Does Doc actually believe they are going to turn it around?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Does Doc actually believe they are going to turn it around?

It seems Doc pays lip service to improvement he sees and this idea we will return to form.  He has said it every loss.  

The question is does he really believe it and really sees what everyone can see.  If he does he must be waiting for the big 3 to admit they can't do it. He said last night after the game he asked if they were unable to play better due to fatigue and he said  the players admitted to it.  Once their is capitulation the young ones will be in the rotation.  Doc had to know this was coming.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Does Doc actually believe they are going to turn it around?

Admitting there is a problem is the first step...
    recognizing and fixing it are two different things..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Not really.

Why not wait until the Big Three acknowledge what everyone alse can see?  They know that the Cs are facing a rebuilding. It would be much easier for everyone if they  would buy into the inevitable and go with the program.

They all want a graceful exit with dignity intact. Their time has passed. Their place in history is now what is on the table for discussion.

For each of the Big Three, they enjoyed their greatest success wearing green.

Why spoil that fame when they don't really have to?

All good things must end.

Thanks for the memories.

Pud

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kirk,
    Are we that bad as in 2006-7.  I don't think so.  We are at the top of the bottom third is my best guess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    Thanks for the last four years big Three.  That is the right sentiment.  Now how do we get them off the stage?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Does Doc actually believe they are going to turn it around?:
    Pud, Thanks for the last four years big Three.  That is the right sentiment.  Now how do we get them off the stage?
    Posted by concord27

That depends on them entirely. They can make is easy or they can make it hard.

RA was talking recently about the importance of handing the team off to Rondo  and preparing him to carry on by shoring him up both on and off the court.

That's spoken like Ray is going with the transition program. Of course Ray is still productive and is positioning himself for maybe another contract. 

KG may follow Ray's lead and want to be back at a greatly reduced salary. We'll see. Or he may agree to be traded... not that his agreement is required.. but it would be classy.

I think the biggest challenge will be CPP because he has a lot of contract to play out.... that I suspect DA would like to have much of that back.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I see it this way, Ray and KG will be gone at the end of the season (if not earlier) or retained at a minimum cost with reduced roles.  PP will be given an option to stay with a revised role or given the option of a trade.  I would hope to keep PP because you need some experience and leadership, but would not begrudge Pierce chasing another ring elsewhere.

We must go young and fast, Rondo needs more support. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Doc....good old-fashion snake oil salesman!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Watching so far this year I see they just don't finish on the offensive end. They get looks and spots they want but they're not dropping them. KG should concentrate on his offense, because his he has lost his defensive legs and reaction,he still can be a 20 pt scorer. Sadly KG cannot have the defensive effect he was known for.The offense will come around, but it is our D that needs more than a few adjustments.
     Our D is really weak at all the wrong times lately.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

PP will be the hardest to convince that he is no longer "the man".
    He can still do it in spirts but gradually, we have to turn it over to others.
    I think Kg will retire, and R Allen seems more open to the idea of coming off the bench and letting the youth take the reighns.
    Try convincing Koby or PP that they are not what they used to be...Good Luck
    Yeah Koby can still be a chucker, but that does'nt mean the team will win...eventually the injury bug will set in..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

PP was the key to our offense up to this year. Everything ran through him,  Ray and Garnett got his passes as Pierce decided if he would shoot or drive to the hoop.  

Pierce's mystery loss of skill so far has left the Celtics exposed as it was Pierce who keyed the team almost every time we went on offense.

I can't figure what is wrong with him but it has sunk this team.  Yes we were old and yes we get tired in the fourth period.  But without Pierce this team can't going during any part of  the game.  Nothing will help unless PP returns to his old self.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

PP doesn't have the heart anymore to chase championships, he's one and out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Does Doc actually believe they are going to turn it around? : PP just got old.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Aging is a gradual process, just like growth is.

No one gets that old that fast, not unless injury or illness greatly accelerates the process.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

If Doc would just stop being so loyal. The Cs can get better because right now they stink. Now don't gang up on me for my idea.  But what DOC needs to do, is start perhaps Ray and Rondo with 3 youths. Then bring KG and Pierce off the bench. Starting 3 youths will allow Rondo to have someone running the fast break with him. And since Ray is in better shape than Pierce and KG(not to mention the best shooter) he gets the start. Now bringing in KG off the bench keeps him fresher and he would solidify the second unit. He would ignite energy. As for Pierce, bringing him off the bench would allow him perhaps to start getting his legs under him and allowing him to work into baskestball shape.

I think if DOC wants to actually try and make the playoffs then without question he should try these moves. Sorry, you can't worry about bruising some egos, this is about giving the Cs the best chance to win while keeping the older guys fresher. Plus it gives the young fresh legs a great chance to show what they can do.

The Cs have got absolutely nothing to lose with these theories and attempts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result - time for Doc to earn his money

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Do not think moves by Doc will effect win/loss column really, just may make team more watchable

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Does Doc actually believe they are going to turn it around? : Our Celts is not watchable? Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

slow, out of sync, leaving a ton of shots short - not the ball I like to watch, maybe its just me

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Im pessimistic on a turn around......

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Does Doc believe?

YES!

Do I? maybe for another 2 weeks.

We've got to play the hand that's dealt.  It is what it is.

I am tired of watching these old guys and this slow, dreadful, basketball. I was 3 years ago, but kept watching because of Rondo, and hey... they won. Now, I'm afraid Rondo will be old and beatup when the youth arrives. 

Sections
Shortcuts