Don't do it,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Don't do it,

There is enough talent on this team to keep moving forward and competing for a title this year. Moves can be done at the end of the season. Team needs to look with in and move forward. I believe there is still enough talent on this team to compete for a title this year. Get Melo up here now and it's time to use him or get rid of him. I prefer to use him. Doc needs to use what he has and if anyone does not like their roles you see the end of the bench if you don't like it, if not the tunnel will be your next move. Man up as men, put on the Celtic uniform and get out there and play like you want to win it all. Enough B.S. of blowing up this team, like I said put on the Celtic uniform and play like a Celtic.

PG - AB     CL

SG-  PP     JT

SF-   JG    LB

PF-   JS     BB

C -   KG    CW/FM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Don't do it,

It isn't a bad team. I love every Celtics team, I have been diehard since 75 or so.

With that said I saw what happened with the Bird, Mchale Parish teams.  Obviously it Lewis and Bias had not passed away things would have been diffferent, but I hate seeing this team go down that same path.

I think if Bass, and Terry can be given away for anyone that has an expiring contract...anyone, that they need to do it.  I think Green's contract is bad, I don't think he will ever live up to his promise.

I think Pierce might relish the opportunity to go to a team that has a shot this year, the guy is a warrior, and if we can move him and somehow get some draft picks I think it should be done.

I don't think this team has any sort of shot at getting out of the East.

Again if moves are not made I will support this team until the end.  I always do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to vertmont's comment:

There is enough talent on this team to keep moving forward and competing for a title this year. Moves can be done at the end of the season. Team needs to look with in and move forward. I believe there is still enough talent on this team to compete for a title this year. Get Melo up here now and it's time to use him or get rid of him. I prefer to use him. Doc needs to use what he has and if anyone does not like their roles you see the end of the bench if you don't like it, if not the tunnel will be your next move. Man up as men, put on the Celtic uniform and get out there and play like you want to win it all. Enough B.S. of blowing up this team, like I said put on the Celtic uniform and play like a Celtic.

PG - AB     CL

SG-  PP     JT

SF-   JG    LB

PF-   JS     BB

C -   KG    CW/FM

LOL! Nice post. They need you in the locker room. I agree

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I will not disect it too. Rondo is important to the team but hell, we are stunk even Rondo in a good health. We are not winning and Rondo can't carry the team...he's a complimentary player.....so, find a sharp shooter & a center and try it one more time. Garnett/Pierce last year - you have to try.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

PG - AB     CL

SG-  PP     JT

SF-   JG    LB

PF-   JS     BB

C -   KG    CW/FM

Well stated Vertmont! I really like the recommendation to get Melo up here! 

Churchill said it best "never, never, never give up" 

Go Celtics! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

There is enough talent on this team to keep moving forward and competing for a title this year.

Memo to DA: Fire doc... hire Vertmont!

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

LOL,  There is enough talent?  Where ?  This team is under .500 with all this talent.  And now one of their more telented players is done for the year.  Lets face facts here.  This team is going no where.  There is no big man center to help Garnett.  And now there is no PG.  I will still follow the C's but htey were hard to watch with all their talent in there llosing each night.  DA has  no clue.  A glaring weakness has never been filled at PG and Starting C.  What kind of GM leaves these positions unfilled.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

It's not that hard to figure out. No rebounds, no rings.

And if you can't score in the paint, how can you beat the Heat 4 times in a playoff series?

exactly!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Yes they are talented but their talents are not suited for this year Celtics!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Celtics couldnt rebound last year either but were one quarter away from the NBA finals...

We win games based upon our defense... we saw how effective that can be agasint the HEat.. We didnt win that game cause one of our guys was red hot...or the HEat had a really off ggame. We won cause our D was smothering...  No matter how bad our offense might be, if we D up like that, we'll be in most games and win a lot.

Now we need DOc to get hit by lightning and become a smart coach.. We need DA to find a way to get either a big body that can contribute defensively or a PG... If not, I like using Barbosa at PG if he can tone down his shoot shoot shoot mentality..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Nice sentiment, but if there's a good trade out there for our future, take it.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Easier said than done to rebuild, with the new salary cap in place teams don't want to give up multiple draft picks and young players for aging All Stars anymore. We wouldn't get equal value in return for PP or KG, just like with trading Rondo (before his injury). Maybe we should indeed stand pat and see where it takes us. Getting a serviceable big would help though. The off-season is a more appropriate time to head in another direction.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Funny, when fierce read the rebounding article in Boston.com, he starts making noises in rebounding department. When the sun rises, he talks of shinning light - when the sun sets - he talkS zhyte!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

LOL,  There is enough talent?  Where ?  This team is under .500 with all this talent.  And now one of their more telented players is done for the year.  Lets face facts here.  This team is going no where.  There is no big man center to help Garnett.  And now there is no PG.  I will still follow the C's but htey were hard to watch with all their talent in there llosing each night.  DA has  no clue.  A glaring weakness has never been filled at PG and Starting C.  What kind of GM leaves these positions unfilled.  

not sure abut the Rondo effect ;

This year without Rondo 3-3 (.500)

This year with Rondo 18-20 (.473)

Last year without Rondo 8-5 (.615)

Last year with Rondo 31-22 (.584)

too early to say yet, but Ainge/Doc need to see just how this team plays W/O Rondo for a few more games IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Nice sentiment, but if there's a good trade out there for our future, take it.

You might be right.  Danny may decide to make trades this season that will start the rebuilding process.  We don't really know what Danny will do and how he feels the injury to Rondo will influence the Celtics performance for the remainder of the season. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Anything can happen.  The Celtics can not stand pat.  This idea that we have some kind of nucleus is not accurate.  If we can make a trade for a big man and move for a point guard of some value we can play this year out and be prepared for what happened in the East last year. Opportunity through injuries and streaky play always allow for playoff upsets.  We are a team that will either be a victim or a benificiary of something like last year. Getting a big man will be something we need next year and this year. This team was 20-23 with Rondo so how good were we?  What matters is how good we are in the playoffs.  

By the way those that are convinced Melo is a keeper I hope are right but there is better than 50-50 chance they are wrong.  So hype him and move him with Bass for someone you know can get the job done.  If it is possible this team could make a run like last year if things line up again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

PG - AB     CL

SG-  PP     JT

SF-   JG    LB

PF-   JS     BB

C -   KG    CW/FM

2nd unit SF LB (Leandro Barbosa) ?

Dude, the guy is a center...............

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Come on, the worst rebounding team in the NBA and no one who can score inside"

" iT'S NOT That hard to figure out. No rebounds, no rings"

"Again, no team in NBA history has won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds per game in the regular season."

The mass communication major copying Boston.com article

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I will work now and feed you

Sections
Shortcuts