Draft Day Thread! Let the Fireworks Begin!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Draft Day Thread! Let the Fireworks Begin!!

If the Celts start next season with neither Love nor Embiid I'll be very disappointed.    And if it unfolds that way, kiss another 4 years goodbye.

I want Embiid tonight.   Make it happen DA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

If Embiid is available at 6th my guess is they take him unless the prognosis is poor.  He's a risk, with a very high reward ceiling in a position they need to address. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

• Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports the Utah Jazz are starting to lean toward Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart with the fifth pick, despite Smart not working out for the Jazz at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

If the Celts start next season with neither Love nor Embiid I'll be very disappointed.    And if it unfolds that way, kiss another 4 years goodbye.

[object HTMLDivElement]  This whole story could just be smoke and mirrors to discourage anyone else from picking Embiid before them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I am starting to fear fierce is right, doesn't feel like much happening.  On a different note, don't you think nash would just retire if  he got traded to a rebuilding team?  On a different note, we have until the 12th to use the tpe, so if it doesn't get used tonite that doesn't mean anything.  On a different note, I really don't feel like waiting 2 years for Saric. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

On a different note, I really don't feel like waiting 2 years for Saric. 

breach of contract...is possible! Maybe he did it by instructions..who knows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Embiid is not going to be there at the start of the season even if we pick him.

So how about this possibility, Embiid at #6, Saric at #17, Rondo and Green are traded for future picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Doubtful Ainge goes for both Embiid and Saric.  He very well might take a shot at one.  Green is prolly gone today or soon.

I expect Rondo will be with the C's at least to the 2015 trade deadline.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Joe Kotoch: Cavs dealing with 76ers and Celtics regarding trade of 1st pick, according to sources. Twitter @Probballdraft - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics#sthash.EdCkgnWF.dpuf

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

nevermind, old news..not going to happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Affalo traded

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Bac to Nuggets for Fournier plus  pick 56

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Update 5:45 p.m.

• If the Celtics trade the No. 6 pick, it'll be to move down, not up, according to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

• If the Celtics trade the No. 6 pick, it'll be to move down, not up, according to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.

That would certainly be fireworks but, not the type I'd be looking for. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

But you know, obviously if they move down, it is with more picks in mind..so, thats a +

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Uncool firepoop, Belichick hiding in the shadows behind Danny ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Ainge asked about Embiid's medical reports: "We have processed the information and I believe in my medical staff. And that’s all."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

• Philadelphia is no longer trying to trade for Cleveland's No. 1 pick, according to Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Embiid is not going to be there at the start of the season even if we pick him.

So how about this possibility, Embiid at #6, Saric at #17, Rondo and Green are traded for future picks.

Agreed. December at earliest I believe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Blakey a regurgitating punk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

• Aaron Gordon will "almost assuredly" be drafted before Noah Vonleh and Julius Randle, according to Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski. Hmm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The draft actually begins at 7:30 ET. First-round picks take five minutes each. First round should end around 10 ET.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Noah Vonleh is on the slide in this draft, front office sources tell Yahoo Sports. Best first chance to be picked: Lakers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Just to manage expectations, latest from Ainge is that he expects to keep the picks and draft at the expected positions (yawn - though he could be misdirecting and I'm sure he is still working the phones - but the fact is we don't have many assets to do amazing things with)

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4713535/ainge-sets-table-for-draft" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4713535/ainge-sets-table-for-draft

a better hope is that something great lands in our lap (e.g. Paul Pierce type pick, which I think is possible in this draft, I believe there are 2-3 hall of fame, or at least, perennial all start players in the top ten of this draft. No Lebrons or Tim Duncans but some good players - pick em Danny!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Just to manage expectations, latest from Ainge is that he expects to keep the picks and draft at the expected positions (yawn - though he could be misdirecting and I'm sure he is still working the phones - but the fact is we don't have many assets to do amazing things with)

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4713535/ainge-sets-table-for-draft" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4713535/ainge-sets-table-for-draft" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4713535/ainge-sets-table-for-draft

a better hope is that something great lands in our lap (e.g. Paul Pierce type pick, which I think is possible in this draft, I believe there are 2-3 hall of fame, or at least, perennial all start players in the top ten of this draft. No Lebrons or Tim Duncans but some good players - pick em Danny!

Latest mock draft has Gary Harris falling in our lap at 17 (fingers crossed)! 

Sections
Shortcuts