Draft grades are in.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

Draft grades are in.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/draft/grades" rel="nofollow">http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/draft/grades

Andrew
    Wiggins
    SF,KANSAS
    A+
    Matt Moore - The best overall prospect and they don't need him with the ball early with Irving and Waiters. The future is now.

Jabari
    Parker
    SF,DUKE
    A
    Matt Moore - Versatile, an alpha dog and a high-character player. Parker is the guy. He's what will make Milwaukee famous.

Joel
    Embiid
    C,KANSAS
    B
    Matt Moore - A swing for the fences that means they've either hit a home run or set themselves back. Bold pick.

Aaron
    Gordon
    PF,ARIZ
    A-
    Matt Moore - Can't miss pick. Worst case, he's a defensive lockdown. Best case, an athletic freak who can change the game.

Dante
    Exum
    SG,INTL
    A
    Matt Moore - The future of the NBA is in dual combo-guards; he and Burke can play together. They need a game-changer and Exum can be that.

Marcus
    Smart
    PG,OKLAST
    C+
    Matt Moore - A parachute in case of Rondo trade. Might be a SG who can't hit 3s, but strong as an ox defensively.

Julius
    Randle
    PF,UK
    A+
    Matt Moore - The guy Kobe would want in terms of attitude. A bull inside with great character and touch at the rim.

Nik
    Stauskas
    SG,MICH
    D+
    Matt Moore - Better talent here. Stauskas is slow to move and could struggle with the ball. Could have found another shooter.

Noah
    Vonleh
    PF,IND
    A+
    Matt Moore - Defensive length, rebounding, and can stretch the floor. Talent that fits the system. Total steal despite bust risk.

Elfrid
    Payton
    PG,LAFAY
    B+
    Matt Moore - TRADED TO ORLANDO MAGIC -- Can distribute and defend. It maximizes Victor Oladpio and the rest of their team. The Lob Kingdom?

Doug
    McDermott
    PF,CREIGH
    A+
    Matt Moore - TRADED TO CHICAGO BULLS -- Can he put the round orange thing into the little circle with the net? Exceptionally well. Then the Bulls need him.

Dario
    Saric
    SF,INTL
    D-
    Matt Moore - TRADED TO PHILADELPHIA 76ERS -- They won't have either of their top-five picks on opening night. GET YOUR SEASON TICKETS NOW! CAN'T REBUILD FOREVER

Zach
    LaVine
    SG,UCLA
    A-
    Matt Moore - Raw, but can get above the rim and is extremely versatile. As he develops, he could become the face of the franchise.

T.J.
    Warren
    SF,NCST
    B-
    Matt Moore - A bit of a reach, but if you want a strong, versatile scorer who just knows how to get buckets, Warren is your guy. He's relentless.

Adreian
    Payne
    PF,MICHST
    B+
    Matt Moore - Total beast. Can stretch the floor and attack the rim. Coach Bud can mold him. He's 23 years old and can help them now.

Jusuf
    Nurkic
    C,INTL
    C-
    Matt Moore - TRADED TO DENVER NUGGETS -- Shaw needs a rim protector but this seems like a reach. He's versatile, but they could have filled other needs.

James
    Young
    SF,UK
    A-
    Matt Moore - A real plug-and-play option that allows them to move Green. Nothing complicated and they got two good talents in this draft.

Tyler
    Ennis
    PG,CUSE
    C+
    Matt Moore - Ennis gives them depth. He's not going to light anything up, but he could be a very solid rotation player, especially in this system.

Gary
    Harris
    SG,MICHST
    B
    Matt Moore - TRADED TO DENVER NUGGETS -- They need more shooting, and Harris provides that. He's small, but he's behind a bigger Arron Afflalo. Harris will make them better.

Bruno
    Caboclo
    SF,INTL
    D
    Matt Moore - Sure? 6-9. Versatile. If he's a steal, it's another Masai Ujiri score... I have no idea.

Mitch
    McGary
    PF/C,MICH
    B
    Matt Moore - They can develop him slowly maybe with a stint in Tulsa. Good talent at this spot and can pair him with Steven Adams.

Jordan
    Adams
    SG,UCLA
    F+
    Matt Moore - Memphis needs shooting, but they also need wing play. Rodney Hood was right there. This is a reach.

Rodney
    Hood
    SF,DUKE
    A+
    Matt Moore - A steal at this spot at a position of need. Hood can score and create off the dribble. He's got good defensive upside, surprisingly.

Shabazz
    Napier
    PG,UCONN
    B-
    Matt Moore - TRADED TO MIAMI HEAT -- They need point guard depth. And, you know, he makes LeBron happy, so sure.

Clint
    Capela
    PF,INTL
    B
    Matt Moore - Gives them great length and helps them with defense. May take some time, but could block out the sun with Howard.

P.J.
    Hairston
    SG,UNC
    A
    Matt Moore - TRADED TO CHARLOTTE HORNETS -- A shooter to help their offense and an athlete to stick with their system. Excellent fit.

Bogdan
    Bogdanovic
    SG,INTL
    B+
    Matt Moore - Bogdan will excel in Hornacek's system whenever he arrives. He also has terrific upside.

C.J.
    Wilcox
    SG,WASH
    B
    Matt Moore - Clippers wanted a shooter. If a better big man was available here, that would be one thing, but there wasn't one. Good fit.

Josh
    Huestis
    SF,STNFRD
    B
    Matt Moore - He's a reach, but they needed size and wing depth, especially defensively.

Kyle
    Anderson
    SF,UCLA
    A
    Matt Moore - Terrific value here. The Spurs like guys who can pass and shoot. Guess what he can do?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2111214-2014-nba-draft-grades-full-team-by-team-report-cards/page/12" rel="nofollow">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2111214-2014-nba-draft-grades-full-team-by-team-report-cards/page/12

Enjoy...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Draft grades are in.

draft grades are a joke - unless you do them three years later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

Huh??????????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Only a fool would "grade" the draft right after without seeing any of these kids play.  For God's Sake, Randle blew off a workout with the Celtics to do an interview with GQ.

Guess that makes him, and the two screws in his foot, perfect for the lakers.

LOVE how it said - "the guy koME wanted...."   what a joke of a franchise!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Only a fool would "grade" the draft right after without seeing any of these kids play.  For God's Sake, Randle blew off a workout with the Celtics to do an interview with GQ.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

Don't tell Rame that, because he's smarter than ALLLLLL the Analyst's who do this for a living.  lol

Randle did not work out for the C's because he did not want to be a Celtic.  :) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

You just posted one guys opinion on the draft.

Yay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This guy is clueless, all A's and one B+ until the Celtics pick then the C?  Marcus Smart would have been the first overall pick had he come out last year, the guy is a beast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Espn gave Boston an A-

Every report card is just one guys opinion. It means nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

And the reason he thinks why the Celtics draft Smart and the ratioale for the low grade is also way off, it is clear he does follow or know the Celtics situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

This guy is clueless, all A's and one B+ until the Celtics pick then the C?  Marcus Smart would have been the first overall pick had he come out last year, the guy is a beast.

c'mon Woz. a beast at the NCAA level, but just another 3rd guard in the NBA on a playoff team. Can he cover an elite PG? No, he simply is not quick enough. Can he get into the paint in the NBA? Again, no quickness. Can he create his own shot? He really has no shot. Smart is a heady player, really strong for a guard. Can defend big guards in college, but not really in the NBA.

I would have preferred taking a shot at a big man..or an uber athletic player that in 3 years might be really good.

In Smart, IMO the best we can hope for is "really solid"...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Don't listen to FBOMB Fake Fury. He has no clue and is a Laker Fan pretending to be a Celtics Fan.

The Only DFURY13 that is legit because I was the first. The moderators won't give it back over philisophical differences.l

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

c'mon Woz. a beast at the NCAA level, but just another 3rd guard in the NBA on a playoff team. Can he cover an elite PG? No, he simply is not quick enough. Can he get into the paint in the NBA? Again, no quickness. Can he create his own shot? He really has no shot. Smart is a heady player, really strong for a guard. Can defend big guards in college, but not really in the NBA.

I would have preferred taking a shot at a big man..or an uber athletic player that in 3 years might be really good.

In Smart, IMO the best we can hope for is "really solid"...

Are you kidding, NBA point guards have to cover him, he is 6'3" 220 pounds.  That is big by NBA or by any standards.

He averaged 3 steals a game, how'd that happen, he isn't athletic enough?

You take the best player available, I didn't think Smart would even be available at 6.

We have two really good power forward prospects already in Sully and Oly and a center prospect in Fav.

Best we can hope for; Gary Payton.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

Don't listen to FBOMB Fake Fury. He has no clue and is a Laker Fan pretending to be a Celtics Fan.

The Only DFURY13 that is legit because I was the first. The moderators won't give it back over philisophical differences.l

Thanks for the compliment my friend! :)

I can't wait for Smart to blow a gasket, charge up in the crowd and annihilate a fan that yelled profanities at him! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

No, Kobe past discretion is so much more tolerable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

Don't tell Rame that, because he's smarter than ALLLLLL the Analyst's who do this for a living.  lol

[object HTMLDivElement]

At least Rame knows the kid taken #2 in the draft's name is JABARI Parker.

You know less than nothing about the game.............Jacoby Parker...............what a moron!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

If Smart delivers a championship in the next 5 years I'll take back everything I said about him...promise! :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

You know less than nothing about the game.............Jacoby Parker...............what a moron!

Speaking about a Moron and not knowing anything about the game....LMAO!!

Yeah, you Rame are big time analyst's!!  Shake head....

posted at 6/23/2014 2:46 PM EDT

hedleylamarr
    First: 1/16/2010
    Last: 6/27/2014
    One guy has us picking HAIRSTON at 17???  And has Warren going 22??  WOW.

Same "expert" has Payton slipping to 16 and going to CHI???  Guy never heard of Rose?

Here is something I will BET on - the ORL Magic will take  PG with one of their first two picks.  I think it is one of the safest bets in this draft to say, "Exum, Smart or Payton will be drafted by the Magic in Round 1."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I'm being kind when I say this, but, Matt Moore is not the brightest bulb in the box.

He is analytically illiterate.

Smart ranked #1 in ESPN Keven Pelton's WARP projections (3.7). Smart has skills that translates well into the NBA: elite steal rate, great DRB% (yes, that stat correlates with PG success in the NBA), and his 9.9 FTA/40min. His 3pt shooting is not good at all, but his TO% dropped to 14% in his soph season and his 54.4 projected 2-point accuracy show what a great finisher he is.

Randle ranked 17th in projected WARP (1.6). He's an elite rebounder, but shot only 19% on outside shots, his steal rate was poor, he lacks length on D, and struggles vs length in the paint. He had too many shots blocked. His 2pt% was only 51.7% which is underwhelming for a player who scores the majority of his points in the paint. He's not a bad player but if you ignore the hype, you should expect him to be a rich man's Brandon Bass.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

hedleylamarr

Same "expert" has Payton slipping to 16 and going to CHI???  Guy never heard of Rose?

Here is something I will BET on - the ORL Magic will take  PG with one of their first two picks.  I think it is one of the safest bets in this draft to say, "Exum, Smart or Payton will be drafted by the Magic in Round 1."

[object HTMLDivElement]

They DID take a PG   - Payton - are you stupid!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

hedleylamarr

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hairston went 26 - I was right on that one

Warren went 14 - I was right on that one

Randle went to the lakers  - I was right on that one

we took Young at 16 - I nailed that one

I said we'd take Vonleh, Smart or Gordon at 6 - nailed that one

I said the Magic would draft a PG with one of their first two picks, and even told you who is would be - Exum, Smart or Payton.  PHI took Payton at #10 and traded him to  - ORL

Not a bad day for someone who "knows nothing about basketball"

Jacoby Parker - what an idiot!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

hedleylamarr

[object HTMLDivElement]

"the ORL Magic will take  PG with one of their first two picks"

Taking lessons from Fierce and Rame I see or maybe you bumped you head against the piano last night in grief?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

hedleylamarr

[object HTMLDivElement]

"the ORL Magic will take  PG with one of their first two picks"

Taking lessons from Fierce and Rame I see or maybe you bumped you head against the piano last night in grief?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Payton is on the Magic today, yes or no!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Moore had Hood rated over Adams. Adams was up there with Smart on steal rate, is a better passer than Hood, and a better rebounder. He gets to the line more than Hood and is an elite FT shooter. I wanted the Cs to take him over Young. Hood doesn't do anything well beyond shooting 3s. He could be the McLemore of this draft.

Stokes had comparable numbers to Randle, only Stokes is better finisher.

Mat Moore could be BFFs with Ashley Fox. They're both incompetent writers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The Celtics already have Julius Randle. His name is Jared Sullinger.

Sections
Shortcuts