Does the Lock- out help us get Howard????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Does the Lock- out help us get Howard????

Celtics now free to dream about Howard

Views
    Comments

08:06 AM ET 07.13 | The lockout could be a game-changer in Boston's chances of landing Dwight Howard. For weeks, I have not wavered from my belief that Howard will never wear the Green and White, at least not in these prime years of his career. And the reason is simple. If the Orlando Magic can't re-sign him at some point during the 2011-2012 season, they will surely trade him to the highest bidder. And the Celtics don't have enough attractive chips to be a real player in the Howard sweepstakes. But if there's no 2011-2012 season, that is what we would call a game-changer in the pursuit of Howard. He could terminate his contract and thus become a free agent next summer. This would rob the Magic of having an opportunity to move him and get something in return this upcoming season.

CSNNE.com

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/296173-celtics-now-free-to-dream-about-howard?sct=nba_t2_a5&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI#ixzz1S1dyOWO3 Dwight Howard, Getty ImagesHe would look good in Green!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Does the Lock- out help us get Howard????

Dwight-howard-celtics_original_crop_340x234Thats more like it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It does, but ORL will not make it easy.  They will offer him the max deal, and make him out to be LeBron if he leaves.  This guy loves to be loved, and I don't think he will leave ORL after all is said and done!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I still think we're dreaming.  I don't think he'd come here for one.  And I'm personally not convinced he's someone whom one can necessarily build a winner around.  I may be wrong, but I've never seen a killer instinct in his game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Did'nt people say that about Kg in Minnie...???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Sources: Celtics, Wolves agree to Garnett megadeal

The clincher, though, was Garnett's willingness to back off his well-chronicled refusal to play in Boston.
     Garnett's unwillingness to make a long-term commitment to the Celtics abruptly took this deal off the table in June, but McHale and his Boston counterpart, ex-teammate Danny Ainge, managed to resuscitate the trade and quickly move it to the brink of completion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2954127

This was only a dream at one time too!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Does the Lock- out help us get Howard????:
    [QUOTE]Thats more like it...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

There isn't an ex-smeltic (McFale) in Orlando to 'rebuild ' (lmao) like thumper had in Minny. Dream on, he stays in Orlando or becomes the next great center in Laker lore!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I am sure that Howard thinks there are a lot worse things than playing for Doc Rivers with Rondo dishing him the ball for the next 8 years or so. Probably a big dream, but so was the taking Bird with the 6th pick, or getting Garnett to agree to a deal, or coming back 3-0 vs the Yankees. Just one more miracle...please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Howard likes Doc, and we have the money to do it in 2012. We are on his list.  That is where it stands.  

The Lakers have the players to make the trade. That is the x-factor.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If I were Howard, i would watch replays of this year's Celtic season...
    Schakster getting the ball over and over...imagine a young schack or the best replica..being Howard...The lakers bigs have to beg and complain in order to get the ball,,to the point that the wives start fighting and bickering.even Schack had to beg for the ball in his prime.....consider the different cultures.also playing with some of the best veterans to ever play the game...to even create your very own Big three....In Boston, you play defense, you get the ball..you run the floor, Rondo will find you!!! To quote an ex laker poster.."just saying"...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]If I were Howard, i would watch replays of this year's Celtic season... Schakster getting the ball over and over...imagine a young schack or the best replica..being Howard...The lakers bigs have to beg and complain in order to get the ball,,to the point that the wives start fighting and bickering.even Schack had to beg for the ball in his prime.....consider the different cultures.also playing with some of the best veterans to ever play the game...to even create your very own Big three....In Boston, you play defense, you get the ball..you run the floor, Rondo will find you!!! To quote an ex laker poster.."just saying"...

BINGO!

From a basketball standpoint, Rondo is the perfect teammate for Howard.  Look at what Rondo did with old-fat-washed-up-Shaq

And Phil Jackson might have been a good sell for Howard in L.A., but Mike Brown is a poor man's Doc Rivers and I think even Lakers fans know it.  Plus Kobe will be like Shaq was, thinking he's the alpha dog despite his body finally showing its wear and tear as he ages.

On top of that, Howard *hates* being compared to Shaq.  Imagine the scrutiny he'd get being a center on a team with Kobe in Los Angeles?

I'd bet on the new CBA giving the Magic the means to keep him and I could see the Lakers trading for him (L.A. is one of the few places that Gilbert Arenas as a combo guard would make sense), but I don't see him signing with the Lakers on his own.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does the Lock- out help us get Howard???? : Lakers have the players to make the trade, but the Lakers can't afford to take back a bad contract as it would also cost them either Gasol or Odom. And it's unrealistic to expect the Magic to agree to a straight up Howard for Bynum swap. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you about the Lakers.  Even if they were to trade for Howard they would have to give up Gasol or Odom in the trade.  I am not convinced that would make them better. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Howard likes Doc, and we have the money to do it in 2012. We are on his list.  That is where it stands.   The Lakers have the players to make the trade. That is the x-factor.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

We're on his list?  Where'd you read that?  I read his list was the Nets, the Lakers, the Mavs, and one other team I forget...

I do think that Doc, now the best players' coaches in the league (Poppovich seems more stern and old-school and X's-&-O's), is the biggest edge the Celtics have in luring Howard, though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Artist that is what I said.  We are on the  list because of Doc.  

Fierce,
    I cannot imagine that Orlando would get less than Odom and Bynum. Bynum alone is never going to happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Boston on the list cause of cry me a river?

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

I can just hear it....cry me a river to DH in a huddle with 3 mins to go and a game on the line....."move, move ,move, believe in yourselves!"

Profound! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does the Lock- out help us get Howard???? : Absolutely!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    If we get  him, I will bow to your greatness!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If we get him, Danny should get his own statue...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]If we get him, Danny should get his own statue...

Got the perfect statue for danny boi....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Idk how I would feel about the Celtics going after Howard, I feel we could use that max contract money on some young talent to build around Rondo. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    Another argument against LAL is they already have one ball hog.
    And I hope D12 understands that in LAL he'll be at the Kobe's mercy  to get a ball.

AK

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]Hi, Another argument against LAL is they already have one ball hog. And I hope D12 understands that in LAL he'll be at the Kobe's mercy  to get a ball. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

Hell of a ball hog....won 5 NBA championships! Compared to wheelchair, go ball hogging!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think he stays in ORL.  I have a feeling the new CBA will benefit the owners in that regard.  I understand that he MAY come to BOS via free agency.  I also understand that the only way he goes to LAL is via trade for Bynum.  ORL will probably say take Arenas as well, which should kill the deal!!

Sections
Shortcuts