Don't Let History Repeat Itself

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Re: Don't Let History Repeat Itself

Unfortunately there are a lot of fans out there who feel that PP & KG both deserve to play out the string and retire as Celtics. Maybe they are pink hats and/or just overly sentimental but they seem to be believing DA when he says that he won't be able to get anything better than what we have so we should just keep them both.

That said, it was refreshing to hear Bob Ryan point out on WEEI this week that the C's have already lost Ray Allen without getting anything in return and that he hopes DA doesn't end up doing the same with PP & KG.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id have to reluctantly agree..  by moving out PP & KG, we might not get much in return (cant really say) but if we bought out PP and KG retired, wouldnt the team have a ton of $$ to sign some FAs?

We need to get a bit younger with a couple top players to keep us in the hunt the next 5-10 years.. that plus a coach that knows how to coach. We can always hier an extra girl for the Celtics cheerleader squad to replace Doc

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

we need to figure out a way to respecfully part ways with PP and, to a lesser extent, KG. if i knew that sully would be back 100% healthy, then i'd say we can part ways with KG as well. a healthy sully and bass at the 4 would be OK.

but PP, much as i love him and as much as he's a true celtic legend, should move on. green should start at the 3 and he does not need PP looking over his shoulder. green needs to know that the SF position is his now.

like sully, a healthy rondo can handle the PG spot. it'd be nice to have a decent backup PG. if rondo is not 100%, then we're in trouble at the point.

we need to figure out how to get rid of terry and his contract. he has been a bust. we need a young outside shooter at the 2 and terry is not the answer. lee is probably a bench player. and bradley, much as a like him, is a very good combo guard/6th man type player. but he is not a starting SG because of his shot.

and, obviously, we need a center badly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If the Spurs can be the best in the West with an aging Duncan and Ginobeli, why can't the Celtics due that. Two differences; First Pop rests his vets and plays 10 guys regularly, even in the playoffs. Second, the GM gets strong supporting cast like Splitter, for example. They also have the most underated All Star in the league in Parker. But end of the day; if Doc could really limit Paul and KG to 27minutes and rest them and Danny could get real role players (like Sully, for example)...I think the current Celtic team needs to catch a break with a Splitter like big (it could be Randolph if Doc plays him next year and he stays); and a bigger two who can make a shot.  For ego smoothing, if I were coach, I would make Paul and KG the dual sixth-men, so they both come in together mid to late first quarter.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Id have to reluctantly agree..  by moving out PP & KG, we might not get much in return (cant really say) but if we bought out PP and KG retired, wouldnt the team have a ton of $$ to sign some FAs?

We need to get a bit younger with a couple top players to keep us in the hunt the next 5-10 years.. that plus a coach that knows how to coach. We can always hier an extra girl for the Celtics cheerleader squad to replace Doc

Yes!

If the Celts amnesty Pierce and KG retires, the Celts would have around 13m in cap space to go after Big Al, Dwight Howard, or Josh Smith.

Josh Smith may come here to be with Rondo but don't think Doc is a big fan of his, so this might be where DA & Doc decide to part ways?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Josh Smith will just make us a middle of the pack team. Then we can also go with one more year KG and PP.

Sections
Shortcuts