Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but..

THIS is what the league has become.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but..

dont tell me that a running team cannot win a title, bc both these teams are title contenders and looking like the best in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but..:
    [QUOTE]dont tell me that a running team cannot win a title, bc both these teams are title contenders and looking like the best in the league.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    The Knicks are definitely not looking like the best in the league. What are you talking about the Heat?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but.. : The Heat were always great in the regular season. Are championships won in the regular season? The Spurs ran and ran and ran all the way to 60 wins. Then the #8 seed Grizz punched them in them in the grill in the playoffs. The Spurs couldn't run against the Grizz. It's looking like the Heat will win a championship. If they do then they're the first running team to do it without a dominating big man. But until it happens, it remains to be seen. And the Heat's starting PG is shooting 82% from the FT line and 46.5% from 3pt land.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Yes, but our PG has a better psychotherapist

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but.. : The Heat were always great in the regular season. Are championships won in the regular season? The Spurs ran and ran and ran all the way to 60 wins. Then the #8 seed Grizz punched them in them in the grill in the playoffs. The Spurs couldn't run against the Grizz. It's looking like the Heat will win a championship. If they do then they're the first running team to do it without a dominating big man. But until it happens, it remains to be seen. And the Heat's starting PG is shooting 82% from the FT line and 46.5% from 3pt land.

all im saying is the "no running team wins a title" is flawed bc the league is changing. it never used to be grab the rebound, run, run run. this has started happening, and you are starting to see teams (Heat, Knicks, Warriors, Grizzlies, Pacers, Nuggets) get out on the fastbreak and kill teams like us with young legs.

we do need a big man, its clear. but it might not be a Marc Gasol we need. i would prefer a Nene, D Jordan or Tyson Chandler type Center.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but.. : all im saying is the "no running team wins a title" is flawed bc the league is changing. it never used to be grab the rebound, run, run run. this has started happening, and you are starting to see teams (Heat, Knicks, Warriors, Grizzlies, Pacers, Nuggets) get out on the fastbreak and kill teams like us with young legs. we do need a big man, its clear. but it might not be a Marc Gasol we need. i would prefer a Nene, D Jordan or Tyson Chandler type Center.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

It used to happen all the time,  the Lakers, Celtics, etc.  In the 80's they rountinely scored 110-120 pts a game.  The Heat will probably win this year as they seem to have gotten some good bench players.  Another team will have to play out of the world to beat them. But it is possible. Who would have thought the Pats would lose after going undefeated. Anything can happen.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but.. : I agree with that, we only need a Tyson Chandler Center. Also, all those teams you mentioned, Heat, Knicks, Warriors, Grizz, Pacers, and Nuggets have starting PGs that shoot at least 80% from the FT line. So when they're running and the PG gets fouled, the opposing team will pay for fouling. 

its sad that you cant help taking a swipe at Rondo in every single thread you post in..you really REALLY dont like the guy huh..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but.. : I agree with that, we only need a Tyson Chandler Center. Also, all those teams you mentioned, Heat, Knicks, Warriors, Grizz, Pacers, and Nuggets have starting PGs that shoot at least 80% from the FT line. So when they're running and the PG gets fouled, the opposing team will pay for fouling. 

p.s - Jeremy Lin is shooting 75% from the free throw line..you must provide accurate facts to gain credibility Fierce.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I watched that series (I'm a Spurs fan, as well).  What you stated is NOT true.  The Spurs did not run all season to 60 wins.  To the contrary, the slow Spurs shot jump shots all season (a LOT of 3 point jump shots) and played a great half court game.  When the playoffs came, two things happened:  1. Manu Ginobli was hurt and 2. the Jump shots were not falling as some of the younger players they had simply had not faced playoff pressure before.

Try not to rewrite history to support your point because your point is invalid.  

The Celtics in 2008 were a very well rounded team.  They ran, played great defense, shot jump shots extremely well, and had Pierce penetrating to the basket.  They did NOT have a lot of post up game (Perk was the starting Center and he didn't post up well at all).  Pierce, however, penetrated to the basket a lot and Ray was Ray.  House, Posey, Ray, and Cassell were  jump shooters.  Powe and Davis did a lot of rebound dirty work (rebounds) and got baskets on fast breaks.   That running team was also well rounded.  THAT is what I mean by a "running team".....not just a team that runs exclusively but can run to get easy baskets and ALSO play the half court game.   I can't believe you really don't want to see the C's run more and get more easy baskets.  That formula does work!

Watch the Heat and Bulls this year to see another version. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I have to agree with Fierce on this.  I watch a lot of Spurs since they are in my home state and there was quite a big deal made of the the change of the spurs converting from a slow down team to a running team.  they were 5th in the league in scoring last year and I think this year.  Pretty sure they are a running team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

celtsfan4life, you are right.  Spurs are not a good example of a face break team.  Most people who watch basketball would associate the spurs as a half court team, but when they are at their best they can play an all around good game, just like someone was saying about the celtics in 07-08.  I would actually say the celtics of 07 were more of a fast break team as they constantly tried to force turnovers and push it to find an open ray or pierce or even eddie house on the wing for a 3 or an easy 2.  The heat are a face pace team because they have two of the best athletes in the game as well as the fact they play great defense and force turnovers.  Like I said, the spurs on the other hand are not your typical fast break, run and gun team.  A lot of half court sets with parker driving and dishing and using his mid range game.  And yea what are we talking about....Showtime Lakers ran all the time along with a lot of teams in the 80s, thus the high scoring.  I don't know if you mean the spurs ran ran ran to 60 wins as in they won a lot of games in the reg season, but to call them a fast break team is wrong.  Stop reading bleacherreport and watch basketball.  Just because parker is fast and scores on the break doesn't mean we should call the celtics a fast break team cause rondo does a lot of damage on the break. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but.. : I watched that series (I'm a Spurs fan, as well).  What you stated is NOT true.  The Spurs did not run all season to 60 wins.  To the contrary, the slow Spurs shot jump shots all season (a LOT of 3 point jump shots) and played a great half court game.  When the playoffs came, two things happened:  1. Manu Ginobli was hurt and 2. the Jump shots were not falling as some of the younger players they had simply had not faced playoff pressure before. Try not to rewrite history to support your point because your point is invalid.   The Celtics in 2008 were a very well rounded team.  They ran, played great defense, shot jump shots extremely well, and had Pierce penetrating to the basket.  They did NOT have a lot of post up game (Perk was the starting Center and he didn't post up well at all).  Pierce, however, penetrated to the basket a lot and Ray was Ray.  House, Posey, Ray, and Cassell were  jump shooters.  Powe and Davis did a lot of rebound dirty work (rebounds) and got baskets on fast breaks.   That running team was also well rounded.  THAT is what I mean by a "running team".....not just a team that runs exclusively but can run to get easy baskets and ALSO play the half court game.   I can't believe you really don't want to see the C's run more and get more easy baskets.  That formula does work! Watch the Heat and Bulls this year to see another version. 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Dont forget the Thunder....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont know if anyones watching this Heat Knicks game but.. : The Thunder are a running team with Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka, the best shot-blocker in the NBA this season. Not exactly a running team that's weak in the frontcourt.

They have no offensive low post game like youre always preaching ... and stop with the Kendrick Perkins thing... he is a fish out of water with that team....on both ends....Ibaka is a shot blocker yeah but offensively not a low post player...

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts