Does this bother anyone else?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Does this bother anyone else?

Guys --
    I didn't mean this to devolve into a dissection of one loss.   I'm talking about years of watching last second plays that involve taking a jump shot way too late for a rebound, and never a thought to take it inside and maybe draw a foul.  I think dribbling down the clock too far at the end is pretty much the worst play in basketball.

cheers -- 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Does this bother anyone else?:
    [QUOTE]not sure ab the violation but you are right, KG touched it first but I think Rondo got cute and KG was thinking damn, he's never going to pick it up!
    Posted by jhol[/QUOTE]
    KG inbounded the ball and Rondo let it roll all the way across the half court line.  That is when KG picked it up and attempted that horrible pass resulting in the turnover.

When I was watching, I yelled that KG can't touch the ball when he's the one who inbounded it.  I just figured Rondo was waiting for KG to get past him and into position.

I just did not see Rondo touch the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I have last night's game taped.  I didn't see it yet but I saw the final play.  A lot of times I think Pierce would like to drive to the basket and get the foul, but they simply don't believe they'll get the call.  There are times when you watch the game and get the feeling that the C's believe they aren't going to get any help from the refs, and that if they drive they will just get mugged.  How many times have we seen ray grabbed by the wrist at the end with no call, or pierce bodied up.  Again, I didn't see the action leading up to the final play.

I did watch the 2nd half of the thunder game, and I believe that was one of the nba's predetermined outcome games to help out the struggling heat.  How they could let KD get blown up like that on a moving screen and not call it....just obvious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

[QUOTE]Guys -- I didn't mean this to devolve into a dissection of one loss.   I'm talking about years of watching last second plays that involve taking a jump shot way too late for a rebound, and never a thought to take it inside and maybe draw a foul.  I think dribbling down the clock too far at the end is pretty much the worst play in basketball. cheers -- 
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

Rondo letting the ball roll down the court IS a last second play and he has been doing it for years. Terrible play, I hate it. It gives the defense all the time in the world to get set and saves at most 2-3 seconds off the clock. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Guys -- I didn't mean this to devolve into a dissection of one loss.   I'm talking about years of watching last second plays that involve taking a jump shot way too late for a rebound, and never a thought to take it inside and maybe draw a foul.  I think dribbling down the clock too far at the end is pretty much the worst play in basketball. cheers -- 
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]
    I hear you Number6Fan.  This isn't really about last night's game only.  I remember awhile back when we seemed to execute perfectly at the end of games.  Whether it was Ray nailing a 3 to beat the Bobcats, Pierce hitting a shot to beat the Knicks as Nate almost tears off his head,  Big Baby beating Orlando on a pefectly executed final play, Rondo finishing the perfectly executed out of bounds play to beat Miami or KG finishing at the rim to beat the Knicks as Shaq dances in the locker room, we have always been great in those situations.

But lately, we've seemed to struggle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Hey, if you let it come down to the last play you're looking at a 50-50 situation.  If you have a great closer, maybe 55-45.  That's how it is.

Looking at the ft lines, it doesn't look like they were calling many.  Maybe that was part of Pierce's decision to take the jumper.

Now the thunder/heat game...that was free throw city.  I fast forwarded over what seemed like 10 possessions in a row that resulted in free throws.  Maybe they thought the heat were tired.

I see the heat were 26-29 from the line last night.  The thunder shot 20.  Since when were the thunder more physical than miami?

Sections
Shortcuts