad big who is 7 foot..maybe a bass and jason collins and a second round pick to toronto for lowery and gray..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: does danny make a move for a big right now, or is that a waste because we can't win the championship anyways?

making a move for an expensive big is dumb.  we need a competent masher without a lot of scoring ability (necessarily) who will grind and rebound and get KG back to the 4 position forsome minutes where he can undergo less physical wear and tear.

getting a "big piece" at the 5 right now (gortat) makes no sense to me as if we give up fab melo and gortat walks and melo turns into a player then we're just playing with ourselves.  there's been a lot of that the last 20 years in green.  too much of it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hard to predict what goes thru the mind of DA...

In the NBA its win now... and I agree with that. 

In 2007 we got the Big 3 to win a title and we did....for the 20 years prior to that, we were rebuilding, more or less!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

50/50 DA makes a trade.  If  he  does, it will be for a big.  Trade would include some or all of these pieces.  Bass, picks, Melo, Barbosa, Lee, order is in likelihood of  being traded.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Fab Melo is a very raw prospect at this time.  I would bet that the number of guys drafted in teh mid twenties of any draft making a big impact (even with a couple of years of time) are pretty low.

I would put Melo in a deal that brought back a center who can help now any day. 

If all the Celtics want is a big body to fill out the roster there must be someone in the D league or out there in free agency (Martin?) who could be found on the cheap and only for one year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

There is very little to work with, but BAss, Wilcox, Collins and Melo.  Melo and the draft pick being the most attractive.  I guess if we get a young enough big man that would be some protection.  It is easy to see why nobody wants what we have to offer.

Keep in mind KG is always at risk of injury and extreme fatigue.  This alone is where Ainge has failed the . To not bring in a good big man after Perkins left was inexcusable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LICeltsfan. Show LICeltsfan's posts

Samuel Dalembert

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to DoctorCO's comment:

trade bait for the cs would be brandon bass first, then it gets dicey..second could be fab mello..third courtney lee..forth jeff green...if you were to trade thats really your bait...Ide like danny to talk to toronto..and see if he can get kyle lowery and aaron gray...Lowery is a pg who can set up the offense and reb ound...aaron gray is a ok not bad big who is 7 foot..maybe a bass and jason collins and a second round pick to toronto for lowery and gray..

in other words blow up this team and wait till next year? that's ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

making a move for an expensive big is dumb.  we need a competent masher without a lot of scoring ability (necessarily) who will grind and rebound and get KG back to the 4 position forsome minutes where he can undergo less physical wear and tear.

getting a "big piece" at the 5 right now (gortat) makes no sense to me as if we give up fab melo and gortat walks and melo turns into a player then we're just playing with ourselves.  there's been a lot of that the last 20 years in green.  too much of it.

Doc hasn't done a good job of fitting Wilcox and Collins into the rotation. especially last night agaist Denver. Wilcox has been playing ok. Collins is always good for some boards and a few rebounds.. if we get another big there's no guarantee Doc will play them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Get Dalambert if at all possible.  Throw Bass, Melo and a pick in there.  How many D league guys are stars in the nba now? I don't know what else they would want.  We can't part with our guards at this point, they are playing to well and we need them all. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

There is very little to work with, but BAss, Wilcox, Collins and Melo.  Melo and the draft pick being the most attractive.  I guess if we get a young enough big man that would be some protection.  It is easy to see why nobody wants what we have to offer.

Keep in mind KG is always at risk of injury and extreme fatigue.  This alone is where Ainge has failed the . To not bring in a good big man after Perkins left was inexcusable.

Definitely agree with you.  Danny has never replaced Perk.   He has had a few years to sign another big man and we are still waiting. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I have said before that he should not make a move. Yesterday's game was great and I want to see more of Paul and KG and most of the players on this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

If you guys follow our Sox team, recall the trade last year that sent Gonzalez, Beckett, Punto & the INJURED Carl Crawford to LA. I don't believe he played last year.

So, Rondo can be traded for a team betting on the come. Do I feel he should/could be traded for a Big Man,Cousins, Gortat...Dunno ???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

It's a good thing we won't have to wait long. Trade deadline is next Thursday. 

What Ainge can't afford to do is not do anything. 

Will he trade or wait for buyouts? 

Sections
Shortcuts