Donny Marshall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Donny Marshall

Donny has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer.  And recently Gary Tanguay never really asks even semi-tough questions.  

Last night Donny announced that the KG play should have been a jump ball and that the Celtics were not a championship team as presently constructed. Many of us share these views but Marshall as a quote insider never seems to bring anything close to insider views. Being pleasant has always been his number one appeal but recently he seems rarely able to articulate anything but the obvious.

I wondered last night that he is going to fired and is trying to seem less like a homer. Maybe he is trying to audition for another job.  Maybe he should go to the Nets or Cavs his former teams where he played sparingly for three years.

He seems a lot more qualified for teams like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Donny Marshall

I dont mind Donny, he knows a lot more than Gare Bear.  He usually is on point....but I am not gonna hate on him for dropping his homerism.  He seems to generally like this celtics team but sometime you have to tell it like it is.  He is much better than those clown on TNT and ESPN.

Would you rather Ernie, Charles, The jet? J.Rose?   Donny may take Tommy's job when he is done....and I wouldnt be mad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

S.Freud couldnt have figured out last nights game..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Weird game. I'd have probably curled up into the fetal position until game 3 had they lost. They better win a playoff game against the Knicks without Amare and Billups, right? Bill Walker MVP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

It was a great game. Speaking of Freud, the Celtics are pealing away their team and individual problems of the last two months...it's a process, that is being played out on the hardwood. Can't think of another team I'd rather root for with all my heart. Go Celtics!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Sure, freud could have figured it out.  Ray was distracted by his mom.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't think Donny Marshall has ever really explained or analyzed anything noteworthy about the Celtics. If you think he is better than Barkley and Kenny Smith in terms of content regarding NBA play and its players, you have got to be kidding.  Donny was barely a pro, barely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, donny WAS a pro and it surely WASN'T because of his great talent, so I assume he must have been a smart player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Donny Marshall:
    [QUOTE]Donny has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer.  And recently Gary Tanguay never really asks even semi-tough questions.   Last night Donny announced that the KG play should have been a jump ball and that the Celtics were not a championship team as presently constructed. Many of us share these views but Marshall as a quote insider never seems to bring anything close to insider views. Being pleasant has always been his number one appeal but recently he seems rarely able to articulate anything but the obvious. I wondered last night that he is going to fired and is trying to seem less like a homer. Maybe he is trying to audition for another job.  Maybe he should go to the Nets or Cavs his former teams where he played sparingly for three years. He seems a lot more qualified for teams like that.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

For some reason we are supposed to think that when an athlete opens his mouth something profound will come out and make us all better humans as a result.  I always used to laugh at people in the media talking about how Pedro Martinez was some sort of genius as if throwing a ball and making bad jokes in broken English makes someone a genius.

The very first sentence of your post says it all.  He is not all that bright.  I posit that for any ex-professional-athlete their next original thought will be the first.

We see endless interviews and commentary spewed forth in cliches and mostly in ebonics and we are somehow supposed to think that there is some sort of groundbreaking information forthcoming........

Donny Marshall should be on his knees every morning and night and during the day thanking his maker for the gift that he has been given.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

All im saying is you dont have to be a star to know the game...and hangin with the team and being on the plane are differnet things....why would he know why the Celtics are struggling?  none of us can figure it out....

Barkley is the biggest idiot on t.v. and you want me to learn something from him,...not thanks...I play ball, I know all I need to know and think Donny does his job,...thats all, if you want a cleo to tell you gossip and future happenings, than thats a different story...I do thik Donny talks articulately and has more intellegence than barkey and those guys....only one knows b-ball is C.Webb, the rest are old farts who should be golfing not commentating on anything....Barkley hates the C's so bad, he had an excuse everytime we beat the heat by saying the Heat just arent playing the way they should , but Boston got lucky or some b.s. like that....E FF that hater!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Here here on cWeb, the best player/analyst in the nba realm.