Donny Marshall putting his rep on the line, blockbuster trade with SAC happening

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Donny Marshall putting his rep on the line, blockbuster trade with SAC happening

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/17/report-boston-celtics-talking-rondo-multi-player-trade-with-kings/

Either Donny is so stupid that he read that outdated Latino Post crap article and believed it, or he is ballsy enough to make something up for publicity, or he may know something.

He thinks Rondo & Wallace will be shipped to the Kings. 

My Guess:

BOS: Thomas, McClemore, Thornton, Thompson, 2014 1st, 2016 1st, rights to swap in 2015

SAC: Rondo, Wallace

Thats a tough trade to swallow. I dont know what we do with Thompson's money with all of our PFs and Thornton is paid through next year at 8M per... yikes!

My only thought would be to somehow parlay Thompson into an Asik deal. Maybe one of the Kings picks goes with Thompson for Asik, or maybe we add Courtney Lee to the mix. 

This works:

BOS: Thomas, McClemore, Thornton, Asik, 2014 Kings 1st, 2016 Kings 1st

SAC: Rondo, Wallace

HOU: Thompson, 2015 Clippers 1st, (Brooks)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=luesfcs

What would this do to our poor team?

Crawford / Thomas / Pressey

Bradley / McClemore / Lee / Thornton / Bogans

Green / Bass

Sullinger / Olynyk / Humphries

Asik / Favarani

Thats 15 men and a mess of a roster. I hope Danny does not do this trade!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Donny Marshall putting his rep on the line, blockbuster trade with SAC happening

The only thing coming I like about the trade is maclemore and the draft pick(s).

And of course unloading wallace is great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Re: Donny Marshall putting his rep on the line, blockbuster trade with SAC happening

I'm with you R9R and Donny...some HUGE is going down for sure. I think a building block like Asik is essential though. DA knows this is the Boston Celtics and not the Boston Bucks. He wants that championship team so the comfortable mediocrity will be sacraficed. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I saw Donny's comments earlier too.  I think Donny went out of his way to say that he doesn't see the trade match as particularly good.  Maybe he's helping DA out by putting rumours out there to create a market or make it look like there are other bidders for players on the Celtics' roster.  I don't see the match either, the Kings are definitely getting the best player in the deal, which is how I like to judge trades. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Due to a prior trade with Cleveland the Kings owe a pick to CAVS that is protected over the years (ie top 12 protected in 2014, top 10 prot 2015-17.  Due to this they can't trade another first rounder until at least 2019.  There is also a 7 yr rule with draft picks where you cant trade picks more than 7 yrs into the future (this season being 2013).  Gets a little complicated but essentially they don't have first round picks to trade until they satify giving a pick to CAVS.  Maybe a deal with Kings materializing out there somewhere due to all the chatter but unless they circumvent something it likely won't involve any 1st round picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Donny Marshall is a troglodyte.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Donny has said Rondo is getting shipped more times than Pud has. Both the kings and Celtics deny their have been any talks. 

Also multiple trustworthy sources, Sherrod Blakely, Sam Amick. reporting trade not happening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

A. Sherrod Blakely: Spoke w/source moments ago who said the latest Rajon Rondo rumor that he will be traded to the Sacramento #Kings, is "not happening." Twitter @SherrodbCSN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics#sthash.7dy25i3M.dpuf

There you go. Told you he was a troglodyte.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Sure, he's got to be right sometime.

and at least it gets his name out there, even if negative

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Marshall might have a gripe how his good buddy Allen has been treated since he choose 1/2 the money to play with Heat and wants to rattle Boston's chains. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welll...when you have no rep, you have nothing to lose... :)

[/QUOTE]

I agree. This is total crap. What a tool DMarsh is. He made it sound so convincing. What a freaking joke and a waste of air.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Donny is a dope.... :)  If nothing comes of this it should be a good lesson to him that you have to get a few right before you make one wrong. :) 

I do think Ainge might trade Rondo, and Rondo/Wallace would be a good combo if we can get away with it - but: I expect Rondo to have to prove himself again before we could trade him for anything decent. 

The Kings are far from the ideal trading partner. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A. Sherrod Blakely: Spoke w/source moments ago who said the latest Rajon Rondo rumor that he will be traded to the Sacramento #Kings, is "not happening." Twitter @SherrodbCSN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics#sthash.7dy25i3M.dpuf

There you go. Told you he was a troglodyte.

[/QUOTE]

Look, I'm the REAL DFURY, so take a walk off the deep end.  You have absolutely no knowledge of what the C's will do.  Hell, you have to watch C's games from nosebleed seats! Missingteeth

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Hey fbomb fake fraudulent fury is back to insult me. How are your Lakers doing? Great signing to bring Kobe back and alienate potential free agents and if he gets hurt worse the Lakers are stuck in mediocrity for a few years. Let's see I've watched the Celtis since the 80's, you don't know what showtime is. All you know is Kobe and Shaq and that's about it. Run along creep.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to spewey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Due to a prior trade with Cleveland the Kings owe a pick to CAVS that is protected over the years (ie top 12 protected in 2014, top 10 prot 2015-17.  Due to this they can't trade another first rounder until at least 2019....   

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

What rep?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Donny is a dope.... :)  If nothing comes of this it should be a good lesson to him that you have to get a few right before you make one wrong. :) 

I do think Ainge might trade Rondo, and Rondo/Wallace would be a good combo if we can get away with it - but: I expect Rondo to have to prove himself again before we could trade him for anything decent. 

The Kings are far from the ideal trading partner. :)

[/QUOTE]I like Donny Marshall !!!   Rondo, the "ALL WORLD AAU POINT GUARD" WILL BE GONE SOOOOON....  No N B A team can win wit a poooor shoooting P G....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What rep?

[/QUOTE]

+ 1