Draft Impressions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Draft Impressions

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/2014/06/celtics-draft-impressions.html" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/2014/06/celtics-draft-impressions.html

In-depth thoughts ^^^, but put quickly, LOVED the picks and thank you DA.

Got two players who were BPA when picked with great potential

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Draft Impressions

What did you think of LaVine's reaction?  Glad we didn't take him.  I LOVE the Young pick.  My boy, Nurkic, got picked right before.

I am open-minded on Smart, because I trust DA.  We still need more size, though!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

What did you think of LaVine's reaction?  Glad we didn't take him.  I LOVE the Young pick.  My boy, Nurkic, got picked right before.

I am open-minded on Smart, because I trust DA.  We still need more size, though!

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

6'4" 227 for a PG, thats size right there..we have Olynik and Sully both keep getting better..and Fav, Colton..am sure DA will keep looking though..but Smart is an advantage over other PGs in d league

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Seriously, DA never addressed a need which is scoring.  That later round pick will take 3 yrs min to develop...just sayin'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The Cs still don't have a defensive big.

The 2013-14 Cs were dead last in OPPFG% from 3'-10' away from the rim.

Would have been nice if Danny could have bought a #2 and stolen Khem Birch who is strong on interior D.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Yeah that whole Lavine thing was interesting... don't know what to think of it... just shows that Minny sucks.

I think Smart has a bright future

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I really like both guy. Smart is arguably the best 2 way player in the draft, the guy can score/defend/rebound. There is no way this guy wont be a good player. Safe pick. I was initially dissapointed that jusuf went just one pick ahead of us, but james young has VERY GOOD potential as a scorer, he can slah and shoot from the permiter and has terrific size, he is very young only 18.

This seems like the end of both rondo and ab tho, which is sad, but since both are scheduled for big pay days I can understand the cs protectig themselves.  I cant believe da wants to keep all 4 no matter what he says.

This was  a very thin draft for centers and pf was a  strong position in this draft but that is the one position we are already strong and deep in. (tho i was intrigued by vonleh).

Very surprised that gordon went 4 to orlando, curious if da would have picked him instead of marcus smart. Orlando making that might have ended rondo's days here. Crazy.

One thing about marcus smart,he has been by far the best player at every level, the man needs the ball in his hands to create for himself and for others (9.9 fta pg) he is a below avg shooter, so both of these factors indicate he cant play off the ball. Thus rondo is most likely gone .

When you factor in they draft ANOTHER guard in james yong the cs must really that marucs is   a pg not the combo guard that many have speculated, cuz if that was the case they wouldnt have drafted young too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i don't understand why we did not draft vonleh???  big guys are harder to find / develop than 1's and 2's.  sullinger popping 3's at 25% is not what we need.  sully too slow to play the 4.  we need a 4.  bass ain't it.  oy vey

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Seriously, DA never addressed a need which is scoring."

LOL. Smart piled up stats and Young can shoot. 

Scoring was addressed. 

What was not addressed to the same extent was the big man thing as some have pointed out. 

Ainge may be higher on some of our existing bigs than I am...

But we'll see, trader Danny is never done

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

i don't understand why we did not draft vonleh???  big guys are harder to find / develop than 1's and 2's.  sullinger popping 3's at 25% is not what we need.  sully too slow to play the 4.  we need a 4.  bass ain't it.  oy vey

[object HTMLDivElement]

"Character issues" was what I read on Hoopshype

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

Seriously, DA never addressed a need which is scoring.  That later round pick will take 3 yrs min to develop...just sayin'

What ignorance.

Young was a freshman on the same team Randle was a freshman on. Why will Young need ANY more time to develop than Randle?

Did you miss the scouting report on chubby T-Rex arms Randle with the 'rouge' screw swimming around in his foot? He can't go left and has way too much attitude for being in Antoine Walker's body.

Young averaged 14.3 points, with a 'disappointing' 35% from behind the line because he was billed as such a shooter. Wow! Randle averaged 0.7 more points than Young at Kentucky! He's developed everyone! Young will need 2-3 years. Hahahaha! 

Young came through when it counted with 20 points and 40% on 3's in the title game and an INSANE dunk in traffic. He also dropped 17 in the semi's against Wisconsin and is still growing, adding 2 inches from 6'6" to 6'8" since he left high school. now he is the same height as Julius. Randle was soooo impressive with his 10 points against my Huskies huh? He let the 195lb DeAndre Daniels and Giffey, the 6'5" German, frustrate and expose him.

Looks like a winner 10 picks ahead of Young huh?

Fakers are a joke

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I love the Smart pick.  He's a physical specimen and it is frightening to watch him drive to the hoop - kinda like LeBron; he drives with speed and power.

I also like the Young pick.  We need guys who can shoot from the outside.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Smart is an excellent player - but I am scratching my head because the only area that I would rate the Celtics as "above average" is point guard.

You have to address needs in these drafts too.

Had they been able to get Payne at 17 I would have felt better about this draft - I was hoping.

Everyone is calling young a shooter/scorer - I guess I'll defer to the ESPN experts.  But in the Kentucky games I watched, I barely remember Young. 

Celts desperately need a shooter - but maybe they go FA to get one. 

Over all - we are looking at another lottery next year unless Ainge has something up his sleeve via trade.

Defense.  It is still important.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

"Character issues" was what I read on Hoopshype

interesting.  first i've heard of that.  read an article or two about him- one i think from the globe that painted him as a bright eyed (relatively- north of boston) home town kid who'd love to play for the C's.  the articles also mentioned his nba-ready body.  at 6-10 240 that's pretty solid, maybe another 10 pounds to re-arrange and add as muscle.

but i look at derrick favors who is now a decent player and he started out slow the first couple of years.  the nets threw him out like an old rag- devin harris was the meat and potatos of that trade.  vonleh seemed better than that.  i still say 1's and 2's in THIS LEAGUE are easier to find than decent 4's and 5's

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Prediction:

Smart will be a nice combo guard off the bench that can direct a team, play some defense and develop into a leader on a young team. Simply cannot shoot, and teams do not have to cover him. 7th or 8th player off the bench on a playoff team

Young needs to show he can get bigger and stronger and not lose any quickness. Simply not ready to play in the NBA, will be in Maine next year. Hoping he can some day comp James Posey. 7th man, maybe someday if he fully develops can be a 6th man on a playoff team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Scoring was addressed. 

What was not addressed to the same extent was the big man thing as some have pointed out. 

Agreed.  When was the last time the Cs had somebody average 7 free throws a game?  Been a missing piece for a long time. I think both these players can get to the line. They will make a good tandem. If Young really is 6'8" now then the can be the Cs SF of the future too.  I noticed he uses his left a lot in the highlights. Can he use his right?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Scoring was addressed. 

Ahh, the Celtics will be lucky to score 94 pts/game with this team.  They were almost DEAD LAST in scoring last year.  Did you watch any games?  Another DA backer who thinks he can do no wrong.  Shake head....
    If the C's were going to suit up this type of team Tibbs should've been kept on the payroll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to fbombfury's comment:

What ignorance.

Young was a freshman on the same team Randle was a freshman on. Why will Young need ANY more time to develop than Randle?

Did you miss the scouting report on chubby T-Rex arms Randle with the 'rouge' screw swimming around in his foot? He can't go left and has way too much attitude for being in Antoine Walker's body.

Young averaged 14.3 points, with a 'disappointing' 35% from behind the line because he was billed as such a shooter. Wow! Randle averaged 0.7 more points than Young at Kentucky! He's developed everyone! Young will need 2-3 years. Hahahaha! 

Young came through when it counted with 20 points and 40% on 3's in the title game and an INSANE dunk in traffic. He also dropped 17 in the semi's against Wisconsin and is still growing, adding 2 inches from 6'6" to 6'8" since he left high school. now he is the same height as Julius. Randle was soooo impressive with his 10 points against my Huskies huh? He let the 195lb DeAndre Daniels and Giffey, the 6'5" German, frustrate and expose him.

Looks like a winner 10 picks ahead of Young huh?

Fakers are a joke

What's Randle got to do with the Celtics picks?  The Celtics have a lot of work to do if they expect to compete against the Heat.  Your assessments/rants are probably the most foolish comments on this board.  My favorite one was you know how to bet on sports(after the fact!).  Let me guess, you had the Red Sox to in the World Series at 25-1 last year!!!  LMAO.  I can't wait for the Celtics home at the bottom again this year!   

Sections
Shortcuts