Draft Sleepers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Draft Sleepers

Maybe he makes turnovers trying too hard but all I saw was Louisville was helpless with him on the bench.

When he was on the floor noone could contain his penetration.

He is more like Kenny Anderson than Allen Iverson. Mookie Blaylock even.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Andrew Harrison decides to come out, i would take him with our second first round pick. He could eaisly be better than whoever we take with the first pick. Parker and Harrison would solve a lot of Celtic problems. That would allow us to trade Rondo for more picks or as part of a deal that lands us a star shooting guard or a center.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

If Andrew Harrison decides to come out, i would take him with our second first round pick. He could eaisly be better than whoever we take with the first pick. Parker and Harrison would solve a lot of Celtic problems. That would allow us to trade Rondo for more picks or as part of a deal that lands us a star shooting guard or a center.

You can do a lot worse than a smart shooting guard that can do it all on the perimeter play D, make sharp passes and handle and finish at the rim.

A Ray Allen that can pass? I'll take it ALL DAY.

I would not at all be surprised to see both Harrisons in an N BA all-star game on sunday in 2 or 3 years. They are splash brothers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I like Vonleh too. I just don't classify him, or potential lottery picks as a "sleeper". My "sleeper" would have to go with T.J. Warren.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Question: is there a source for a list of all reasonably notable players who will be in the draft (regarless of class year)? Thanks for any helpful info.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to hondorondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Question: is there a source for a list of all reasonably notable players who will be in the draft (regarless of class year)? Thanks for any helpful info.

[/QUOTE]

I always check nbadraft.net's mock draft. Very informative overall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

New Sleeper...Frank Kaminsky (Wisconsin) 6'11" but only a Junior and staying in school.   3 threes and 28 points or 43.8% of team's 64 total...great game !!!

Soooo, maybe next year's draft ? We've got 10 picks coming up...maybe a team who gets him will take 2-3 of ours ?

A.Gordon 6'8" F, only a Freshman, only got 8 points but an impressive 18 rebs---he is a brusier banger in the post !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

New Sleeper...Frank Kaminsky (Wisconsin) 6'11" but only a Junior and staying in school.   3 threes and 28 points or 43.8% of team's 64 total...great game !!!

Soooo, maybe next year's draft ? We've got 10 picks coming up...maybe a team who gets him will take 2-3 of ours ?

A.Gordon 6'8" F, only a Freshman, only got 8 points but an impressive 18 rebs---he is a brusier banger in the post !

Couldn't agree with you more on Kaminsky.  love his game. didn't know he's staying in school.  He could've had 40 tonight if they fed him the ball when he was open.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

response to SFBostonFan's comment:UOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looks like the D-league is going to get better. All these good players are pushing others out of the pros!

I'm keeping my eye on Kaminsky for sure. Pau Gasol skillset!

Gordon has Blake Griffin written ALL OVER HIM!

He's a better defender in his versatility. A Ron Artest with Blake Griffin ups!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

WCS has Fab Melo written all over him by the way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

My game plan is this:

Pick 1- Joel Embiid, Noah Vonleh, Julius Randle (In that order)

Pick 2- Cleanthony Early, Aaron Gordon, Andrew Harrison

Make trades to acquire these players someway somehow.

Ideally we draft Embiid and Early. Trade future picks for both Harrisons and Russ Smith.

Next season:

Embiid scenario.

Rondo, Andrew Harrison,Wallace, Green, Embiid

Pressey, Aaron Harrison, Chris Johnson, Early, Anthony.

Humphries, Bradley, Bayless casualties compensated with draft picks.

Bass traded for one of the Harrisons.

Green goes back to OKC power forward role.

Sully and Olynk in the mix according to who plays best.(probably beat Wallace and Anthony for minutes)

Pressey and Russ Smith compete for minutes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

After I saw how well he played last night and how UCLA missed him sitting on the bench in foul trouble, I don't know how much of a sleeper K. Anderson, a 6'9" Guard is ??? But he's only a sophomore and staying in school, I think.

I'd take him, Gary Harris from Mich State too, right now over Rondo (HA!)...Mea Culpa, I said that and I'm not a Rondo Hater

[/QUOTE] I like this Kid Anderson..oozing potential.I only saw him against Florida for the first half. But, best player on the floor...

Anderson just announced that he is entering the draft according to ESPN.  His mate Zach Lavine is also leaving.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Next season:

Vonleh scenario.

Rondo, Andrew Harrison, Green, Vonleh, Humphries.

Pressey, Aaron Harrison, Early, Sully, Olynyk.

Wallace (buy out or amnesty).

Bass traded for one of the Harrisons

Bradley, Bayless casualties compensated with picks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, very long and fights underneath as well as shoot from outside...Gasoft2...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Next season:

Randle scenario.

Rondo, Andrew Harrison, Green, Sully, Humphries.

Pressey, Aaron Harrison, Early, Randle, Olynyk.

Wallace buy out or amnesty.

Bass traded for one of the Harrisons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

[QUOTE]

The problem with with Aaron Gordon is he's only 6-8.

Why should the Celts add another undersized PF?

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, our biggest need, and has been since we lost Perkins, is a Center and if we don't get Embiid, give up some picks and get Asik or Gortat for next season & then hope we can trade some picks for Kaminsky next year as I don't think we'll get him in our 1st rd pick in 2015.

Yes, I agree about 6'8" Gordon as we have Sully & Oly, a bit taller, but I'd rather have a young Gordon than Wallace, Bass or Green and we are going to need some more Forwards to back up Sully & Oly. But I wouldn't draft Gordon as our 1st pick. He is a hustler and reminds me of Hump whom I like but i guess we can't keep him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I like Kaminsky. I would be very happy grabbing, Early and Kaminsky if we end up with the 5th pick or lower. I think Kaminsky has better upside than KO. More agile, better shot, better post player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Wow...the way Shabazz Napier(Uconn) played today, 25 pts, he'd make us forget about Rondo and A. Bradley. He's a senior too but only 6'1".  Could be our 2nd first round pick after we hopefully get Embiid. I'd still rather have Kyle Anderson UCLA a 6'9" guard who can rebound with Forwards.

Has G. Harris, Mich State, got 22 pts today, a G too and only 6' tall and a Freshman declared eligibility ?

Magic Johnson was a great player but as a Laker who burned us a couple of times I was not unhappy to see Mich State lose & good too to see a New England team win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Vonleh too. I just don't classify him, or potential lottery picks as a "sleeper". My "sleeper" would have to go with T.J. Warren.

[/QUOTE]

I like Warren as well...always around the action...something about the guy , he's always in the middle of the action...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow...the way Shabazz Napier(Uconn) played today, 25 pts, he'd make us forget about Rondo and A. Bradley. He's a senior too but only 6'1".  Could be our 2nd first round pick after we hopefully get Embiid. I'd still rather have Kyle Anderson UCLA a 6'9" guard who can rebound with Forwards.

Has G. Harris, Mich State, got 22 pts today, a G too and only 6' tall and a Freshman declared eligibility ?

Magic Johnsson was a great player but as a Laker who burned us a couple of times I was not unhappy to see Mich State lose & good too to see a New England team win.

[/QUOTE]

see my eariler post on Napier.

been hyping this kid all season

Kemba Walker 2.0 but better IQ, game management and passing.

He's been a beast for 2 seasons now

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I was very impressed with Julius Randle, Kentucky, who got 16 pts 11 rebs and is the double double leader with 24 this year. He should be on our radar if available for our 2nd pick 1st round. And we get to see more of him in final 4.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

WCS has Fab Melo written all over him by the way.

[/QUOTE]

Kentucky has played much better without him. He's another one that should stay in college another year or three. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

I was very impressed with Julius Randle, Kentucky, who got 16 pts 11 rebs and is the double double leader with 24 this year. He should be on our radar if available for our 2nd pick 1st round. And we get to see more of him in final 4.

[/QUOTE]

he's not dropping past 8th pick and thats being easy. I'd say 6th pick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Shabazz Napier.. He is a problem. 

Sections
Shortcuts