Dont ship Vonleh or Gordon to the Wolves!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Dont ship Vonleh or Gordon to the Wolves!!!!

Sully is close enough to K.Love to tie up our cap for and lose out on future superstars. (Vonleh, Gordon, Randle)

I really, really, really feel uncomfortable trading Sully and a potential superstar for a glamorous offensive player that doesnt win!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Re: Dont ship Vonleh or Gordon to the Wolves!!!!

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Sully is close enough to K.Love to tie up our cap for and lose out on future superstars. (Vonleh, Gordon, Randle)

I really, really, really feel uncomfortable trading Sully and a potential superstar for a glamorous offensive player that doesnt win!!!!

Don't worry. IF we get Kevin Love, we won't be thinking about those guys when we are in the playoffs.  Danny knows how to put together tough playoff teams, and Kevin Love IS as good as the media portrays him to be.  Vonleh, Gordon, Randle, Sully...these guys will never be as good as he is. And he is still only 25. He could get better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Vonleh- Garnett/Big Al potenetial (better than Love)

Randle - Zach Randolph potential (equal to Love)

Gordon- The Matrix/Grant Hill potential (equal to Love)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Sully has been available for more games than Love. 

Love always seems to miss 20 games a year.

He didnt even play 19 games two years ago.

He has a tuuuurrrrible durability history. Greg Oden anybody?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I like trading Sully to whomever drafts Gordon if we land Vonleh.

That scenario is best. If Love really wants to be here we can wait untill he is a free agent anyway!!

Until Love is a free agent we would have:

Rondo-Bradley-Green-Vonleh-Oly

Pressey-Johnson-Early (#17)-Gordon-Faverani

Gordon and Early can go at each other in practice and make Gordon a better shooter and one on one player and Early a better defender, ball handler, rebounder and passer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rondo-bradley-hayward-love-asik w/ olynyk as the 6th man.

we could go big with hayward at the 2 and wallace at the 3. (i do think we are stuck with wallace no matter what happens this offseason, but perhaps he would thrive as an energy guy with scorers around him.)

we could go small with rondo-bradley-wallace-love-olynyk.

i have no idea what this team is going to look like come october. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

For the love of God....please tell me you're joking.

Do you REALLY THINK that Sully is almost as good as Kevin Love??  REALLY????  If they can get Kevin Love....you get Kevin Love no matter the cost.  The Celtics team as a hole is simply a bunch of role players on most good teams.  There is not a single player on this team that would start for the top 6 teams in the league.  As for Vonleh and Gordo.....sure they MIGHT be good players....Superstar though??  No....not even close.  Talent and good coaching wins championships.....not sub-par players.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Do you REALLY THINK that Sully is almost as good as Kevin Love??  REALLY????  If they can get Kevin Love....you get Kevin Love no matter the cost.  The Celtics team as a hole is simply a bunch of role players on most good teams.  There is not a single player on this team that would start for the top 6 teams in the league.  As for Vonleh and Gordo.....sure they MIGHT be good players....Superstar though??  No....not even close.  Talent and good coaching wins championships.....not sub-par players.....

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, tell us, Mr. Negative, what "top 6" team are you a fan of?  Clearly you're not a Celtics fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, tell us, Mr. Negative, what "top 6" team are you a fan of?  Clearly you're not a Celtics fan.

Mr. Negative??  How is pointing out the obvious being negative??  The team won 25 games last year.  Soooooo.........how did this happen??  Maybe....JUST MAYBE the players were not playing good basketball??  Novel thought.  This team needs a star.  I think pairing Rondo with Love is a great place to start.....

But hey.....if you're one of those "I really love watching these kids grow" kind of guys then losing is in your nature.  I'm glad Ainge doesn't buy into that theory or Garnett and Allen never would have been here to help win a CHAMPIONSHIP!

BTW....huge Celtics fan......just a realist.  What team are you a fan of?  I ask because real Celtic fans do not settle for mediocrity....we like results.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Mr. Negative??  How is pointing out the obvious being negative??  The team won 25 games last year.  Soooooo.........how did this happen??  Maybe....JUST MAYBE the players were not playing good basketball??  Novel thought.  This team needs a star.  I think pairing Rondo with Love is a great place to start.....

But hey.....if you're one of those "I really love watching these kids grow" kind of guys then losing is in your nature.  I'm glad Ainge doesn't buy into that theory or Garnett and Allen never would have been here to help win a CHAMPIONSHIP!

BTW....huge Celtics fan......just a realist.  What team are you a fan of?  I ask because real Celtic fans do not settle for mediocrity....we like results.

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, fans in other cities aren't making out a fictitious "wish" list for their off-season?

I would like Love, also - even if it costs us Sully.

Of course we don't have great players.  We lost them or traded them all.  But it's unrealistic to think this is a quick fix.  As long as James, Wade and Bosh stay in MIA, they will be the team to beat.  IND and WAS are both young teams that are ahead of us right now.

Some want to build through the draft, some want to trade for established stars.  Some talk about sharting!  Fact is, we don't know what Danny will do - but that's no reason to call someone's idea garbage.

What's your idea?  Besides Love - how about something original?

What I don't like is ruining a thread because you disagree with the OP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Sully has been available for more games than Love. 

Love always seems to miss 20 games a year.

Sully only played 45 games two years ago.  

He didnt even play 19 games two years ago.

He has a tuuuurrrrible durability history. Greg Oden anybody?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

You really believe Vonleh to have the potential to be as good as Garnett? One of the top 5 power forwards to ever walk the earth???  He looks more like PJ Brown to me.

Randle is a one trick pony, and may be as good as Sully, but not a 26/12/4 multiple All Star.

The Matrix was/is not anywhere as good as Kevin Love, and Gordon as nothing like Grant Hill.

Love was 4th in scoring, 3rd in rebounding, second best passing big man in the game behind only Noah, and led the league in double doubles by a long shot.  Love had 64 DDs in 77 games, #2 was Andre Dummond with 57 in 81 games. 

As far as KLove being less durable than Sully...Sully played 74 games last year Love 77 so that point is null and void.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

You really believe Vonleh to have the potential to be as good as Garnett? One of the top 5 power forwards to ever walk the earth???  He looks more like PJ Brown to me.

Randle is a one trick pony, and may be as good as Sully, but not a 26/12/4 multiple All Star.

The Matrix was/is not anywhere as good as Kevin Love, and Gordon as nothing like Grant Hill.

Love was 4th in scoring, 3rd in rebounding, second best passing big man in the game behind only Noah, and led the league in double doubles by a long shot.  Love had 64 DDs in 77 games, #2 was Andre Dummond with 57 in 81 games. 

As far as KLove being less durable than Sully...Sully played 74 games last year Love 77 so that point is null and void.

Excellent post!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I have to agree with DaC on this one with regards to Love...I just don't see us giving up all the good things we have for a guy who doesn't play D and might walk after the year...I don't see him coming here for the great honor of playing with Wee Devilman PG, and if he were to come here and sign a long term deal I sure he'd want assurances they'd get or have a PG who could get him the ball.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

I have to agree with DaC on this one with regards to Love...I just don't see us giving up all the good things we have for a guy who doesn't play D and might walk after the year...I don't see him coming here for the great honor of playing with Wee Devilman PG, and if he were to come here and sign a long term deal I sure he'd want assurances they'd get or have a PG who could get him the ball.....

actually, when it comes to getting him the ball, i'm not sure he could do better than rondo. if there's one thing he does well it's getting scorers the ball. i can imagine him getting the ball to hayward and/or love quite often.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not sure if it's Vonleh or Gordon..........the first four picks would be Embiid, Exum, Wiggins and Parker, in some order.

Utah is next - they could take Smart, Randle, Vonleh, McDermott..............let's say they take Smart.

It's only logical to "assume" Randle is the next best player.......is Randle and #17 (along with Green) worth Love?

I say yes............but I wouldn't give them any more than 2 picks.  They already have #13.

See, we don't know what they want....................perhaps it's not in OUR best interest to make this trade.  If they ask for the moon.........walk away.

If they ask for Green Bass, Bogans and two picks - jump on it!

I still think, btw, that we will make a serious run at Hayward.  For the record!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Love had only 18 the year before and 55 out of 82 the year before that. There is still another 60 game season in his resume.

So he has had 3 seasons out of 6 that you couldnt count on him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Sully averaged 13ppg and 8rpg in his second season coming off of back surgery.

Kevin Love averaged 14ppg 11rpg in his second season completely healthy!

Dont give up on Sullinger!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Love had only 18 the year before and 55 out of 82 the year before that. There is still another 60 game season in his resume.

He has missed time in his career. 2011-12 was a 66 game season because of the lockout.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

He has missed time in his career. 2011-12 was a 66 game season because of the lockout.

My bad. It 55 out of 66. I still think his missed game avg over 6 seasons is still around 20 games. Just guessing.

Let me do the math. 112 missed games in six seasons = 18.6 missed games per season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

DaCeltics,

The bottom line is that draft is a crap shoot, we all know that. Sure, Gordon and Vonleh could be the second MJ and KG, on the other hand they could be the second Oden or Darko. That's why, IMO, any good GM would choose a star player, such as KLove, instead of a draft pick.

Also, don't forget that there's a time factor. Even if those two are second coming of Lebron or KD it'd would take them 3-4 years to develop. KL is a star right now (yes, not at LJ KD level, but star nevertheless).

Also, there're a lot of indications that Danny is under a pressure of a possibility to lose Rondo to FA (RR clearly said that he wants to win now) if he doesn't take steps to build a contender in a year or two. KL is such a step.

So, I say if DA has opportunity to exchange #6 pick (Gordon or Vonleh or whoever left) for KL - he'll do it in a blink of an eye.

AK

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

We need a great 2 and a very good 5, we have fours.   Do not overpay for Kevin Love.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Love year two: 29 mpg, 14 pts, shot 45%, 11 boards, 2 assists, .5 steals, 1 blocks, 33% from three, 82% FT

Sully year two: 28 mpg, 13 pts, shot 43%, 8 boards, 1 assist, 1 steals, .5 blocks, 27% from three, 78% FT

Love is clearly better than Sully, also Sully's back is always going to be a concern, so if you are red flagging Love for injuries how can you omit Sully's bulging disc?

More importantly Sully is not the player that Love is right now, he may become better in the future when he finds himself but he is still young.  The same can be said of Oly, we will have to give to get, so don't you people go making up your mock depth charts just yet.

The NBA is a win now league, the future is now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

That being said, I do like Gordon and Vonleh if we stand pat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

That being said, I do like Gordon and Vonleh if we stand pat.

Wozzy you just showed how close statistically Sully was at the same stage of his career to Love.

Sully is 10x more affordable in that he will make less than 2 million next year.

Sully could balloon up to 20ppg and 11rpg next season and only cost 2mil.

Thats the progression we expect and if he delivers on it it would suck to see him do it in Minny while playing solid D, mind you, alongside a superstar in the making #6 pick and Dieng (a promising young center)

Sections
Shortcuts