Don't do it,

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Re: Don't do it,

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

I will not disect it too. Rondo is important to the team but hell, we are stunk even Rondo in a good health. We are not winning and Rondo can't carry the team...he's a complimentary player.....so, find a sharp shooter & a center and try it one more time. Garnett/Pierce last year - you have to try.

+1 Nothing to be gained by blowing it up now. If we get everyone playing well it will increase any trade value for the post july trade season.  I agree with you on the 5 and the sharp shooter/defender type and do believe in the team as is.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

No doubt that a quality center would change the dynamics and outcomes, but those player come with high prices.  Are the Celtics in appreciably better financial shape now than than they were during the summer and early fall?  Part of the "price" will be players going out the door, but those with value are also of value to the Celtics, so what is gained and what is lost would have to be in the Celtics favor and not a lateral move; otherwise, why do it at all if the results (Ws vs Ls) wouldn't change much?  Satisfying posters on this board isn't a strong enough reason to make changes, but a trade that would return more than what it gives has to be the only consideration.  I haven't read of too many scenarios (if at all) in which Boston gets a player or players who will bring a championship.  Most of what I've read has been to get rid of guys for one reason or another without bringing back any better value to the team (not just at a position).  We'd still be in today's position of not having a true point had the funny Gasol/Rondo swap happened.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

+1 Nothing to be gained by blowing it up now. If we get everyone playing well it will increase any trade value for the post july trade season.  I agree with you on the 5 and the sharp shooter/defender type and do believe in the team as is.

To raise trade value the Celts have to make the trades before July 1, 2013, not after July 1. After July 1 Pierce would either be kept for 15.5m or he's waived regardless of what team he's on.[/QUOTE]

Guess I meant to say "pre" July..thanks for the correction. Sometimes I do that It doesn't alter the fact though that a few of our guys aren't that valuable right now but with the "grit" that see exhibited, their value could vastly change after late Feb. or early March.

Sections
Shortcuts