Dont want him...dont need him...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Dont want him...dont need him...

CP3 is an amazing PG that could bring a higher level of offensive paly to the Celtics for years to come.  We could really build around this kid.  That being said.. I dont want him, and we dont need him.

News Flash Clones.. Rajon Rondo is a top 5 PG in the NBA, he's young and we can also build around him.  He already has the control and the respect of the team around him.  He knows the system and he's tough to boot. 

Are we seriously considering trading away future draft picks and quality players to get a guy that is a small step above Rondo?  To move from the 5th best PG In the league to the 2nd or 3rd best?  Poor allocation of assets danny. 

Just get us a quality center and we will be fine.  You know just paying Kendrick Perkins would have done well... definitley would have been a ton easier than the mess we are going through right now thats for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Dont want him...dont need him...

You wonder if missing out on West will increase Danny's desire to acquire Paul

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Might, but either way we need a quality big, I mean big enough to body up Howard or others and at least slow them down.  With Davis gone be only have one player on the roster that can hold his own plus block some shots, JO.  I don't know if we have a player that can sup for Ray and bring a form of his game, Quince is bigger and does not have confidence in the three, although he can shoot the threee, having conidence and a green light from Doc is different animal.  Brandon does bring some things that are needed and I do like him but head to head nitht after night against the centers is not one.  I just wish we had paid Perk, he was not perfect but servicable.  I make the case that we still need Delonte.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Even if Paul would be just a bit better than Rondo (Actually I think he is much better) he would be a great for the Cs because our needs have changed. In 2008 we just needed a PG who fed the big 3 for 3 quarters, plays defense and in the 4th quarter we just added another shooter from the bench.

BUT: The big 3 are old now and need someone who can create his own shot. Paul can do that. And: Paul is not a selfish player. He is a pass first PG as well. He is even be on the same level (or better) in steals AND REBOUNDING. You might not want him but the Cs need him to content this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Dont want him...dont need him...:
    [QUOTE]As it stands, JO at C and Rondo at PG, it's like playing 3 vs. 5.  We need CP3.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

4 on 5, rondo is pretty good          

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont want him...dont need him... : 4 on 5, rondo is pretty good          
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Being pretty good just doesn't cut it in the big game, the big series,  the big moment.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    Any chance we are going to trade with Indiana and get West?  Or is there a thirty waiting period preventing it.  They like Rondo and were mentioned in the Paul talks as a third team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

we already won a title with rondo and were about 30 seconds away from winning a second, i dont get why you are so tough on the kid..im not saying hes a good jump shooter, but hes great around the rim and plays very good defense, as well as being the excellent facilitator that he is...cant believe you guys just dismiss him...he is a top 5 pg AT WORST

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont want him...dont need him... : No chance.  That's why back in July I said David West would most probably go to Indy or Jersey. West wanted more money and of course, a starting job. He got both when he signed with Indy.

You said that West would go to Indiana or NJ in July?  Wow.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]Even if Paul would be just a bit better than Rondo (Actually I think he is much better) he would be a great for the Cs because our needs have changed. In 2008 we just needed a PG who fed the big 3 for 3 quarters, plays defense and in the 4th quarter we just added another shooter from the bench. BUT: The big 3 are old now and need someone who can create his own shot. Paul can do that. And: Paul is not a selfish player. He is a pass first PG as well. He is even be on the same level (or better) in steals AND REBOUNDING. You might not want him but the Cs need him to content this season.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]
    i disagree if this trade goes thru CP3 is delicate he gets hurt alot and he has bad knees, rondo remember the elbow issue that player kept on playing and the only thing i see that makes him better is the J and foul shots. let him work on his shot, jkidd didnt have one he had to work at it now he hits the 3 better than most, slamming rondo is not cool he is top 5 pg, if we were to get CP3 they BETTER not ONLY go further than last year but WIN IT ALL!! you know how good you have to be stupendously better than RONDO you guys are all ill. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

In Response to Dont want him...dont need him...:
    [QUOTE]CP3 is an amazing PG that could bring a higher level of offensive paly to the Celtics for years to come.  We could really build around this kid.  That being said.. I dont want him, and we dont need him. News Flash Clones.. Rajon Rondo is a top 5 PG in the NBA, he's young and we can also build around him.  He already has the control and the respect of the team around him.  He knows the system and he's tough to boot.  Are we seriously considering trading away future draft picks and quality players to get a guy that is a small step above Rondo?  To move from the 5th best PG In the league to the 2nd or 3rd best?  Poor allocation of assets danny.  Just get us a quality center and we will be fine.  You know just paying Kendrick Perkins would have done well... definitley would have been a ton easier than the mess we are going through right now thats for sure.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]
    i agree TOTALLY

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

[QUOTE]we already won a title with rondo and were about 30 seconds away from winning a second, i dont get why you are so tough on the kid..im not saying hes a good jump shooter, but hes great around the rim and plays very good defense, as well as being the excellent facilitator that he is...cant believe you guys just dismiss him...he is a top 5 pg AT WORST
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]I really hate doing this...BUT....You're talking about a player, in game 7 (09/10), that went under a pick (giving up a big three to Fisher) and over a pick (I think it was Sasha, who drove and scored), when the opposite should have happenedin each case.  Also, Rondo was not a determining factor in '07/'08.  In the pivotal game 4, Pierce ran the point with Eddie House logging big minutes because scoring was needed.  Rondo had a very nice game 6 (I'm trying to go from memeory, so I didn't cheat and look up any stats), but essenstially his lack of offense was a negative.

It seemed in his first year or two he was much more stable defensively, now he prefers the "poke from behind" move, which, if you have shot blockers behind you may be cool, but the team doesn't have that.

I respect your rating that has him as a top 5 point guard, but that does the team no good when they are essentially playing 4 on 5 on offense during the playoffs and when you can't even include Rondo in the offense during crunch time due to his below average free throw shooting.

You hear things concerning "attitude", but I'll leave that to his teammates to deal with.  I'm hoping that he can at least become a 75% free throw shooter and become a little more diligent in staying in front of his man defensively.

He's not a loss cause by any stretch, but is he someone you can build around?    I guess we'll see soon enough. 

For all of ours sake, I hope he comes through.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont want him...dont need him... : Yup. Mployee8 and I argued about where David West would end up. The only time I got a prediction right against Mployee8 that didn't make me happy. I prefer being wrong and the Celts end up with David West.

U any good with lottery numbers?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

hes in no way the same caliber as cp3 in scoring, but i think rondo is a very good player all-around. you guys are entitled to your opinion obviously, but i just think we are lucky to have rondo, i dont know why everyone is so eager to get rid of him.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont want him...dont need him... : Only for CP3, I would not trade Rondo even for D-Will.

that makes sense, but some of the deals in which people would be willing to give up rondo are just rediculous...i know its not everyone, but just dont understand how few realize how good he has been here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont want him...dont need him... : Only for CP3, I would not trade Rondo even for D-Will.

I would trade for Williams in a heartbeat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dont want him...dont need him... : that makes sense, but some of the deals in which people would be willing to give up rondo are just rediculous...i know its not everyone, but just dont understand how few realize how good he has been here.
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I don't dislike RR by any stretch.  If the dude could shoot it would make a world of difference. If he could shoot like CP3 or Williams I wouldn't hesitate to put him in the top 3 PGs in the league.  I bet there are guys on the board that can shoot better  than him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In Response to Dont want him...dont need him...:
    [QUOTE]CP3 is an amazing PG that could bring a higher level of offensive paly to the Celtics for years to come.  We could really build around this kid.  That being said.. I dont want him, and we dont need him. News Flash Clones.. Rajon Rondo is a top 5 PG in the NBA, he's young and we can also build around him.  He already has the control and the respect of the team around him.  He knows the system and he's tough to boot.  Are we seriously considering trading away future draft picks and quality players to get a guy that is a small step above Rondo?  To move from the 5th best PG In the league to the 2nd or 3rd best?  Poor allocation of assets danny.  Just get us a quality center and we will be fine.  You know just paying Kendrick Perkins would have done well... definitley would have been a ton easier than the mess we are going through right now thats for sure.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]
    Paul will not stay!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Im not saying cp3 isnt better either, im just saying he's not so much better that we should mortgage our future to get him.  Maybe you didnt hear me fierce but going from the 5th best PG in the game to the 2nd or 3rd is not worth draft picks and our quality young players.

Especially when the guy has bad knees and you dont know how he will fit in on this team. 

Anyone have salary averages for the two?  How much more will we have to pay CP to get our small upgrade?