Don't look now, but a few days ago I said ANY INJURY CAN HAPPEN.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Don't look now, but a few days ago I said ANY INJURY CAN HAPPEN.....

Bosh out INDEFINITELY according to yahoo sports.  and we just gave up home court against a lousy philly team.  we could EASILY make it out of the east and look at what we just did to ourselves tonight.

again, make the job so much harder than it has to be.  ONE MORE GAME like this of constant fighting down to the last second while a sub mediocre opponent is BEGGING to be put away all night and i dare say we are finished- no chances of doing anything.

how does a team with this much veteran experience play THIS LOUSY and really just look half @$$Ed on your home floor, defending home court advantage in the playoffs?  dare we intimate that doc is.....  not doing much or not having much effect as far as righting the rudder??????!

i mean we played HALF of this game just slightly better than neismith himself would have tonight and he's been in the bone garden a LONG time

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Don't look now, but a few days ago I said ANY INJURY CAN HAPPEN.....

Just imagine playing the heat with NO bosh!!  sure he's no moses malone but he's the best thing they have at the 4/5.  that's huge.

And then just keep imagining because if our team can't stop playing like a bunch of benoit benjamin's, philly is going to take this series, or we will continue that make ourselves spend so much energy (getting leads, giving them up, and then giving PHI a 8 or 10 pt lead) that we won't have anything left for another series!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bosh-indefinitely-heat-pacers-adjust-185514949--nba.html;_ylt=AgzM_w4Wy7pKpy3VjbHmLdG8vLYF

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Don't look now, but a few days ago I said ANY INJURY CAN HAPPEN.....:
    [QUOTE]Just imagine playing the heat with NO bosh!!  sure he's no moses malone but he's the best thing they have at the 4/5.  that's huge. And then just keep imagining because if our team can't stop playing like a bunch of benoit benjamin's, philly is going to take this series, or we will continue that make ourselves spend so much energy (getting leads, giving them up, and then giving PHI a 8 or 10 pt lead) that we won't have anything left for another series! http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bosh-indefinitely-heat-pacers-adjust-185514949--nba.html;_ylt=AgzM_w4Wy7pKpy3VjbHmLdG8vLYF
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    We have our own injuries.  Pierce who is more valuable than Bosh is lame. Bradley our new defensive stud is really hurt and Ray had been out a month.

We can't take advantage of the situation unless we are healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Don't look now, but a few days ago I said ANY INJURY CAN HAPPEN.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't look now, but a few days ago I said ANY INJURY CAN HAPPEN..... : We have our own injuries.  Pierce who is more valuable than Bosh is lame. Bradley our new defensive stud is really hurt and Ray had been out a month. We can't take advantage of the situation unless we are healthy.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Exactly right. I mean, come on, who can't see that pierce is really, really struggling with his movement? He was never fast, but now?
    And the schedule is plain ridiculous with a game every other night. Hope I'm wrong but I see all the injuries doing us in against Philly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I agree that we just have too many guys hurting out there. However, a couple things come to mind.

Being hurt doesnt mean you cant move the ball.

A healthy Bass has become the least effective player on our team.. he's killing us missing so may wide open bunnys.

Lastly, I dont get Doc.. He gives Pietrus playing time and the guy has not done us much good at all... All of s sudden, he comes alive last night... Gets HOT and buries 2 straight 3-balls...gets us back in the game.. Them whammo... Doc sits him on the bench to rot the remainder of the game.  Let me say that again... MP finally gets his shot dropping, 2 straight 3's...and Doc benches him  for the rest of the game.. W T F ! ! ! ! ! ! !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Does it really matter? From just the thumping OKC gave the Lakers yesterday, the Celtics aren't winning anything this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that we just have too many guys hurting out there. However, a couple things come to mind. Being hurt doesnt mean you cant move the ball. A healthy Bass has become the least effective player on our team.. he's killing us missing so may wide open bunnys. Lastly, I dont get Doc.. He gives Pietrus playing time and the guy has not done us much good at all... All of s sudden, he comes alive last night... Gets HOT and buries 2 straight 3-balls...gets us back in the game.. Them whammo... Doc sits him on the bench to rot the remainder of the game.  Let me say that again... MP finally gets his shot dropping, 2 straight 3's...and Doc benches him  for the rest of the game.. W T F ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    agree about Pietrus. My biggest criticism of Doc is that he rarely if ever rides the hot hand. Sticks to his totations no matter what.
    regarding moving the ball I do think this is affected by injury. Pierce is just not mobile enough so he gets trapped every time he gets the ball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't look now, but a few days ago I said ANY INJURY CAN HAPPEN..... : We have our own injuries.  Pierce who is more valuable than Bosh is lame. Bradley our new defensive stud is really hurt and Ray had been out a month. We can't take advantage of the situation unless we are healthy.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

yes we do.  everyone knows that.  however, that doesn't mean for a solid 1/2 of the game you take a SOLID diet of jumpers that are not falling.  no aggressiveness going to the hoop when we needed it.

it's a repetitive pattern for us.  letting bad teams hang around, even getting big leads on them and letting them loose for 14-4 runs, etc.  KG and bass ain't injured and clowns like lavoy allen shouldn't be scoring double digits!

there comes a point where you man up and take care of business.  i've seen limited effort to do that, injuries taken into consideration.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Nobody has thrown in the towel but I honestly wonder what we have left if we could not sustain enough energy to win last night.  Honestly, if I'm a Sixers fan, I'm feeling pretty darn good because Philly "should" be up 2-0.

We should sit Pierce for game 3 and go with Pietrus and Pav because Pierce is not only a total non-factor offensively, he's a liability on the defensive end.  The only way we can eliminate Pierce's ineffectiveness is to sit him because we know Doc will play him if he suits up.

At some point, will Bass start hitting that jump shot?  That is the question because he is playing horrible.  And what's even worse is he is not playing solid enough defense to compensate for his offensive woes.

We are going to have to get AB, Pietrus and Ray totally involved in Philly or we'll have no chance.  AB seemed to be getting on track last night as was Pietrus so we are going to have to get them more involved in Philly.

And Rondo is going to have to look to be more aggressive scoring.  He threw up some wild off balance (one with his left hand) layup attempts last night.  He's got to be more under control like he was on those teardrops.

I'm with baskertbert and I hope I'm wrong but these injuries are beginning to bite us in the behind and they just might do us in in Philly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that we just have too many guys hurting out there. However, a couple things come to mind. Being hurt doesnt mean you cant move the ball. A healthy Bass has become the least effective player on our team.. he's killing us missing so may wide open bunnys. Lastly, I dont get Doc.. He gives Pietrus playing time and the guy has not done us much good at all... All of s sudden, he comes alive last night... Gets HOT and buries 2 straight 3-balls...gets us back in the game.. Them whammo... Doc sits him on the bench to rot the remainder of the game.  Let me say that again... MP finally gets his shot dropping, 2 straight 3's...and Doc benches him  for the rest of the game.. W T F ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    I  have  always  believed  that  DOC  is  somewhat  over-rated  as  a  coach.  He  is  beloved  in  Boston  and  is  respected  around  the  league.  Yet  he  clearly  isn't  on  the  same  level  as  George  Karl  or  Popovich.  Listen  to  the  sideline  coaching  of  Karl  and  Popovich.  They're  almost  always  giving  directions  which  are  technical/strategic  (ie.  box  out; we  need  to  look  for  more  points  in  the  paint  to  get  to  the  free  throw  line )  rather  than  DOC's  non-technical/non-strategic  cheerleading.  I  know  this  isn't  an  athletic  Celtics  team,  but  for  the  past  couple  of  years, defensive  rebounding  has  killed  this  team.  DOC  should  have  concentrated  on  improving  the  defensive  rebounding  a  long  time  ago.  Also, DOC's  handling  of  Rasheed  Wallace  was  quite  poor.  Allowing  Sheed  to  take  more  3's  than  2's  as  he  shot  25%  on  3's  was  inexusable.  Everyone  loves  DOC  -  and  he's  a  mediocre  coach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't think you can put much weight on those little coaching soundbites.  The coaches know when they're being "wired."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't look now, but a few days ago I said ANY INJURY CAN HAPPEN..... : I  have  always  believed  that  DOC  is  somewhat  over-rated  as  a  coach.  He  is  beloved  in  Boston  and  is  respected  around  the  league.  Yet  he  clearly  isn't  on  the  same  level  as  George  Karl  or  Popovich.  Listen  to  the  sideline  coaching  of  Karl  and  Popovich.  They're  almost  always  giving  directions  which  are  technical/strategic  (ie.  box  out; we  need  to  look  for  more  points  in  the  paint  to  get  to  the  free  throw  line )  rather  than  DOC's  non-technical/non-strategic  cheerleading.  I  know  this  isn't  an  athletic  Celtics  team,  but  for  the  past  couple  of  years, defensive  rebounding  has  killed  this  team.  DOC  should  have  concentrated  on  improving  the  defensive  rebounding  a  long  time  ago.  Also, DOC's  handling  of  Rasheed  Wallace  was  quite  poor.  Allowing  Sheed  to  take  more  3's  than  2's  as  he  shot  25%  on  3's  was  inexusable.  Everyone  loves  DOC  -  and  he's  a  mediocre  coach.
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]
    I don't know what most of this has to do with us losing last night (defensive rebounding for the past couple of years, Sheed, etc.) but I do agree that Doc's instruction to the team must NOT be getting through if we continued to settle for the perimeter jumpers in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  To score 24 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters combined and then score 32 points in the 4th brings into question what kind of coaching was Doc doing in those middle quarters.

It baffles me how he then gets in the post-game interview and says we moved the ball and made the extra pass in the 4th quarter but did not in the 2nd and 3rd.  Well, isn't that YOUR JOB to make sure the team does that in ALL FOUR QUARTERS?  If they did not do it in the 2nd quarter like you indicated, how could you allow them to not do it again in the 3rd quarter?

If I'm able to sit on my couch and scream "GO TO THE RIM" during the 2nd and 3rd quarters, why can't Doc tell the guys in the time outs the same thing and have them do it?

If I'm able to sit on my couch and scream "MORE PRESSURE DEFENSE" during the 3rd quarter, why can't Doc tell the guys in the time outs the same thing and have them do it?

I just cannot believe that, all of a sudden, the players listened to Doc's instruction and implemented it in the 4th quarter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't look now, but a few days ago I said ANY INJURY CAN HAPPEN..... : I  have  always  believed  that  DOC  is  somewhat  over-rated  as  a  coach.  He  is  beloved  in  Boston  and  is  respected  around  the  league.  Yet  he  clearly  isn't  on  the  same  level  as  George  Karl  or  Popovich.  Listen  to  the  sideline  coaching  of  Karl  and  Popovich.  They're  almost  always  giving  directions  which  are  technical/strategic  (ie.  box  out; we  need  to  look  for  more  points  in  the  paint  to  get  to  the  free  throw  line )  rather  than  DOC's  non-technical/non-strategic  cheerleading.  I  know  this  isn't  an  athletic  Celtics  team,  but  for  the  past  couple  of  years, defensive  rebounding  has  killed  this  team.  DOC  should  have  concentrated  on  improving  the  defensive  rebounding  a  long  time  ago.  Also, DOC's  handling  of  Rasheed  Wallace  was  quite  poor.  Allowing  Sheed  to  take  more  3's  than  2's  as  he  shot  25%  on  3's  was  inexusable.  Everyone  loves  DOC  -  and  he's  a  mediocre  coach.
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]

yes and yes.  but remember, as the defensive wizcoach who is now COACHING (not cheerleading) chicago, thibodeau, left this team, we shot cliffod ray and left him in a swamp for dead.

totally unclassy move by the celts.  ray needed foot surgery badly, had done nothing wrong, we had seen great progress in our bigs and they just dumped him like he was a disease for no reason.

menawhile we still had bigs who needed to improve like davis and now bass.  davis was pretty good on D but needed to up his rebounding game.  bass needs help w/ both.

and we have no big man coach.  unless that's what tyronn lue does